Hamlet too easy?

Baduin

Edit: Easy mode with spoillers!!!! Don´t read.......

Spoiler

To farm oincs -> after getting key of the city, build many magic house, farm shadows, exchange for silver oincs...

To farm food -> lure plants near tall grass, feed 3 meats, wait it kill the bugs, cook tacos....

To farm wood -> plant near hipopotamoose, let it stomp agro you to chop trees...

Kill antwoman -> one woodmail and one helmet, some healing, just hold F, easy kill

Hamlet is still in early access now, there are also some important stuff not yet implemented

if you know that the main challenging season coming this Dec 6

Spoiler

All shops are closed(you can't buy food anymore), I wonder how to farm food with complete night time

currently I don't see many food sources there are especially if you set up and stay in pig city

currently is much more like relax-and-find-bugs!

it´s not to turn it hard mode.... it is because i get nothing to do after 60 days in hamlet... you don´t even need to clear all ruins... after 60 days got enough coins to go to RoG with scale / eye / fur ...( all giants drops )...

It's currently easier than Rog/SW. Less dying from bad luck (better if this DOES happen to an extent). Also less things trying to kill you through physical force. Klei will keep refining until the game is working as intended, so Im not worried. Also people complaining that an ENDLESS SURVIVAL game is too HARD, is very telling of how that person thinks.... and what is making them fail.

1. I disagree, it's currently harder, there are LOTS of things that make you die from physical force, way more than in base game?

2. What are you talking about? A game can just be as easily broken from being too hard than too easy

3. Frankly your idea that any game that is a survival can't be too hard is ridiulous

4. Dying from bad luck is just bad design, you're supposed to be able to do ok if you learn to play right.

I think the taco meal need to be adjusted. I do agree its too easy to make for how abundant the resource is. That or lower the drop rate to a LOT less than what it is now. Its only used in 1 recipe (outside of food) i think it should be more rare.

I still don't think the game is easier than shipwreck. I regularly full clear shipwreck by the end of first year. In this game, i have yet to kill both bosses before the end of 2nd year and the worst season isnt even implemented.

13 hours ago, Yokoblue said:

I think the taco meal need to be adjusted. I do agree its too easy to make for how abundant the resource is. That or lower the drop rate to a LOT less than what it is now. Its only used in 1 recipe (outside of food) i think it should be more rare.

I still don't think the game is easier than shipwreck. I regularly full clear shipwreck by the end of first year. In this game, i have yet to kill both bosses before the end of 2nd year and the worst season isnt even implemented.

this may also be because of the seasons being much shorter

You're neglecting that farming oincs and resources takes time, has risks, and only goes so far right now. 
The tacos are meant to be amazing food as a nod to the amazing brazilian fanbase. 
If you consider using lureplants cheaty, then only farm with machete and shears instead. 
Anything can be considered an "easy kill" with armor and knowledge of their pattern. 
The game is in early access. We have yet to gain the Aporkalypse and that is only the beginning of what is planned for Hamlet. 

Instead of saying "These developers make the game too easy! They should nerf these strats I've seen used and make things harder!" - ask yourself "What challenges can I self-impose to give myself a harder experience, instead of demanding loss of access to a mechanic to the entire player base because I don't like it?" 
Try a no criminal activity run, try free-basing in non-city areas, use lesser armors and weapons during fights, play a character you have a harder time with, up the monsters in the world settings, or find a mod to make things difficult. 
And remember that the game is about having fun. 

On 11/29/2018 at 5:49 PM, ProfMembrane said:

I don't think it's too easy at all.  Frankly, I think they need to stop tuning the game to the absolute hardest cause of the 3 hardcooooore!!!!1 players who complain if this isn't dark souls.

This. It's so funny how those hardcore players are so vocal and give you false impression that they are in numbers. Seriously if you want Dark Soul experience just wait until they fix world settings and enjoy (unless they already did, I haven't tried game over a week). Default experience is rewarding and challenging enough for most players ( and even too punishing for others)

Besides what OP wrote is something player should figure out on his own. And to achieve this, they would have to go through trial and error..... or you know just spoiled the game for themselves by reading threads like this (maybe wrap in the spoilers next time around, when you are going to explicitly giveaway solutions. Not everyone wants to read it)

Also, isn't that DS in general? All previous expansion, including core would lose edge after you discover one way of playing the game. If you want additional challenge, then all you can do is take different approach.

4 minutes ago, Senteliks said:

This. It's so funny how those hardcore players are so vocal and give you false impression that they are in numbers. Seriously if you want Dark Soul experience just wait until they fix world settings and enjoy (unless they already did, I haven't tried game over a week). Default experience is rewarding and challenging enough for most players ( and even too punishing for others)

See how he kills it before day 1 night. The game needs to be harder .

39 minutes ago, ansuman said:

See how he kills it before day 1 night. The game needs to be harder .

This has nothing to do with 'too hard' or 'too easy'. Most games avoid this by unlocking content only over time, which mostly just results in stretching of content. Don't Starve gives you the option to trigger this boss already on day 1. However, as they do that, they of course also have to offer a way to actually beat that boss by day 1. Anything else would be simply unfair and not fun.

Don't Starve has always been very overwhelming for players starting out fresh, and becomes easier with every new information. This seems just completely normal for a game which relies on the player acquiring knowledge, and not some RPG grinding system.

I'm not saying that the game should not offer content for very experienced players. However, such mechanics should be avoidable, so that the game is still accessible to the majority of players (= casual gamers).

Also, there's always somebody who makes a game look incredibly easy. Following your argumentation, this would prove that  Dark Souls is too easy:

Spoiler

Just now, Lepeightl said:

This has nothing to do with 'too hard' or 'too easy'. Most games avoid this by unlocking content only over time, which mostly just results in stretching of content. Don't Starve gives you the option to trigger this boss already on day 1. However, as they do that, they of course also have to offer a way to actually beat that boss by day 1. Anything else would be simply unfair and not fun.

Don't Starve has always been very overwhelming for players starting out fresh, and becomes easier with every new information. This seems just completely normal for a game which relies on the player acquiring knowledge, and not some RPG grinding system.

I'm not saying that the game should not offer content for very experienced players. However, such mechanics should be avoidable, so that the game is still accessible to the majority of players (= casual gamers).

Also, there's always somebody who makes a game look incredibly easy. Following your argumentation, this would prove that  Dark Souls is too easy:

Hide contents

that was just sarcasm from my side.

34 minutes ago, ansuman said:

that was just sarcasm from my side.

I was at the verge between taking you seriously and looking at it at as a sarcasm,in the end I just went with you being sarcastic following my hunch. It's just very hard to take it as sarcasm in the way you put it :)

38 minutes ago, Senteliks said:

I was at the verge between taking you seriously and looking at it at as a sarcasm,in the end I just went with you being sarcastic following my hunch. It's just very hard to take it as sarcasm in the way you put it :)

Samesies!  Now that I know it's sarcasm, it's funny.  

Sry... not an active forum user ... didnt know about <spoiler>

I liked Hamlet, dont need to get mad about the post...

Just pointing something that would be good a balance...

Spoiler

make that plants less  agressive or fixed in the deep forest biome, it will make hard to them kill everything else...

farming silver oincs -> create something very cool to buy with tons of coins...

end game content -> something like the gorge, a wishing well in the surface, you give items and it will spawn an enemy..

Obs: Taco is not from Brazil

Archived