About the forge cheaters

BigBearger

GMT about 1:30a.m. 18th Nov.,my friend told me a network anchor confessed he cheated in the Forge.

I was amazed,'cause I knew the existence of macros which can make hit&run fast(not attack fast tween two aims)without any operation.

In fact,I knew the operation of quick atk tween two aims last year,I've thought the of script would come one day,but I was shocked when I knew the details.

A few minutes after I watched the operation of the anchor,I thought he's a noob. All members of his room passed the game with a lot of damage made by the script,it'can't be made by a normal man,even fast acting teens.

It's worse that they are proud in third on the ranking top team with their mean cheating skills.

I recorded one part of their process and went undercover for one copy of proof.

Here the record link: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583

and the undercover part: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583/?p=2

I will translate and make subtitle if it's necessary.

I don't think it's fair for someone want to get the top rank,isn't it

@JoeW @nome

111.png

222.png

333.gif

777.gif

888.gif

1 hour ago, BigBearger said:

GMT about 1:30a.m. 18th Nov.,my friend told me a network anchor confessed he cheated in the Forge.

what

1 hour ago, BigBearger said:

what is this website

why does it store videos in a flv container and why is the file size at 327 megabytes

image.png.815af4c4819e597668378025e95191c5.png

why did i download this

image.thumb.png.b35c74a9a1835910974110e4f67c69ea.png

i'm scared

edit: i couldn't use firefox to load the website, but chromium worked fine

looks like you can view the videos without downloading the entire 327 mb

image.png.da6af9d95a7d5da63927443f9f74e366.png

4 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

what

what is this website

Chinese streaming site with annoyingly low-contrast layout.  Seriously, there's a reason cartoons have outlines, people.  It's easier on the eyes.

...huh, what?  Looks like there's more outlines and grey tones on the site now, rather than the "polar bear in a blizzard photographing pearls in milk juxtaposed with a photo-negative of a goth club during a power failure" aesthetic it had last year.  That's an improvement.  I figure an over-the-top description like that's gotta be the minespatch equivalent of saying Beetlejuice three times.

• Developer

Don't be so naive as to think that the script/mod on the workshop is the only script that exists.
if you really think that the top teams didn't already have access to scripts, that's really stupid
I know of atleast 10 people(me included) that already have access to similar scripts. the only thing that changed when that mod on the workshop got released is that common people also got access to said scripts now.

i would love some sort of "anti cheat script" implanted all you'd need to do is clear the current leader board and install a dps tracker that would monitor the dps or weapons normal attacks (not specials for that would confuse it) if the program detects a unreachable dps that you cant get in vanilla it invalidates the match form leader boards (and mayhaps exp too) so only clean non-hacked matches can be allowed to pass!

also maybe look into the gorge matches i felt look some where a little TOO good to be true

seriously im real butt hurt about that tournament i kinda want a forge tournament to redeem myself but i feel like ill just feel more sucky

2 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i would love some sort of "anti cheat script" implanted all you'd need to do is clear the current leader board and install a dps tracker that would monitor the dps or weapons normal attacks (not specials for that would confuse it) if the program detects a unreachable dps that you cant get in vanilla it invalidates the match form leader boards (and mayhaps exp too) so only clean non-hacked matches can be allowed to pass!

also maybe look into the gorge matches i

When you use fireballstaff's AOE skill, there could be 3000+ DPS, how you distinguish?

Just now, GCC.1st said:

OK, then Maxwell's passive ability (instantaneous 150 damage) and Wathgrithr's passive ability?

i ment just attacks like the basic shooting specials like the shodows or webber spiders wont be counted for those are non client side

and of course the damage up armor will change the threshold for being disqualified and will revert when removed

also who is Wathgrithr?

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i would love some sort of "anti cheat script" implanted all you'd need to do is clear the current leader board and install a dps tracker [...]

Honestly, I think it would make more sense to use the time and resources to improve the gameplay (whether survival, events or both) instead of implementing an anti-cheat measurement. Klei is just an indie dev team with limited capabilities, and a proper anti-cheat method would require a lot of work. And I bet that even if Klei did such a thing, there would be methods to avoid them with some sort of scripts. 

While I agree it would be nice to have a tournament and to compete with other teams, the Forge (and DST in general) is just not suitable enough for that, or making them suitable would require a lot of changes and work.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Honestly, I think it would make more sense to use the time and resources to improve the gameplay (whether survival, events or both) instead of implementing an anti-cheat measurement. Klei is just an indie dev team with limited capabilities, and a proper anti-cheat method would require a lot of work. And I bet that even if Klei did such a thing, there would be methods to avoid them with some sort of scripts. 

While I agree it would be nice to have a tournament and to compete with other teams, the Forge (and DST in general) is just not suitable enough for that, or making them suitable would require a lot of changes and work.

what about counting amount of attacks or am i just having wishful thinking?

Now animation cancelling is complicated for manual players because Klei sets the minimum of attack delay to a higher level but still faster than pressing F. So mods/scripts have more advantages over manual playing.

32 minutes ago, gznc said:

Now animation cancelling is complicated for manual players because Klei sets the minimum of attack delay to a higher level but still faster than pressing F. So mods/scripts have more advantages over manual playing.

that shouldn't be the case

all people should be able to attack at the same rate

Archived