Need Large Scale ways to create basic resources

Hi Devs,

Think in the QOL MK2, we need methods to do the following:

1. Need a way to renewable way to manufacture dirt in a large scale to supply to plants.

2. Need a way to make more slime! This is extremely important since it creates algae,PH2O as well as is used in fungus farms

3. Need way to make phosphorite in large scale too - for pincha plants - think its mostly redundant now that dreckos poop phosporite in a good enough quantity.

4. Need a way to kill heat. This is currently being done using slush geysers and people actively look for seeds that has a large number of such geysers. However, I don't believe this should be the case and that there should be an efficient way to do this other than the heat deletion methods in the game (i'm looking at you, water sieve)

5. Some maps doesn't have sufficient geysers. While it can be easily resolved by having more petroleum wells that indirectly give polluted water, it would be best to have a good source that gives water in a regular basis for large scale farms...

1. Why does nobody listen to my theorycrafted idea that, what if we use Fertilizer, which needs polluted water, some phosphorite and a little dirt, we take it, and then cook it. Which makes it into dirt? Using significantly less some phosphorite and water to make it into more dirt?

2. I kind of agree, but I don't know how. Maybe space-trips to space will yield more slime? Though, duskcap farms isn't really something you're supposed to bring forever into the lategame. 

3. Dreckos, one drecko poops uhh... 1 or 2 kgs of phopshorite a cycle? And one Pincha uses 1kg. Plus, there is already an absolutely mad amount of phosphor in the map already.

4. I kind of agree, but we have gotten a rather prima way to move heat thanks to Super Coolant and Thermium Aquatuners, though, deleting it isn't something we have entirely legitemately, Steam Turbines do delete heat incredibly easily.

Perhaps, by finding experimental research notes from spacefarer trips and exploring your own asteroid, you can find upgrade blueprints to make the AETN more effective, making it soak up even more heat by using more Hydrogen.

5. I think there should be some sort of 'Drill item' that you can make with spacefarer aquired stuff and Sulphur, this will create an additional oil-well whereever you want as long as it is in the bottom of the map. Giving us a new optional way to get oil.

1. As alfons mentioned, fertilizer cooking. You can also boil pwater for 1% dirt by mass IIRC.

2. Morbs and pufts. Easy to scale.

3. As mentioned, dreckos. You can feed them balm lilies, which have no requirements other than atmosphere.

4. Steam Turbine deletes absurd quantities of heat, as a counter-challenge I'd like to see you run one with 100% uptime without using a volcano or tricking it (blocked ports, one super-hot tile).

5. I've suggested an overhaul there.

4. Wheeze wort ?

I don't know if it's planned to be removed, but in live branch we can still easely duplicate these plants. And it simply delete heat.

I may have a "small" base, but everything it cooled by wheeze wort. :p

The duplication bug is far less severe since the seed is actually renewable with space missions, and they're only 12 kDTU/s (in dense hydrogen). Space-wise, AETNs and steam turbines are far more efficient for mass cooling.

If you mean removing them entirely, no. They're an intentional addition.

On 11/26/2018 at 6:14 AM, Alfons100 said:

1. Why does nobody listen to my theorycrafted idea that, what if we use Fertilizer, which needs polluted water, some phosphorite and a little dirt, we take it, and then cook it. Which makes it into dirt? Using significantly less some phosphorite and water to make it into more dirt?

On 11/26/2018 at 12:07 PM, Hexicube said:

1. As alfons mentioned, fertilizer cooking. You can also boil pwater for 1% dirt by mass IIRC.

I slap my head whenever some one suggests this idea :?

fertilizer cooking yields NEGATIVE dirt output, you lose more dirt than you make

13 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I slap my head whenever some one suggests this idea :?

fertilizer cooking yields NEGATIVE dirt output, you lose more dirt than you make

Really? 65g of dirt plus the other components, which yields 120g of Fertilizer which at a 1:1 ratio becomes dirt when heated? No? Or is it another factor I am forgetting here?

26 minutes ago, Alfons100 said:

Really? 65g of dirt plus the other components, which yields 120g of Fertilizer which at a 1:1 ratio becomes dirt when heated? No? Or is it another factor I am forgetting here?

The fertilizer become a dirt tile 

You lose 50% do the tile when you dig it 

so 65g do dirt Will become 60g do dirt

16 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

You lose 50% when you dig the tile

Maybe this is the key problem? Why ask for larger map or ways to refill resources on map, while we losing 50% of all stuff we dig on map. Maybe better suggest to cancel this mass deletion feature, and then see will it help us least longer(ofc it will). Cancel this thing and we automatically will have x2 of all solid resources.

Maybe make so the better skill of miner the higher % he can extract from the tile, up to 100% of tile's mass at highest mining profession(seasoned miner).

1 minute ago, D.L.S. said:

Maybe make so the better skill of miner the higher % he can extract from the tile, up to 100% of tile's mass at highest mining profession(seasoned miner).

that's been in the suggestion forums for months after the job update was released, we can only hope Klei will one day add it to the game

34 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

@Rebrait beat me to the answer

You lose 50% when you dig the tile

Oh crap, totally forgot about that.. 

If you use a Sweeper-dropper setup which just drops a small amount of dirt onto the ground, will it still turn into a tile when it changes state?

9 minutes ago, D.L.S. said:

From what I see, this would just encourage annoying min-maxing on rare ores. Maybe Priority had an option to only allow said tier of Miners to dig this specific tile?

Just now, Alfons100 said:

If you use a Sweeper-dropper setup which just drops a small amount of dirt onto the ground, will it still turn into a tile when it changes state?

I have tested it with 10g fertilizer and still ended up with a 10g dirt tile that became 5g dirt when mined

also breaking a tile using water pressure results in 50% loss as well 

the only "dirt cooking" method I know that yields positive is slime from a puft farm, but you need to ranch a lot of pufts to make it worthwhile 

5 minutes ago, Alfons100 said:

From what I see, this would just encourage annoying min-maxing on rare ores. Maybe Priority had an option to only allow said tier of Miners to dig this specific tile?

Maybe just checkbox "only miners" in digging tool, so only dupes with miner job will dig this tiles.

Archived