Finally killed the Ancient Fuelweaver!

After playing this game religiously since launch, I've finally seen the death of the Ancient Fuelweaver with my own eyes. Thanks to some great teamwork and preparation we managed to fell the "Final" boss in the game! None of us had done the fight before, but after some struggle we figured out the mechanics and timing while having a ton of fun doing it. This fight, and the preparation for it, is DST at its peak. I highly encourage those of you who haven't done it to give it a shot. It may take a few failures, but eventually you'll get it. If you HAVE defeated the Ancient Fuelweaver, take a couple of new players down for the fight next time you do it and show em how it's done. It's an amazing experience that the vast majority of players will never encounter, and we should do what we can to change that! Thanks again for the great game Klei, and I hope we can buy those skins soon! 

"Thanks to the efforts of the newly knighted "Dames of Hamton", our peaceful slice of the constant is safe once again. This great victory will usher in a new era of prosperity for Hamton. Songs of these heroes' deeds will be sung for generations and statues erected in their honor."

https://imgur.com/NyjNOcC

Don't Starve Together_ Console Edition_20181125002947.jpg

2 hours ago, MrHenry04 said:

Congratulations NSA! I am also eager to get him but I still need to clear the ruins first and I still have some other things to do on the surface. Do you think it is possible to fight him alone? Do you have a video of the fight?

It's definitely possible. You can look up some Fuelweaver Solo videos on YouTube. I didn't even think to take video of our fight. 

On 11/28/2018 at 8:14 PM, MrHenry04 said:

Do you think it is possible to fight him alone? Do you have a video of the fight?

I actually solo-ed him with the help of much gunpowder, and I recorded footage of the fight too! I'll see if I can pull it up?

2 hours ago, keats95 said:

I actually solo-ed him with the help of much gunpowder, and I recorded footage of the fight too! I'll see if I can pull it up?

That would be great! :)

I was also thinking of using gunpowder on him, I have loads of it. I keep moving him to a later date because I am too lazy to start clearing the ruins and I do not want to kill him before that.

On 20.12.2018 at 7:20 PM, diego_arabian said:

i tried many ways to kill him without cheating but it seems impossible for me even though with experienced friends we failed for so many times and we quit fighting him. 

Key to soloing him is in bodyblocking with rock lobsters. Takes plenty hours of practice though. Probably aint possible for console players?

Or fight him with those tornado staves, yeah. Though it requires waiting til spring.

well done bruh, i've tried a bunch of times in the past w a friend and once with 2 friends and failed and gave up, feels much harder to manage inventory on ps than pc, where i managed to do it with another guy, tho still can't manage do solo him. Hard ass-boss, items are dope tho :D i love that bone-armor for fighting klaus

Archived