MenaAthena

Tips on how to be Courteous to Fellow Players

176 posts in this topic

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

Maybe putting the flint in the chest because moleworms and such.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Moleworms aren't everywhere though, so you just have to make sure there are no holes nearby.

4 people like this

*Insert applause here because I am currently on mobile and unable to supply a video*

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Dylan738 said:

Well done.

However, something about picking 4920858 flowers for no reason should be mentioned, I joined a day 3 server and 2 people had garlands... wtf!?

I totally wish new players didn't pick flowers like crazy. Most of the new players don't know picking flowers restores sanity :p

Edited by MiniKeeper
2 people like this

11 minutes ago, Dylan738 said:

Well done.

However, something about picking 4920858 flowers for no reason should be mentioned, I joined a day 3 server and 2 people had garlands... wtf!?

7 minutes ago, MiniKeeper said:

I totally have wish new players didn't pick flowers like crazy. Most of the new players don't know picking flowers restores sanity :p

I try my best only to pick flowers I need...aka I pick flowers for a garland and werepig manure never for restoring sanity unless I'm playing singleplayer and not dst.

1 person likes this

I'll have to admit, I'm one of those people who picks flowers on the first day... It's an old habit from my early days in the single player game, and I like to have a garland early to help negate and restored sanity lost at evening and night. I try not to pick more than I need though.

4 people like this

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

Unless you're Wickerbottom and know EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(And also look fabulous in a garland ;))

Can't argue with that logic KappaRoss

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, Serph said:

If you see someone half insane at base, feed him/her some green mushs

I think you mean "hand to" cause the game won't let you give people "harmful" food to other people, you also should've mentioned that characters have idle animations that display that they're insane or hungry.

3 people like this

47 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

I thought of something else.

• Try not to Pick Dupes: Before you pick your character, take a quick look at who's already there. If there's someone you're comfortable playing as that hasn't been picked already, it's probably the one you want to choose. It's best to play with a character you're familiar and good with, and there's really nothing wrong with duplicate characters, but three Wigfrids is a biiit excessive, don't you think?

Agreed, sadly it sucks to see 2-3 Wilsons running around, however, if a full Wolfgang is around, lots of beard hair, lots of health, lots of effigies. 

A Rule:

• The Bees and the Birds: Tell players to leave the bee boxes alone, wait until a certain time to get the honey, and plz, let no one eat the bird in the cage. 

4 people like this

Organisation

Chest order: If you're dropping loot off at the base, first of all thank you for being useful! :) However, please check the chests: If it seems like chaos, dump it anywhere; if it seems organised, keep it that way! If there is a chest full of silk and spider glands, that's probably where the silk and spider glands go. Take a minute to check what is in all the chests (if there isn't another player using them at the time). 

Don't leave things on the ground: If there are chests, put your loot in them. If they are full and there's wood, make a chest. If there isn't wood and you don't have any very pressing, go chop some! A chest is 3 fully grown trees if I remember rightly, so it won't take long. Obviously when the base is just starting you need your wood for other things, but once you're comfortable (late Autumn) you need to be chesting!

Prioritise chest space in early game: When you're short on chests in the early game you want to think about what you put in the few you have. Minerals (rocks, flint etc) can be eaten by moles so don't leave it on the ground (in a lot of places). Things like pigskins can be eaten by monsters, so don't leave those on the ground. I forget which others... But I'm sure you get the point. 

Chose position of storage: It's a good idea to have fridges next to crock pots, because that's where you use food. If you have a tree farming area, put a wood chest there. Keep your magic items in a chest next to your Shadow Manipulator. Saplings, grass tufts and farms? Put a couple of chests: One for manure, rot guano; one for grass and twigs.

Plan ahead: Keep Ice Flingomatics in mind. You're going to need these eventually, so leave a space for one in an optimal position (or two if you want an uber base). This goes for your farmings/growing areas as well as your central base. 

4 people like this

9 hours ago, Crown_king said:

Don't forget you should address everybody as Sir, Mr, Miss or Madam. No joke people love a good gentlemen or lady type player on the server that treats everybody politely and is always offering their food before eating. 

Where are you Mr. Wilson?

Totally not a Dennis the menace reference.

Edited by Dylan738
3 people like this

The post was stickied. Bravo MenaAthena!

Edited by MiniKeeper
1 person likes this