Iridescent Gem Future Use?

Iridescent Gem Future Use?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Iridescent Gem will do in the future?

• Nothing/Bragging rights
    • Ties in with a future boss somehow
    • Ties in with the Ancient Gateway/Ruins
    • Used to craft future Clothes
    • Used to recraft the moon staff
    • Other/Share below what you think!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/07/17 at 04:51 AM

I'd either assume it'll be kinda a second key for the gateway to get a different result from the fuelweaver.

Maybe something like: the ancient guardian and the fualweaver are the two bosses that lead to eachother in the caves, and the moon is the opposite of something either very deep down or in another dimension considering the moon isn't necessarily a normal moon but another kind of entity. Partially because Maxwell always refers to the moon as "moon".

Also in the murals the ancient gateway is drawn with a white gem. This one was diamond shaped, but maybe the iridescent gem is just like a raw diamond before being shaped and polished.

So maybe the ancient key itself isn't everything the ancient gateway is capable of, and instead just a small glimpse of his whole potential, especially considering it's something that somehow completely wiped out the ancients. (Or at least that's something everyone speculates on.)

(Maybe you'll also be able to recraft the moon caller staff because why not.)

10 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

I'd either assume it'll be kinda a second key for the gateway to get a different result from the fuelweaver.

Maybe something like: the ancient guardian and the fualweaver are the two bosses that lead to eachother in the caves, and the moon is the opposite of something either very deep down or in another dimension considering the moon isn't necessarily a normal moon but another kind of entity. Partially because Maxwell always refers to the moon as "moon".

Also in the murals the ancient gateway is drawn with a white gem. This one was diamond shaped, but maybe the iridescent gem is just like a raw diamond before being shaped and polished.

So maybe the ancient key itself isn't everything the ancient gateway is capable of, and instead just a small glimpse of his whole potential, especially considering it's something that somehow completely wiped out the ancients. (Or at least that's something everyone speculates on.)

(Maybe you'll also be able to recraft the moon caller staff because why not.)

I had a very similar thought process actually... I never could get a great look at it but what if you could fit the gem into the ancient key? It kinda looks like it has some kind of socket. Idk. I am kinda against this since its literally impossible to find this gem on your own so I think it may tie into an optional boss.

1 minute ago, The Luck Duck said:

I had a very similar thought process actually... I never could get a great look at it but what if you could fit the gem into the ancient key? It kinda looks like it has some kind of socket. Idk. I am kinda against this since its literally impossible to find this gem on your own so I think it may tie into an optional boss.

Very good idea. Didn't even think of slotting the gem into the ancient Key. It really looks like it could fit very well.

34 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

I kinda treat it like a normal gem, perhaps it could be moreso like the other gems by having an amulet and moonrock version of it? At least that'll give it some use. v('-' )v

wow... That is a great idea. I mean it is a "gem". I guess the staff version of it is the Moon staff but maybe we can predict what it will do as an amulet

On 31.07.2017 at 11:32 PM, The Luck Duck said:

BTW if you try to put it into moon lens socket your character will say: "It's waste of power of this gem" or "This gem has another purpose"

10 hours ago, landromat said:

BTW if you try to put it into moon lens socket your character will say: "It's waste of power of this gem" or "This gem has another purpose"

Really?! Never knew that... So that basically throws the "does nothing" choice out of the water. It seems like Klei is saving the player from using wasting the gem for some future event... But as of right now the gem is so impossible to figure out how to obtain blindly that it seems like it is going to be used for a boss. Like how misery toadstool would be implausible to figure out how to summon blindly

Iridescent gem should be one-time use per user and it should boost the rarity of the item you would have gotten from a gift by one. So like, having an iridescent gem in your inventory would change your common item to a classy item and if you would have naturally gotten an elegant you will get a potato cup instead.

1 hour ago, The Luck Duck said:

Really?! Never knew that... So that basically throws the "does nothing" choice out of the water. It seems like Klei is saving the player from using wasting the gem for some future event... But as of right now the gem is so impossible to figure out how to obtain blindly that it seems like it is going to be used for a boss. Like how misery toadstool would be implausible to figure out how to summon blindly

here all quotes when they trying to put the gem:

Wilson: - This gem won't work here
Willow: - It's the wrong rock!
Wolfgang: - Little rock does not want to go there
Wendy: - I got it wrong... again...
WX: - INCORRECT MINERAL-BASED POWER SOURCE
Wikerbottom: - This gemstone's properties are incorrect for my purposes
Woody: - I don't think that one'll work here
Maxwel: - That would be an amateurish misuse of it's power
Wigfrid: - This gem was not chosen for this purpose
Webber:- We'd rather keep this one for ourselves

Archived