Dupes can sneeze and it's the cutest thing ever

I noticed they had the proximity boxes around the sneezer like they do for load sleepers. I wondered if that was a source of contagion for a time.  I suppose sneezing at night can cause them to interrupt the sleep of others. But I wonder if in the new update that'll be more dangerous.

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

You can't sneeze with your eyes open. It's to avoid potential damage to the eyes from the extreme pressure, I think.

This was tested in mythbusters and also mentioned by some doctors to be a myth, some people can keep their eyes open and with training its possible for anyone to do it, there is a film/bag/sack that covers the eye purposefully to stop it just popping out. A funny test(Warning you can rupture an artery...been there) you can do is hold your sneeze in, you build up more pressure but your eyes don't close if i remember correctly...been a while since i sneezed haha.

6 hours ago, Whispershade said:

I noticed they had the proximity boxes around the sneezer like they do for load sleepers. I wondered if that was a source of contagion for a time.  I suppose sneezing at night can cause them to interrupt the sleep of others. But I wonder if in the new update that'll be more dangerous.

I thought that the white boxes were just the sound effect to show you the distance it goes, dont loud sleepers and flatulence also get this square popping up when they do their deeds.

17 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

and with training its possible for anyone to do it

hahahahaha...

A: I'm gonna do some training!

B: Woah, what kind?

A: sneezing with eyes open.

B: Uhm.. k.

of all the training people could do, like trying to go super saiyan or to do cool stunt. i wonder if there is actually people who train and compete to sneeze without closing eyes.

Just now, Zervo said:

hahahahaha...

A: I'm gonna do some training!

B: Woah, what kind?

A: sneezing with eyes open.

of all the training people could do, like trying to go super saiyan or to do cool stunt. i wonder if there is actually people who train and compete to sneeze without closing eyes.

I've sort of tried that before and it isn't that hard but it's very pointless

44 minutes ago, Zervo said:

Two Words.... ADAM SAVAGE

and mf99k haha but yes very pointless. Funnily enough I also sneezed earlier on haha 

6 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

You can't sneeze with your eyes open. It's to avoid potential damage to the eyes from the extreme pressure, I think.

It's actually to avoid getting the stuff you're sneezing out into your eyes.

Also, if you sneeze too hard, you can break a rib. If you hold in a sneeze, you can pop an artery. Personally, if I had the choice between a broken rib, and internal bleeding, I'd rather sneeze at my options.

THANK YOU AND GOODNIGHT!!

9 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Good thing duplicants have rubbery bones!

that's good to know!

so we don't have to worry about dupe that sneeze too hard or any potential dupe that try and train their sneezing technique or any further sneezing competition in the colony

3 hours ago, BlueLance said:

I thought that the white boxes were just the sound effect to show you the distance it goes, dont loud sleepers and flatulence also get this square popping up when they do their deeds.

Yes, they're proximity boxes for the size of the disturbance. And they help you figure out how far you need to keep your loudsleepers from other beds. I imagine that sneezing can also wake up other dupes if done at night, which is why they also have the proximity boxes. When I first saw them with a sneezing dupe, I wondered if they were spreading something, and was a little worried.

17 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

Yes, they're proximity boxes for the size of the disturbance. And they help you figure out how far you need to keep your loudsleepers from other beds. I imagine that sneezing can also wake up other dupes if done at night, which is why they also have the proximity boxes. When I first saw them with a sneezing dupe, I wondered if they were spreading something, and was a little worried.

I was the same, before i knew how bad diseases were etc when i seen it i was panicking. Then I learnt that disease pretty much does nothing right now.

Archived