Story: the single worst player I've ever seen

Raspberry Shake

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent pub that's not full down here? Answer: really hard. Let me tell you the story of a player so bad, so uncoordinated, instinctual, frustrating, and so incredibly bad at teamwork that it actively made me ragequit. After about 10 mins of searching, I had found a server with only 5 players and not too bad ping. The character's where this: Wicker for healing (lvl 8), WX for tank (about lvl 4), Wes for running (lvl 8), Wigfrid, whom I convinced to switch to Woodie for..... I have no idea honestly (lvl 1), me, Wilson for rev and dart DPS, and our problem player, Wigfrid (lvl 1). The issues started as soon as the running hat dropped. You know those people who see something drop and immediately pick it up? That's our Wigfrid everybody. Now, this is quite obviously a newbie mistake, and as I do not expect great quality of play from a lobby where I'm the only person above lvl 10, I calmly asked them to drop the hat and give it to Wes. Then they died because they hit all the monsters in the healing circle. When they got back up, me and Wes asked her for the hat. That was the next 5 mins of my life. I am willing to pardon a new player picking up the shiny thing on the floor, bug I am NOT, for any reason, willing to forgive somebody flat out ignoring the entire chat telling them to drop something because somebody else needs it. I tried to give them my DPS armour, but they wouldn't accept. So. Wigfrid was out runner now. Well, no, because it had always been her lifelong dream to run a dart DPS-mage-tank build. You see, I dropped my darts to pick up those fire-crystal things. That was my first mistake. My second was offering the DPS hat to her a second time, which she accepted, and my third was not telling Wicker when the silk armour dropped, because she picked that up too, along with my darts. This mean't that for our squishy team, we had one tank, who, also, was not very good (I could go on an entire another rant about him, but it was newbie mistakes, not complete and utter incompetence, and Woodie was also running for some reason). At this point it became clear I had to do something to save this shamble of a team. So...... may I introduce you all to the lowest point in my entire life.

image.png.81c985aa602ce77379957592e15d9993.png

I tanked. As Wilson.

This wen't on for a while yet, with even more simply terrible behaviour from Wigfrid which I can't bother to write down (mainly hitting whatever was closest, even if frozen of sleeping, and refusing to focus), until the WX picked up the healing granted hat and decided that I had I had enough, and left.

12 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent pub that's not full down here? Answer: really hard. Let me tell you the story of a player so bad, so uncoordinated, instinctual, frustrating, and so incredibly bad at teamwork that it actively made me ragequit. After about 10 mins of searching, I had found a server with only 5 players and not too bad ping. The character's where this: Wicker for healing (lvl 8), WX for tank (about lvl 4), Wes for running (lvl 8), Wigfrid, whom I convinced to switch to Woodie for..... I have no idea honestly (lvl 1), me, Wilson for rev and dart DPS, and our problem player, Wigfrid (lvl 1). The issues started as soon as the running hat dropped. You know those people who see something drop and immediately pick it up? That's our Wigfrid everybody. Now, this is quite obviously a newbie mistake, and as I do not expect great quality of play from a lobby where I'm the only person above lvl 10, I calmly asked them to drop the hat and give it to Wes. Then they died because they hit all the monsters in the healing circle. When they got back up, me and Wes asked her for the hat. That was the next 5 mins of my life. I am willing to pardon a new player picking up the shiny thing on the floor, bug I am NOT, for any reason, willing to forgive somebody flat out ignoring the entire chat telling them to drop something because somebody else needs it. I tried to give them my DPS armour, but they wouldn't accept. So. Wigfrid was out runner now. Well, no, because it had always been her lifelong dream to run a dart DPS-mage-tank build. You see, I dropped my darts to pick up those fire-crystal things. That was my first mistake. My second was offering the DPS hat to her a second time, which she accepted, and my third was not telling Wicker when the silk armour dropped, because she picked that up too, along with my darts. This mean't that for our squishy team, we had one tank, who, also, was not very good (I could go on an entire another rant about him, but it was newbie mistakes, not complete and utter incompetence, and Woodie was also running for some reason). At this point it became clear I had to do something to save this shamble of a team. So...... may I introduce you all to the lowest point in my entire life.

image.png.81c985aa602ce77379957592e15d9993.png

I tanked. As Wilson.

This wen't on for a while yet, with even more simply terrible behaviour from Wigfrid which I can't bother to write down (mainly hitting whatever was closest, even if frozen of sleeping, and refusing to focus), until the WX picked up the healing granted hat and decided that I had I had enough, and left.

Sorry but the way you telling this is funny, Hope I would never come across such terrible players but yes I did......

my solution for good or at least decent pub players... host a server, introduce a level requirement, write pass in description, done!

it's a fact most low levels and trolls don't read and are lazy as hell xD

The chance of finding trolls in a passworded game is considerably less.

Is it possible the Wigfrid player didn’t speak English? Regardless, like Freya said, if you are looking to win a Forge game with pubbies filter your games by password protected and look for servers with the password in the description. It’s a strategy that worked nicely last Forge season as well.

Well, it's still better than i saw 20+ lvl teams that all died on pigs.... Password matches with level requirment also do it's job, at least u make sure they can read and that "quick match" trolls won't join cuz of password, trust me when i started the mode for first time i also didn't knew what im doing tho i didn't picked any items to leave it as a help to more experienced ones, now im lvl 50+ and i can say there are lots 30+ players that still doesn't know what they are doing, don't put ur expectetions too high. ur team was just a typhical new players team, don't expect to win before u are like 20 lvl urself unless u get a team that carry u.

56 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

to be fair.. you cannot expect perfection from a lv 10 team... specially considering that u have old and new forge players together

Seems like it becomes a very huge problem for this year because last year Forge players mostly waiting for new content at somewhere around 30+lvl or even less snarling with this year newbies. Moreover, it totally depends on the player him/herself. I have a teammate, who just started, has 20lvl and much with every character, correctly picking up his equipment. With another example of 32+lvl, who still gather every item just for fun (he always plays Willow and still don't know what he needs for that character). 

I wish there has been a better system to discriminate between last year players, who just bored of the same content, and dumpy newbies, who don't even try to be useful even after hundreds of guides, streams and videos and more than a week of the Forge event. 

Or maybe not even bored, just busy.  Last year there was a faculty strike, I'd missed course registration deadlines anyway, and I was working for a placement agency with scarcely any shifts available.  Hence level 116.  Not so this year.

Yesterday we had a level 1 jump in on a 20+ server and expect us to teach them everything, and I mean everything.  So when you talk of newbies lacking the courtesy to view any of the hundreds of guides, streams, and videos... yeah, that resonates, man.  I'd be more open-minded if they'd at least do the required readings.  Is watching video games on twitch really that painful?

4 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Yesterday we had a level 1 jump in on a 20+ server and expect us to teach them everything, and I mean everything.  So when you talk of newbies lacking the courtesy to view any of the hundreds of guides, streams, and videos... yeah, that resonates, man.  I'd be more open-minded if they'd at least do the required readings.  Is watching video games on twitch really that painful?

With static enemies and static armor and weapons, figuring out things through actually playing is the only thing that interests me about the event. Having reached level 40, it’s becoming difficult to motivate myself to play.

Ah tank Wilson memories... That happens more then you would think. Be it your original tank quits, you're fighting boarrior and a bunch of terribad things happen (I actually had to emergency WilTank boarrior last year and we ended up winning actually) OR you just get your situation... reminds me of almost if not equally as disgusting player I met... well I suppose that's another story for another thread though... 

Archived