An odd landmark spawned in the first server I spawned in!

In the files, the bunch of twigs is a prefab, called "moose_nest", so I'm guessing this will be a spawn point for Goose. However, I think that nest should be only one in the world, like the Dragonfly's base and should be in Swamp.

And if the giants roam the world all year long, I think it's gonna be quite rubbish:

* For one, two giants could encounter each other, ergo saving players the time and effort of fighting them.

* They're SEASONAL giants. It could still be questionable if they're based at least on biomes, but so far only Dragonfly is. But since Dragonfly is the only one so far with major changes, I'm guessing all the other giants will be reworked later on as well.

My speculation is that Deerclops, Goose/Moose, and Bearger exhibit the same behavior as they do in single player DS, but have probably had health / damage buffed to compensate extra players.

Dragonfly seems to be more of an experiment currently on the part of Klei to see how the community reacts to bigger, badder boss fights.

It's possible that all of the RoG giants are reworked to be like this, but I do feel that kinda takes away from the "special danger" of each season.

I think that I agree that maybe a few other raid-style monsters should have been added, but let the seasonal ones maybe still follow some semblance of their past selves.

Not that I don't understand why Dragonfly was changed.  

After the backlash that caused Willow to be neutered, I don't know how well players would have handled a game mechanic that was basically Griefer Willow looking to demolish their camp every single summer.  <.<

The dragonfly seemed easy, yet hard with the changes... I don't know why, but its been in my mind about it.

I'll test out if that 'nest' is true or not (in terms of it spawning at spring at those specific spot)... unless someone already took screen shots.

btw.. what is the prefab for the magma pool found over at that set piece? (Seemed it always appears unlike pig king/other set piece's case.)

It's because of mod, guess some functions related to giant spawn area.

While testing the new version of the Extended Map Generation mod (adds caves/ruin biomes to DST), I created a new world and I found the same landmark on day 1.

I'm not sure if it's because of the mod, but I found Deerclops near it.

iKdvU9N.png

I really hate MooseGoose for being so elusive. Walk all over the map in spring, check the entire swamp, see tons of those new Moose nests, but I didn't find one single Goose. I've never even encountered the mooslings in single player ROG. I had to spawn in the weather pain and some mooslings just to finally see them.

But my next door neighbor is a fly metric ton of meat, scales, and lava.

I don't know if this is normal but have any of you seen a depressed deerclops? Unfortunately I was too busy trying to kill it for a picture but...

It had that face. That face like when a group of friends encouraged him to join this awesome party but he'd rather be at home playing video games.

You know what picture i'm referencing too.

But in all of my 500+ hours of playing, have i never seen him look so depressed before. Kinda made me feel bad killing him.

I don't know if this is normal but have any of you seen a depressed deerclops? Unfortunately I was too busy trying to kill it for a picture but...

It had that face. That face like when a group of friends encouraged him to join this awesome party but he'd rather be at home playing video games.

You know what picture i'm referencing too.

But in all of my 500+ hours of playing, have i never seen him look so depressed before. Kinda made me feel bad killing him.

You mean like this?

CuLGz3Y.png

I really hate MooseGoose for being so elusive. Walk all over the map in spring, check the entire swamp, see tons of those new Moose nests, but I didn't find one single Goose.

I take it back. It took them an extra season to get here, but when they did, there was Goose Moose families in every nest location. They arrived and left during summer, strangely.  :confused:

Archived