Tips on how to be Courteous to Fellow Players

32 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

I dont see it as a big deal like I said there is ALOT of petals like ALOT

It can still be a little inconsiderate, especially if you create one large, barren area. If you're on your own world, yeah, that's fine. Do whatever you'd like. But if not, then try to remember that other people need resources too.

*Don't friend pigs and make them follow you to the portal whenever a webber spawns in* Seriously, i had that happen to me so freaking much. I would ask the players whether i could play as webber. They would day yes and then some dumby/troll would bring a pig to portal. Have you guys remembered that when you spawned in, you're character would lag? Yep, i was forced to watch webber die while the person just stands there. Guess what he did after i died? He just TOOK my stuff. I mean how valuable is monster meat and spider eggs??!? When you plant there spider eggs as other characters you just get attacked by the spiders. So i got a little salty and started spewing sarcasm. I quited after that.

*Don't get salty over other's characters* Like once i picked willow(willow half main here) and started doing my stuff helping the team. Then someone just JOINS and started complaining about twiggy trees and the lag they cause cuz he can't move. Like seriouly it happens to all of us( the reason why portals will glow when they spawn in a player at dusk/night). After that a wendy went to base and started complimenting willow cuz shes cute. Guess what saltlick said? Willow is arguably the WORST character ever. And proceeds to argue with the rest of the team.

*Don't destroy the base and proceed to say you are doing a deed* I had a wx player destroy 2 ice boxes and eat the gears before destroying the crockpots. His reason? Not symetrical. His buddy started saying im retarded blah blah blah and logs off. Seriously ask before you destroy. Like people were in the middle of USING the ice box and crockpot damnit. Can't you be more nice?

*Don't keep dying( normal deaths are ok, but know-you-are-weak-but-wanna-prove-you-are-not deaths are terrible)* I had a wigfrid take her spear and helm and attempt to attack those clusters of tier 2 dens. She died. And died. And died as she kept trying to take her stuff back. Me being the support(not forge) literally got my health so low i cannot craft anymore hearts. I mean can you imagine her max health? Seriously like it was until that whenever she died, she just went back to base waiting for me. And that was how i got confined to the base siphoning my health to save this wigfrid.

I can add some tips:

Map icons. If world is old enough, it probably already have something that shows global map icons, or even reveals area. Most of the time those places are strategically important, and people tend to make bases near that kind of places. That usually helps me to find a base in 1-2 days. It's important to not ask people for locations and resources before you show your worth. But who reads this kind of tips anyway? Just enjoy your silence in response.

Day 1 spelunking. As someone before said, underworld is a good source of early mats. You can usually find here some initial amount of food (carrots, shrooms), sticks, grass and FLINT (it's renewable there). It sometimes even provides shortcuts. Also you can pick up some bulbs here. If you're lucky, you can find some gold lying around and create temporary science base (to make a backpack and armor right away, or even a lantern if you got enough for alchemy). Alchemy station near exit from underground, that's also closest to the portal, is my favorite, because that way you can get your lantern day one.

On 3/2/2016 at 4:20 PM, MenaAthena said:

If you don't want Strangers, set a Password: You'd think this one would be a no brainer, but I've heard a lot of stories of people joining servers just to be kicked the moment they enter.

XD this happened to me once. I went back on and told them to set a password if they didn't want random people to join. For some reason they didn't want to... They kicked me agai. Lol

Archived