An odd landmark spawned in the first server I spawned in!

So this (?) just spawned in after my game updated. Puzzle stuff ahoy?

This definitely wasn't in the game before this latest patch.

(If anyone else finds something similar, post a pic here!)

x28oz5.jpg

ALSO THIS

ofom6h.jpg

Dragonfly auto spawns in this magma area that spawns in the desert. it has like 10 times the health of a regular giant, has no stomp attack, lays fire larvae at certain health %'s that burst into fire upon death, and the dragonfly itself once defeated (after like 10 years) drops some green yellow orange red blue and purple gems, aswell as its normal scales. Very odd indeed.

The prefab name of that landmark setpiece is moose_nest. Take a wild guess.

Dragonfly has 20000 health and this is his loot table: http://puu.sh/hlDNG/c683d18840.png

I think he should be a bit reworked though. Cause more health doesn't make him harder in certain conditions;

Nor does the fact that he can be stunlocked to death.

http://www.twitch.tv/flare2v/c/6572651

@Dipps, And with fewer than 4 people, he's... kind of too difficult. CB and I were able to do it with a ridiculous amount of preparation (and even then it was pretty close), but every single one of his stats has been buffed again (health to 27.5k, everything else increased/decreased a bit to be better), and the lavae are now much more of a threat (health from 100 to 500, damage from 15 to 50, drop fire on death).

@Dipps, And with fewer than 4 people, he's... kind of too difficult. CB and I were able to do it with a ridiculous amount of preparation (and even then it was pretty close), but every single one of his stats has been buffed again (health to 27.5k, everything else increased/decreased a bit to be better), and the lavae are now much more of a threat (health from 100 to 500, damage from 15 to 50, drop fire on death).

I'm sorry. I play with one other person and I must not be reading this correctly. I think there's a typo or something in your post because there is no way it's that high. 

Right?

pls

Giants' bases: Something I was planning on adding in my second mod project >_> I guess now I won't have to :razz:

Though I still think that Giants should drop more of their special loot; like Bearger should loot more Thick fur, Dragonfly should loot more Scales, Goose should loot more Down feathers... But wait... Deerclops can't loot more eyeballs logically speaking, can he...?

I'm sorry. I play with one other person and I must not be reading this correctly. I think there's a typo or something in your post because there is no way it's that high. 

Right?

pls

I think it's true, and why I like the new dragonfly I think his health should be brought down maybe just a little bit.

Giants' bases: Something I was planning on adding in my second mod project >_> I guess now I won't have to :razz:

Though I still think that Giants should drop more of their special loot; like Bearger should loot more Thick fur, Dragonfly should loot more Scales, Goose should loot more Down feathers... But wait... Deerclops can't loot more eyeballs logically speaking, can he...?

Bearger seems to drop tufts of hair over time, which you can craft into thick fur. I ain't got any more specifics other than that Dx

Yeah, I just saw them. The lavae changes are pretty nasty.

Right?

pls

I would hope he meant 2.75k.  27,000 hp at 46 damage per swing is a bit ... crazy.

Edit:  Actually, he has 2.75k normally, and it was mentioned that he now has 10x the health, so I guess that probably is accurate.

Geesh.

@leonseye,@CaptainFun, Unfortunately...

DRAGONFLY_HEALTH = 27500,	    DRAGONFLY_DAMAGE = 150,	    DRAGONFLY_ATTACK_PERIOD = 4,	    DRAGONFLY_ATTACK_RANGE = 4,	    DRAGONFLY_HIT_RANGE = 5,	    DRAGONFLY_SPEED = 5,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_ATTACK_PERIOD = 3,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_DAMAGE = 300,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_HIT_RANGE = 6,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_SPEED = 7,

Do the other giants also have special areas?

Deerclops and Beargers respective behaviors don't seem to have been altered from RoG that much. As far as I can tell those two still come around at random times to bother you. Deerclops is still set to go after structures, while the Bearger will target food. I had the Bearger show up and destroy some random beehives for their honey, and then take off (he does not get annoyed when you get close it). They don't seem to have their own set pieces though; like the Goose/Moose or the Dragonfly.

@leonseye,@CaptainFun, Unfortunately...

DRAGONFLY_HEALTH = 27500,	    DRAGONFLY_DAMAGE = 150,	    DRAGONFLY_ATTACK_PERIOD = 4,	    DRAGONFLY_ATTACK_RANGE = 4,	    DRAGONFLY_HIT_RANGE = 5,	    DRAGONFLY_SPEED = 5,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_ATTACK_PERIOD = 3,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_DAMAGE = 300,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_HIT_RANGE = 6,	    DRAGONFLY_FIRE_SPEED = 7,

Welp, that pretty much settles that, lol.  Thank you @rezecib for clarification.

Gonna be fun to find this guy, still haven't even seen the lava pools in any of the worlds I've created.  Or any of the giants yet.

While testing the new version of the Extended Map Generation mod (adds caves/ruin biomes to DST), I created a new world and I found the same landmark on day 1.

I'm not sure if it's because of the mod, but I found Deerclops near it.

iKdvU9N.png

I think the landmarks are just signs that a giant has been lurking around, but thats just me. I actually thought it was remnants of a Goose/Moose nest, because of the look-a-like twigs included. Or it could be previous spots where moosegoose plans to set up a nest. All speculations, I think the devs will reveal more soon :)

Archived