Winona confirmed perks

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Crafting tons of boards, ropes etc. takes quite a lot time. Especially since I read time is so valuable that making farms, mining ice, sleeping in a tent and such things are a waste of precious time...

I think it takes a lot of time because of resource gathering, not the actual crafting. Maxwell and Woodie already have her beat there.

4 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

It's also great for less experienced players if they find themselves in a sudden situation. If night falls, your armor breaks or there is a surprice hound wave. 

I mentioned this before, but I think the only time when her fast crafting would be useful is when night falls and you don' t have a torch...

Which is completely pointless because she can take a free hit from Charlie :/

You are actually correct, she has no weaknesses and no strengths, myself being a min maxer this is a bit of a problem because I pick characters based on what they are best at, I did wish she had less health/sanity/hunger and one of these stats would be higher or something, maybe some damage resistance or sanity resistance or hunger resistance wouldn't be a bad thing really, she is a factory worker afterall and if we go back to early 20th Century some factory workers needed to wait a really long time in order to get a meal, I just wish some actual logic would be applied to this character

Just now, Ajosen said:

I feel like I'm stating the obvious again and again. This forum doesn't contain evey person who plays don't starve together. You and a few others are very vocal about your opinions in a character in a video game. What I'm saying is that it is wrong to assume that everyone will be as pesemistic and as unhappy as you. Also "widespread the standing is" you haven't even played a game as Winona or heard anyone's opinion of playing as her.

Honestly it's pointless to debate with your side because you have zero foundation for anything you are supporting, you're just saying "what if" over and over again. Requires no effort or thought at all. So regardless of what is said you'll just say "what if" again because it's impossible to disprove something that doesn't exist yet you still try to use that thing that doesn't exist to prove your own side. Am done with this "debate", will be returning to the real world now with real discussions about real things.

To be honest the faster building thing is decent enough to be like the character's secondary perk, but she basically has 3 secondary small perks and no bread and butter that everyone else has (except for Willow, obvs)

At least she can do more than Wilson?

5 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

At the end of the day it seems people wanted something previously unseen and flashy. Blowing everything else out of the water and redefining the way we play the game altogether.

I'm not in the "new and flashy" team, but i think she'll have a hard time finding unique place in a group, meaning doing something better than someone else. Like, Wickerbottom is probably better to manage things at camp (because of her books).

I don't think she need a lot, or something bright and shiny, but she is lacking something to make her really special. Because i agree that in the current state of the game, being able to avoid one hit from charlie isn't useful for most players and situations, and the free sewing kit is cosmetic, mostly.

The builder perk save a little time, but i'm afraid it will feel "invisible" to make half the time to craft ropes (if building thing applies to ropes and stuff like this).

I think she is lacking a proper purpose.

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

At the end of the day it seems people wanted something previously unseen and flashy. Blowing everything else out of the water and redefining the way we play the game altogether.

I'm not sure how that could be done. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on improvements either. Just bickering about things we've only seen and have yet to experience. I think brainstorming improvements would be more beneficial.

Not saying there hasn't been any, but we can benefit from more.

I think people just wanted  a new character that was good enough to main. And it is possible, look at Webber and Wigfrid. 

My improvement would be that she can craft things for less resources. So say for example, an Alchemy Engine now costs 2x Boards, 1 x Cut Stone and 3 x Gold, basically cutting all recipes in half. 

If she is a mechanic or engineer, she is smarter and can use resources more effectively. 

I still don't think that's enough for anyone to ever want to main her, but it would make her so much more useful in teams.

3 minutes ago, Ajosen said:

I feel like I'm stating the obvious again and again. This forum doesn't contain evey person who plays don't starve together. You and a few others are very vocal about your opinions in a character in a video game. What I'm saying is that it is wrong to assume that everyone will be as pesemistic and as unhappy as you. Also "widespread the standing is" you haven't even played a game as Winona or heard anyone's opinion of playing as her.

There are a lot of people who are grossly over estimating the play style impact her perks will have.   She is basically a beardless Wilson with tape. 

I think most people were hoping for something unique  without being overpowered similar to Wig, Max, Webber.

Instead we got a character  that is pretty basic and doesn't really justify her long development time.

11 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm not sure how that could be done. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on improvements either. Just bickering about things we've only seen and have yet to experience. I think brainstorming improvements would be more beneficial.

Not saying there hasn't been any, but we can benefit from more.

I think people just wanted  a new character that was good enough to main. And it is possible, look at Webber and Wigfrid. 

