Winona is Wilson's mom?

I dunno...I've always been kind of against the idea that OMG THEY'RE ALL RELATED/ALL ALREADY KNEW EACH OTHER!  Do they _have_ to be, for it to be interesting?  Can't some of them just be people with the right personalities that Maxwell thought might be useful to him? 

Sure, Maxwell, Wendy and Abigail.  Winona and Charlie, okay.  (Winnie and Wigfrid being sisters MAYBE if Winnie was canon...but she isn't.)  But I don't think they need to ALL be one huge tangled family bush tree!  All this Wilson and Willow are sisters and Wilson is actually the one who made WX and maybe he's also actually Wagstaff or--ooh!  ooh!  Wagstaff IS WX, inside the costume, he roboted himself! and Wes used to be Wigfrid's drama coach while Walani once taught Woodie surfing lessons* ENOUGH!

Maybe it's just me, but I seriously don't feel the need to have everyone be related.  _Why do they have to be_.  Why can't they just be themselves? (And good god, if Wilson was Winona's son, then he'd be Charlie's sister and that makes certain fanfic ideas some people have REALLY creepy...)  I'll kind of concede that possibly Winona and Woodie might've met each other at some point since it seems Winona was living in Canada for at least a while--but bear in mind Canada is FRIGGIN'  HUGE.  (shrug)

...Notorious

*Of course, I know that last one is ridiculous.  NOBODY ever works Shipwrecked into the lore.  Unfortunately.  Also, inb4 Minespatch draws this.  XD

17 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I dunno...I've always been kind of against the idea that OMG THEY'RE ALL RELATED/ALL ALREADY KNEW EACH OTHER!  Do they _have_ to be, for it to be interesting?  Can't some of them just be people with the right personalities that Maxwell thought might be useful to him?

I get why some people think that way, but the reason I like to think they're all connected is well... I don't find it interesting if it were random.

Everything ultimately comes back to Maxwell. Abigail & Wendy are the presumed twins of Maxwell's brother. Wolfgang is presumed to be apart of the circus that crashed into Maxwell's train. Wes did something to upset Maxwell. Winona is Charlie's sister who was Maxwell's assistant, as well as worked for Wagstaff someone who was also tricked by Maxwell. Woodie has an axe, Lucy whom Maxwell seems to know. Etc.

When a pattern like this shows itself it's hard to ignore it. In fact, it's easier to make assumptions that the rest follow the pattern.

Ultimately though my point is for me, and many others, it's much more interesting to think things are complicated. Maybe they aren't. Maybe they are.

Personally I believe they are.

7 hours ago, Tylordian said:

Maxwell is so playful and lighthearted with Willow about the fire, it makes me feel like it was an accident. Also, I think every character is there for a reason. They are all connected, somehow.

WX came from the factory. WX also shows knowledge of Maxwell and the Divining Rod, furthering this idea.

Willow, Maxwell, Winona and Wilson we already know.

Webber would be a child of one of the factory workers, or another character, he always talks about how their father invented stuff.

Wendy knew about either the factory fire or the last act, or another tragedy. She says this to Maxwell- "How are you coping, %s?".

We can't really find anything out about Wigfrid, she is stuck in her Viking form, and mentions no real-world events.

Nothing out of Wolfgang, Wes, or Woodie.

WIckerbottom shows knowledge of Maxwell, and mentions Castorthrophy when talking about Woodies werebeaver form. I looked this up, and it is a made up word. Also, when Maxwell is a ghost, she says: "Stings, doesn't it dear?" as if she has died before, and when she is a ghost, Maxwell says: "You know the price of revival as well as I do, %s." I think Wickerbottom could have been revived by Maxwell. Also, I think Maxwell is the one who gave or brought Wickerbottom her magic in the first place. Maxwell is able to read Wickerbottoms books.

I have a feeling that they were all brought in by them for a reason, maybe the reason they are so friendly to each other, even when they spawn, is because they have always known eachother. They might've lived in the same town.

Based on all the skeletons from failed survivors it's safe to say this isn't true.  Max has been pulling people into his world for a long time, and it seems he is largely an oppurtunist.  My theory is that he created adventure mode to get someone else to the throne so he could be free.  Who would want to be stuck on the throne forever?

On 9/15/2017 at 8:34 PM, MinniBat said:

I only found out about Winona today but what I learned of her immediately struck me as uuuh

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_owcuxcj5ML1vo94u1o2_1280.png

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_owcuxcj5ML1vo94u1o3_1280.png

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_owcuxcj5ML1vo94u1o5_1280.png

Hide contents

tumblr_owcuxcj5ML1vo94u1o1_1280.png

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_owcuxcj5ML1vo94u1o4_1280.png

Familiar!

Wilson DOES seem to know how to throw a machine together. Kinda.

I'm just wondering when "Wagstaff" is going to be part of the game. It looks like he was completely set up for being part of things. The name starting w/ a 'W', disappearing right after the fire (probably taken into the DS world), and the fact that he owned the radio-making company is also something worth noting.

Archived