Cooking new stomach-filling food?

Hello Guys! (•ω•)

I feel like we just should have something like those things - Stews and soups and more stuff can be cooked with a huge pot.

Something that focuses on increasing energy value of food instead of quality.

It should solve early stage food shortages, however, cooking those new recipes using the big pot takes a bit longer time to cook.

1543407622633..thumb.jpg.410a8a1ae6b3efd54253ecfdf1aa68a5.jpg

Your views about this?

Please comment! (•ω•)

Hmm more cooking eh? With new interface and infinite recipe stacking, i think it's pretty good idea. Then again what if devs got something better on their minds?

Like multithreading the whole game? AW YESSS. Think about size of your base then!

I have often played with the idea for new recipes with food combinations involving mushrooms

Mushrooms + Bristle Berries = Vegan Smoothie (+2 quality) High Kcal

Mushrooms + Sleet Wheat = Fermented Brew (+3 quality) Low Kcal, applies "soul food" debuff

Mushrooms + Meat = Meat Stew (+4 quality) Very High Kcal

Mushrooms + Pincha Peppers = Fire Shroom (+1 quality) Mid Kcal, applies "spicy madness" buff (opposite of "soul food", dupes run twice as fast with teary watery eyes and swollen red lips) 

Mushrooms + Meal Lice = Moldy Worms (-3 quality) Very High Kcal, applies "loss of appetite" buff (dupes lose kcal at -50% rate for 1 cycle)

5 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

applies "loss of appetite" buff (Dupes burn kcal at -50% rate for 1 cycle)

You can literally empty a dupe's lavatory through a water sieve, compost the polluted dirt, then mush the dirt back with the water and feed it to your dupe. If you're feeling extra kind, you might get someone to fry it first.

Something tells me they've got pretty strong stomachs.

1 minute ago, JDL said:

You can literally empty a dupe's lavatory through a water sieve, compost the polluted dirt, then mush the dirt back with the water and feed it to your dupe. If you're feeling extra kind, you might get someone to fry it first.

Something tells me they've got pretty strong stomachs.

I have tried that before, unfortunately the amount of dirt/water collected in this manner from 2 bathroom uses doesn't cover the cost of 1 mush bar, so this can't be used as an infinite food loop

Hereby you a presented with the latest tech virtualizations of the Numburger idea.

Which one do you prefer, which one looks better in your opinion?

Design Idea Version A - The Tracking Numburger

image.png.2ffd656f3f80462b0fd3d987436c2b6c.png

Design Idea Version B - Num Num Burger R235 Isotope

image.png.7b8d66efa6a8c836e1facb51858a8934.png

21 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Design Idea Version C - Num Num Burger Easteregg

hb.jpg

Num Num Eifeltum Numb Burger Deluxe

image.thumb.png.073d315c4f8237df29b4e606e4d39290.png

image.png.4d5cda1189771bedc94046671c2d394b.pngFestivus for 3 - Num Num Widescreen Chef Order

New ONI Challenge: Burger Chef Alien Attack - Defend your ONI Colony !

image.png.511a1913430d6a4d0c774f8c2712a28b.png

Aaaand back on topic:

First, always love your sketches @Madbro

My opinions:

1a) Duplicant could move between operating the dial on the left, opening the dispenser on the righ, and taste testing (sipping from one of the bowls).

1b) Replace the lid with a little step ladder next to the large pot. This way the dupe can climb the little ladder and stir the soup, tasting it occasionally. I’d like to see them really get into the cooking; with microbe musher they pull a lever and stare (boring), with the grill they dance (fun).

2a) Devs may have to put some thought into how the duplicants eat the soup, as currently they eat the entire thing they are carrying. Though I wouldn’t mind seeing them consume the soup and bowl in one big gulp :D

2b) Make this building like a water cooler, that instead of having a meal at their table in the great hall, they sit at the this huge pot. There could be little tables sticking out from the left and right (think small food stall with two stools), allowing at most 2 duplicants to eat, and socialize. Once the number of servings is depleted to 0, the chef returns to make a new batch!

10 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Aaaand back on topic:

First, always love your sketches @Madbro

My opinions:

1a) Duplicant could move between operating the dial on the left, opening the dispenser on the righ, and taste testing (sipping from one of the bowls).

1b) Replace the lid with a little step ladder next to the large pot. This way the dupe can climb the little ladder and stir the soup, tasting it occasionally. I’d like to see them really get into the cooking; with microbe musher they pull a lever and stare (boring), with the grill they dance (fun).

2a) Devs may have to put some thought into how the duplicants eat the soup, as currently they eat the entire thing they are carrying. Though I wouldn’t mind seeing them consume the soup and bowl in one big gulp :D

2b) Make this building like a water cooler, that instead of having a meal at their table in the great hall, they sit at the this huge pot. There could be little tables sticking out from the left and right (think small food stall with two stools), allowing at most 2 duplicants to eat, and socialize. Once the number of servings is depleted to 0, the chef returns to make a new batch!

Thanks for your feedback dude, caz I really want the devs add soup into this thing!

At least, more stomach-filling.

Archived