My improvement would be that she can craft things for less resources. So say for example, an Alchemy Engine now costs 2x Boards, 1 x Cut Stone and 3 x Gold, basically cutting all recipes in half. 

If she is a mechanic or engineer, she is smarter and can use resources more effectively. 

I still don't think that's enough for anyone to ever want to main her, but it would make her so much more useful in teams.

4 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Am done with this "debate", will be returning to the real world now with real discussions about real things.

Belittling the conversation doesn't make you look any better for skipping out on a valid point. 

Not everyone who plays the game is present that's a fact and there's your foundation.

1 minute ago, StarmanNess said:

To be honest the faster building thing is decent enough to be like the character's secondary perk, but she basically has 3 secondary small perks and no bread and butter that everyone else has (except for Willow, obvs)

It would had been nice if she had different stats to make her more unique compared the other characters (I know many characters have the same stats but they do have a big perk that makes them unique). 

4 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

I actually prefer having a beard and meat effigies. 

3 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I think it takes a lot of time because of resource gathering, not the actual crafting. Maxwell and Woodie already have her beat there.

I mentioned this before, but I think the only time when her fast crafting would be useful is when night falls and you don' t have a torch...

Which is completely pointless because she can take a free hit from Charlie :/

I personally find quite boring when I have to make 10 chests, even if all the resourses are given. So cooperating with Maxwell and/or Woodie could be interesting, she would craft and they would gather. Idk how it would work in game, let's wait. I'm sure I will give it a try. 

And back as a beginner, I often needed to craft something immediately, most of the time during combat, not only in the dark.

Just now, fimmatek said:

I personally find quite boring when I have to make 10 chests, even if all the resourses are given. So cooperating with Maxwell and/or Woodie could be interesting, she would craft and they would gather. Idk how it would work in game, let's wait. I'm sure I will give it a try. 

And back as a beginner, I often needed to craft something immediately, most of the time during combat, not only in the dark.

The time that it would take for the Maxwell and Woodie to hand over the resources, would make the half of second that she can build things quicker completely redundant. 

2 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I'll give you that.

3 hours ago, The Curator said:

Honestly it's pointless to debate with your side because you have zero foundation for anything you are supporting, you're just saying "what if" over and over again. Requires no effort or thought at all. So regardless of what is said you'll just say "what if" again because it's impossible to disprove something that doesn't exist yet you still try to use that thing that doesn't exist to prove your own side. Am done with this "debate", will be returning to the real world now with real discussions about real things.

Hrm. I don't think you understand much of what I was saying. There was not "what if" it was  "you realise you and most of this discussion don't represent everyone's opinions". And your totally right common sense is totally irrelevant and shouldn't be factored into this discussion whatsoever.

I'm not liking the "can craft for less resource". It feel like a waste if someone must build something instead, it will conflict with wickerbottom (because she can craft things earlier/without alchemy engine), and people wanting to build megabase could feel that they "have" to play her or will waste a lot of resource, and all of this will not bring a lot of fun.

I could see her having perk related to machine, maybe. Like being able to befriend clockwork machine in ruin with only one gears ? It's an end-game perk, it's fitting, and even if it's not very powerful, it's still nice to have.

1 minute ago, Lumina said:

I'm not liking the "can craft for less resource". It feel like a waste if someone must build something instead, it will conflict with wickerbottom (because she can craft things earlier/without alchemy engine), and people wanting to build megabase could feel that they "have" to play her or will waste a lot of resource, and all of this will not bring a lot of fun.

I could see her having perk related to machine, maybe. Like being able to befriend clockwork machine in ruin with only one gears ? It's an end-game perk, it's fitting, and even if it's not very powerful, it's still nice to have.

OMG BEING ABLE TO HACK CLOCKWORK MACHINES

NOW THAT'S A CHARACTER!

8 minutes ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

OMG BEING ABLE TO HACK CLOCKWORK MACHINES

NOW THAT'S A CHARACTER!

Certainly be interesting and fresh. At the same time, game breaking and op. Hey, its a cool idea. I think it can be something along the lines of being able to wire the clockworks a little differently, and they return to normal after a period of time.

3 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Also, I can see your point here, but I don't think it's that big of an issue...

That Wickerbottom perk isn't that useful in the long run and a Wickerbottom in a team will usually build an Alchemy Engine for everyone else.

As for megabase builders, well that would give them a reason to main her, which is what we want. 

Archived