Coffee and Cog's Art

Greetings everyone!  

Just gotta say that a little bit ago, my spouse and I came across Don't Starve.  Fell in love with the style immediately, and it gave me a game that was both survival and sorta creative at the same time.  I find it hard to sometimes find games to play considering I can easily get motion-sickness; so the 2D of it all really made me happy. 

Only very recently have we really  gotten into it; talking about different character interactions, cute AU's (We need more adorable William, yo!)... and with it, came the artistic flow.  So I impart some of my doodles and art unto you.  I wouldn't mind adding to this thread every now and then; but working 9.5 hours a day can be pretty mind-mushing. 

Also; hopefully, I do this right?  If not--please, please tell me.

First, we have 'Smol Scientist, Big Sweater'.  I was having a hard day and needed Wilson in a huge sweater.  Don't know where he came across it, and it's fraying around the edges but.. at least it's warm? (they're all attachments until I figure this out.) 

Second, a slightly enticing and perchance 'sleazy' Maxwell.   His hands ended up being way more detailed than intended (and if this one is inappropriate, please let me know. I tried looking through the rules and couldn't find anything.  It's not as 'raunchy' as stuff I've come across but.. can't be too safe!)

Third is one I manageed to do at work with pens and a marker.  Sort of a take on 'King Wilson', though a bit more casual.  Enjoy! (Took a picture of it with my phone.)

smol man big sweater.png

maxwell sfw.png

tumblr_o5aqfwyO7O1r5d8i1o1_1280.jpg

• Like 12

• Developer

I love the drawings!

I don't think there's anything "out-of-the-rules-y" in the second picture, though whenever you're not sure if a pic is appropriate or not, just put it under a spoiler (by highlighting it and clicking the eye icon in the text box).

That first one though, it's so cute! Definitely my fave of the three!

Welcome to the foruns, @coffee-and-cogs, I hope you have a great time here :)

Edited by ImDaMisterL
  • Like 2

There's are awesome! :D I don't think there's anyone inappropriate about the second picture.

So you're new to the fandom? You may want to check out the Forbidden Knowledge trailer and the William Carter puzzles :) a bit of backstory for Wilson and William/Maxwell.

• Like 2

My goodness, thank you for the responses! :) I had myself set up to receive notifications of replies, expecting emails but I didn't get any-- oh well. 

@ImDaMisterL, thanks for the heads up.   I don't tend to do a lot of adult-themed art (though surprisingly I'm working on one currently HAH), so I probably won't post those as I don't know the exact age group of people on here. Can never be too safe.  In regards to 'Smol Scientist, Big Sweater', I had a mighty need for Wilson in such a way-- it was a hard day at work, hah. 

@Mobbstar,  Trust me, I hear you.  And thank you for subscribing and liking!  I'm hoping to keep this relatively updated. 

@DragonMage156,  Thank you so much  for your kindness :)  I'm fairly new, but my spouse is a bit of a lore nerd and has researched as much as she can about it, so I know of it by-proxy.  She's a fan of Maxwell and William (poor cinn-bun that he is).  But thanks for the heads up. 

And, you're in luck!  I managed to do a few more.  

Wilson got a bit carried away with keeping Webber warm...

Wilson got a bit carried away with keeping Webber warm (I have this adorable headcanon that, despite his arachnephobia, Wilson basically adopts the guy.) 

tumblr_o5h6qfRcTt1r5d8i1o2_1280.jpg

More 'King Wilson'.  He looks like he has a Very Bad Idea.. 

tumblr_o4mc5zX78q1r5d8i1o1_1280.jpg

And one of my first forays when I wanted to play with some Faber-Castel brush pens. :)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, BeanieBoy said:

I don't think I want to be anywhere near Sleazy Maxwell...

Love your art thought! I'm always running around with a torch, so the 4th one spoke to me on a deep emotional level. :)

@BeanieBoy  Honestly, I wouldn't either; though men in suits or dress-wear definitely a weakness of mine.  So I might share a drink with him; if only for conversation..   But thank you for enjoying my art!  It's definitely fun to draw these whenever I can.  I haven't quite gone for the others yet, though I should probably change that..  Maybe Wendy, next?

@ImDaMisterL Aw, thanks!  :3  I only had a limited amount of colours at the time and had to go by memory.  Hence why the Winter Hat isn't perf.  I really do wish we could find the Big Sweater.

• Like 1

Just adding a sketch to the thread.  Sorry I've been a bit quiet, folks.  

It's William!  Enjoying some coffee and something to eat while reading up on whatever's in front of him.  Either a random book or the Codex!  You lot decide.    It's been a hard day, so I felt some more fluff was needed.   Besides, we just don't see enough of poor William.

william with coffee and a book.png

• Like 8

I do apologize for the long absence.  Things have been hectic.  I've been playing a bit of DST with my spouse, as well as finally giving Walani a go.  She's definitely a cutie!   But, I do not come back empty handed!  Thankfully, I've been able to doodle recently, while at work.  So, without further ado.. 

tumblr_o9cx1mx4FR1r5d8i1o1_1280.jpg

Does it surprise anyone when this gent slips out?  It was incredibly slow at work that day, and I wanted to bring home a present for the spouse.   One of her favourites is Maxwell. 

The other attachments were more for myself.  A Wilson in a hoodie, because I was grumpy; and torch-wielding Wilson (say that ten times fast..) because I wanted to play with lights and shadows.  Enjoy! 

frightened wilson.png

hoodie wilson.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, coffee-and-cogs said:

Does it surprise anyone when this gent slips out?  It was incredibly slow at work that day, and I wanted to bring home a present for the spouse.   One of her favourites is Maxwell. 

His mouth reminds me of those terrible fabulous SFM videos.

• Like 1

It's been a while again, and I shall always apologise.  This time, I come to you with Walani! :D  She was a real fun subject to draw, and it gave me a chance to try out Medibang Paint Pro.   I do have a Maxwell/Charlie piece in the works, but no ETA on it.  Also, I've set up a kofi, so if you enjoy my art, please feel free to leave me a tip!

walani.png

• Like 6

On 4/11/2016 at 0:20 PM, coffee-and-cogs said:

Wilson got a bit carried away with keeping Webber warm...

Wilson got a bit carried away with keeping Webber warm (I have this adorable headcanon that, despite his arachnephobia, Wilson basically adopts the guy.) 

Oh, it's like that scene in A Christmas Story where the brother gets dressed up so much he can't move!

• Like 3

On 9/2/2016 at 2:11 AM, minespatch said:

I'm shocked I found this thread! You have a lot of talent. Nice to see your work and looking forward to your future pieces.

Hi @minespatch, thank you!!  Yeah, unfortunately I don't update much.  Hoping to have something finished relatively soon.

On 9/2/2016 at 1:24 PM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Oh, it's like that scene in A Christmas Story where the brother gets dressed up so much he can't move!

@ExtollerOfTrolls  Hehe, I know, right??

• Like 2

Well, I got this finished sooner than anticipated.  Don't know if I'll ever get around to colouring it; but the moment I saw a certain Vincent Price pose, I knew I had to use it for these two.  A bit more of a dabble into my own style; but it works fairly well.  I also have a ko-fi set up as well; so if any of you enjoy what you see, why not put something in the tip jar?

charliemax inks.png

• Like 4