All Released Skins (as of now)

47 minutes ago, Sebroz said:

I'm trying to figure out how to get the skins into single player, I might eventually resort to manually cropping the art from in-game screenshots, but that means I'd need to own the skin.

I think they're purposely a different file type to be unable to be seen via file editing. And simply taking screenshots would be too difficult, seeing that there are more than just 1 facial expression, breathing animations and such.

• Developer
5 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Maybe Peter's and Nome's(I think he does for the skins and servers security) souls but really nobody.

At least two things wrong with your post:

One, client side is all Peter's fault, I just do server security. When you can find a way to get skins on steam, then that's on me. :) 

Two, what lead you to believe I had a soul?

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, nome said:

Two, what lead you to believe I had a soul?

I mean I always thought your in game model looked pretty cute enough to have a soul. :^)

Spoiler

Nome 2 spoop.jpg

Edited by GiddyGuy
Forgot a part. ;A;
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Chirpy said:

it happened to tf2

it will happen to dst

tbh

TF2 isn't even remotely dead, and the only ones who complain about the clothes are the ones who have none.

Does that apply to you here as well?

1 hour ago, Quyzbuk said:

TF2 isn't even remotely dead, and the only ones who complain about the clothes are the ones who have none.

Does that apply to you here as well?

i sold all my hats for dank dst memes

-------------

Team Fortress 2 is pretty dead lets be fair mate.

I mean it's not the same anymore. Sure there is still alot of players but just not as many as there was before. Alot of people quit when the new updates rolled by (me included) and if you are like me and have like 1.7k hours on TF2 it's just really old. I mean the gameplay is pretty great but just.. I just feel like Valve can put more effort into their updates instead of just smacking everything with "community update" instead of an actual "real" update. left a bad taste in my mouth to be honest. All a community update really is is just new cosmetics. I could argue for hours on community updates but i'd rather not. What im trying to say is the cosmetics really took over the game and it just got reaaally old. And i know there is going to be some of you like "oh yeah you don't need to focus on cosmetics and hats"  but like when the game shoves it down your throat it's really hard not too pay attention to it. So yeah. 

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

I'm just gonna say this and be on my way before we get off topic.

Tf2 expects you to pay for hats

vs.

DST gives you free random item drops

TF2 really like.. pushes all these cosmetics in your direction so it's near impossible to ignore.

DST is doing every right with cosmetics so far which is gucci

weshelpme.png

Edited by Chirpy

14 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

I'm just gonna say this and be on my way before we get off topic.

Tf2 expects you to pay for hats

vs.

DST gives you free random item drops

TF2 gives you 5-6 ways to acquire items, including their own free random item drop system. You are not expected to pay for anything, that's simply an option if you absolutely need the instant gratification. It is free to play that is honestly free to play

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quyzbuk said:

TF2 gives you 5-6 ways to acquire items, including their own free random item drop system.

5 - 7 ?

i can only think of 2.

Drops and Achievements

what's the other 5 - 6?

Edited by Chirpy

2 hours ago, Chirpy said:

5 - 7 ?

i can only think of 2.

Drops and Achievements

what's the other 5 - 6?

Drops, achievements, crafting (with specific recipes for almost everything so that you don't rely on pure luck), trading, direct store purchase (in-game or community market), holiday event spawns (for holiday items), redeeming from IRL purchases (clothing, soundtracks, etc).

I'm sure I'm even forgetting one, but there you go, 7 ways right there (technically 8 if you separate the in-game store and community market), 5 of which not requiring purchase of any kind. And that's not even mentioning that the creators of those items if you go with the purchase option(s) get a percentage of every sale so you support both developer and content creator.

Edited by Quyzbuk

20 hours ago, Chirpy said:

i sold all my hats for dank dst memes

-------------

Team Fortress 2 is pretty dead lets be fair mate.

I mean it's not the same anymore. Sure there is still alot of players but just not as many as there was before. Alot of people quit when the new updates rolled by (me included) and if you are like me and have like 1.7k hours on TF2 it's just really old.

Eh, not really.

I see this concern for TF2 and it almost always comes from people who have stopped playing long ago. Some community servers dried up, sure, but some new ones took their place too. It's not dead (the kinda bad matchmaking might put you in the occasional empty server) and even if it was, it certainly wouldn't have anything to do with the addition of dumb cosmetics. It would probably have something to do with the fact that the game is like, 8 years old. 

I can kind of understand your qualm with skins because like with TF2, that seems to be what a lot of people want to talk about, but it is in no way going to be the 'death' of DST. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Quyzbuk said:

Drops, achievements, crafting (with specific recipes for almost everything so that you don't rely on pure luck), trading, direct store purchase (in-game or community market), holiday event spawns (for holiday items), redeeming from IRL purchases (clothing, soundtracks, etc).

I'm sure I'm even forgetting one, but there you go, 7 ways right there (technically 8 if you separate the in-game store and community market), 5 of which not requiring purchase of any kind. And that's not even mentioning that the creators of those items if you go with the purchase option(s) get a percentage of every sale so you support both developer and content creator.

alright im just going to say right now

I thought when you said "acquire" i thought you meant inquiring items for free. My mistake for not clearing that up.

When i say free i mean like

Drops.

Achviements.

Trading is essentially "paying' and i know you can trade with items you find but that's really not the same and is a whole other topic

Edited by Chirpy

Can you argue about whether skins are good or bad for DST in another thread? This is supposed to be a thread for collecting pictures of skins and commenting on specific skins, but there's none of that on this page, just two posts about Aquaterion doing something to view the skins in-game without owning them and most of a page of you guys arguing about whether or not skins will be "the death of Don't Starve Together" and comparing it to TF2. Honestly your original post saying that wasn't on-topic in the first place, but it's starting to get out of hand.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Quyzbuk said:

I'm sure I'm even forgetting one, but there you go, 7 ways right there (technically 8 if you separate the in-game store and community market), 5 of which not requiring purchase of any kind.

Let's get back on track then;

Here's a larger image of the fanged firepit

bb35739b39c0038648f9e70896c0f877.png

Edit: I Just realized the title says "clothes" not "skins", still counts right?

Edited by Aquaterion
  • Like 2

Just now, Chris1488 said:

(My previous thread with the concept art was called skins.)

Wait, so the bottomless pit IS in the game?

that's the fanged one, not the bottomless 1, but I think the bottomless one is, its just not obtainable yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

that's the fanged one, not the bottomless 1, but I think the bottomless one is, its just not obtainable yet.

Alright, I'll just pester @nome about it.

On a side note, the bottomless one was there, but edited out...

Edited by Chris1488