Game Update - 163062 - 01/20/2016

• Developer

Changes

• Killing creatures by feeding them harmful food is now considered Murder!
  • Campfires are no longer indestructible
  • Clock now shows the world day by default, and your personal days survived when you mouse over it

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug in dig and groggy animations
  • Fixed bug where Gobbler can sometimes become homeless after a server is reloaded
  • Fixed bug where you fail to receive loot when killing creatures in your inventory by feeding them harmful food
  • Fixed bug with decayed Backpack skins not showing up properly when entering and exiting Caves
  • Fixed bug with Slurpers not loading properly if saved while equipped
  • Fixed bug with player profile where the default for the base slot was not saved correctly

40 minutes ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Killing creatures by feeding them harmful food is now considered Murder!
  • Campfires are no longer indestructible

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug in dig and groggy animations
  • Fixed bug where Gobbler can sometimes become homeless after a server is reloaded
  • Fixed bug where you fail to receive loot when killing creatures in your inventory by feeding them harmful food

Oh... So people actually read the last post I made on that topic, for the lack of new posts I thought that I got to the point of being more annoying than helpful. Glad to see those fixed and that I not achieved maximum annoyance levels... yet.

8 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I wish for someone to explain to me how this is beneficial.

Killing things by feeding them harmful food in general is not a useful strategy, but the fact that you wouldn't get their drops when they died that way was a bug, and that's now fixed.

58 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I wish for someone to explain to me how this is beneficial.

Let Bearger follow you to a cutreed trap, and he will most likely kill himself by killing the tentacles and eat the monster meat because of the hp penalty.
Also the mushrooms that gives - hp can be used to give the werepig so you most likely can one hit them when theyve given you poop enough, even tho its not hard to take a werepig out. Just some examples :p

Yup, I think a hotfix may be necessary. If you choose random at the character selection, you will always spawn with the default clothes.

Also, bodygear lags behind on general starving and Wigfrid's "I only eat meat!" animations.

57 minutes ago, Mushu said:

Let Bearger follow you to a cutreed trap, and he will most likely kill himself by killing the tentacles and eat the monster meat because of the hp penalty.
Also the mushrooms that gives - hp can be used to give the werepig so you most likely can one hit them when theyve given you poop enough, even tho its not hard to take a werepig out. Just some examples :p

Actually, none of those examples count here. As the bug fixed is about feeding harmful food to things in your inventory(rabbits, moles, bees, etc).

• Developer
1 hour ago, Mudley said:

Yup, I think a hotfix may be necessary. If you choose random at the character selection, you will always spawn with the default clothes.

I was able to reproduce the issue, and am looking into the fix now, but I was curious, do you know if this broke on this update or is it that you just noticed it?

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

I was able to reproduce the issue, and am looking into the fix now, but I was curious, do you know if this broke on this update or is it that you just noticed it?

I don't recall this happening before today...

Also,  this happened when I got Woodie using the random option, guess who is back?

Spoiler

aSCblh5.jpg

• Developer
1 hour ago, Mudley said:

Also,  this happened when I got Woodie using the random option, guess who is back?

hahahahaha oh man, that bug is going to haunt me for awhile. I previously fixed the other causes of it, but with the help of your awesome reporting, it looks like we've tracked down (hopefully) the final cause!

Just now, MerelyMelly said:

I don't understand the purpose of making campfires destructible, seeing how they're not "permanent" structures in the first place.  If they're not kept lit, they eventually turn into ash, unlike fire pits. :/

I think this is for the ancient guardian an another enemy who breaks things

9 hours ago, t0panka said:

OH still no love for buggy Webber? :(

What is buggy with him? I encountered a few bugs but not sure if they are unique to Webber, like being unable to drop/plant things.

1 hour ago, Foa said:

What is buggy with him? I encountered a few bugs but not sure if they are unique to Webber, like being unable to drop/plant things.

Go to caves/ruins and let your friend step on web so spiders come out ... accept your death for no reason .)

EDIT: and i am not talking about the fact that it is almost impossible to befriend caves/ruins spiders with Webber :/

16 hours ago, PeterA said:

I just tried it out, and it does write the KU to the blocklist. Is it possible that you had the file locked by another program?
Can you try renaming blocklist.txt to something else (to back it up), and let the game write the file when using TheNet:Ban. Once it writes the file out, is there a difference between the formats of what you were writing manually and what the game is writing?

Hope this helps!

Hey Peter I tried using TheNet:Ban("KU_aabbccdd") by renaming file blocklist.txt into blocklist2.txt and then restarted game and used this console command to ban myself and it did not create a new file also did not ban me.  However to be sure I used TheNet:Ban(AllPlayers[1].userid) when I was in the server it worked, game created a new file by itself and wrote my name in there.

I also tried using TheNet:Ban(AllPlayers[1].userid) when I was in the server and it updated on my current blocklist.txt (which I backed up before I renamed that one into blocklist.txt again.)

I am writing TheNet:Ban("KU_aabbccdd") when I am not in the game from remote console and this does not create a new blocklist.txt if it does not exist and does not add a new line if it does exist. Ofcourse KU_aabbccdd represents my KU id here which I did not give in the forums..

I am using linux and I wonder if you tried this on a linux server because apparently this does not seem to work for linux servers.

And I used this in different machines as each of my server resides in an independent machine and 2 of them are running on ubuntu 14 and the last one is running on ubuntu 15.

Archived