Duplicant breathing range

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

They can breathe from whatever tile their face is currently residing in ;) 

actually it's more than that

there is a 6 tile radius a dupe can breath in, even if it's whole body is submerged in an unbreathable environment as long as there is a tile of oxygen within this radius a dupe won't hold it's breath

First pic with all 6 tiles of oxygen

20181129013236_1.thumb.jpg.3222fc51a4314dd7e1c7011bd1d29c1e.jpg

Second pic with all 6 tiles of hydrogen

20181129013255_1.thumb.jpg.43ba5233449dd546c97efdd27518478e.jpg

Third pic with 1 tile of oxygen in the top right

20181129013306_1.thumb.jpg.2103397c81d36dfba081b569126a06f7.jpg

Fourth pic with 1 tile of oxygen in the bottom left

20181129013329_1.thumb.jpg.3d80a27f8750a7daf7dbfbe63909fc7b.jpg

3 hours ago, Neotuck said:

there is a 6 tile radius a dupe can breath in

I'm not sure whose definition of "radius" is more inane, Klei's rectangle circles or your rectangle area but I can at least tell that both are quite funny~

7 hours ago, Neotuck said:

there is a 6 tile radius a dupe can breath in, even if it's whole body is submerged in an unbreathable environment as long as there is a tile of oxygen within this radius a dupe won't hold it's breath

Well bugger me, I stand royally corrected :D 

I'd assumed wrongfully that the recent exhalation changes had fixed the tile they interacted with. Good work bud.

5 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

I'm not sure whose definition of "radius" is more inane, Klei's rectangle circles or your rectangle area but I can at least tell that both are quite funny~

I find it funny when people can't comprehend advanced mathematics so they make assumptions that they don't exist

to find the radius of a rectangle divide both sides by pi, then multiply both sides by 2

31 minutes ago, babba said:

"Duplicant breathing range" -> New bad dupe trait: Bad breath. Can be countered by bottling chlorine as the new item "Mouthwash".

How about a new pill added to the game made with refined carbon and pinicha peppernuts

"Pinicha Peppermint"

14 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

How about a new pill added to the game made with refined carbon and pinicha peppernuts

"Pinicha Peppermint"

Yeah, but there needs to be a blue pill and a red pill version :D

Then ONI is complete and we have integrated the Matrix into the game. Next step: Holodeck for the Trekkies.

52 minutes ago, babba said:

Yeah, but there needs to be a blue pill and a red pill version :D

Careful with the red ones or you'll end up with dupe right movement and dupes going their own way.

12 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Here's another pic with 6 tiles of hydrogen, all other tiles are oxygen

Can dupes breathe oxygen inside the gas-permeable tiles?

Does the CO2 appear where the oxygen was taken or at the dup's feet?
If a dup breaths all of the oxygen out of a corner can you get a vacuum?

How long would it take dupes to suck all the air out of a room if they only have access to the corner?

Okay the only way Corner breathing would work would involve the duplicate being partially submerged in water as a Dupe cannot be in a solid tile without entombment

that being said you can't create a vacuum because once the Dupe sucks all the air out of the corner the liquid will either rise or move over to take its place

as for how long that depends on how much oxygen is in the tile and whether or not the duplicate has divers lungs

11 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I find it funny when people can't comprehend advanced mathematics so they make assumptions that they don't exist

to find the radius of a rectangle divide both sides by pi, then multiply both sides by 2

Then you get two result values that are pretty meaningless.

Would you not want the smallest containing circle here? That one has r = 0.5 sqrt(a^2 + b^2) by Pythagoras.

But I think I did run into your broken solution as a sponsored Google hit ;)

Anyways, thanks for trying this out and sharing!

Archived