PSA: Kill each and every Pog you find

Wait WHAT?!!  I haven't even _had_ a chest or fridge yet (why?  can't find a single gold piece) and they.  Can get.  Inside.  EVERYTHING?!!  What the!  Aside from the freaking _Bearger_ I can't think of any other mob that can get inside chests and even iceboxes.  I already thought it was kinda annoying that they were _that_ ravenous and omnivorous, but FRIDGES?!!

NERF!  THIS!  NOW!  Hamlet already has scarcer resources that are ALSO harder to get than in any other expansion pack, including wants-you-dead Shipwrecked.  How the beep are we supposed to get ANYwhere or do ANYthing if _extremely common mobs_ can freaking OPEN YOUR DAMN FRIDGE?

(for all of you complaining that Hamlet is "too easy"?  I hate you.  I hate you all.  I can't even get a damn science machine.  :( I spent money on this when I shouldn't have, I at least want to be able to ENJOY it a little!)

...Notorious

31 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Wait WHAT?!!  I haven't even _had_ a chest or fridge yet (why?  can't find a single gold piece) and they.  Can get.  Inside.  EVERYTHING?!!  What the!  Aside from the freaking _Bearger_ I can't think of any other mob that can get inside chests and even iceboxes.  I already thought it was kinda annoying that they were _that_ ravenous and omnivorous, but FRIDGES?!!

NERF!  THIS!  NOW!  Hamlet already has scarcer resources that are ALSO harder to get than in any other expansion pack, including wants-you-dead Shipwrecked.  How the beep are we supposed to get ANYwhere or do ANYthing if _extremely common mobs_ can freaking OPEN YOUR DAMN FRIDGE?

(for all of you complaining that Hamlet is "too easy"?  I hate you.  I hate you all.  I can't even get a damn science machine.  :( I spent money on this when I shouldn't have, I at least want to be able to ENJOY it a little!)

...Notorious

I don't know whether pogs can get in the house or not, but they certainly rummage through containers outside.  I think if you make a cork barrel, they can't get in, but that is only 4 slots.  

If you don't want a hint to get gold, don't open the spoiler below.  

Spoiler

Go into the cave clefts.  Mining in there will get you gold nuggets.  If you mine the support beams, you may have problems.  

Cheers!  

Yeah...I've heard something like that before, but I'm afraid to go in there without any armour.  The word "cave" is in there.  Caves are dangerous in DS.  And you can't even make a freaking grass suit!  I know the grass suit doesn't do much? but I'd FEEL better if I could wear something.  : P  (I totally suck at the caves...)

...Notorious

23 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Yeah...I've heard something like that before, but I'm afraid to go in there without any armour.  The word "cave" is in there.  Caves are dangerous in DS.  And you can't even make a freaking grass suit!  I know the grass suit doesn't do much? but I'd FEEL better if I could wear something.  : P  (I totally suck at the caves...)

...Notorious

someday, you are just going to have to try... /evil laugh/

36 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Not without armour... :(

Seriously I am SO BAD at the combat/kiting part of this game.  So, yeah...

More gold spoilers below:

Get a ball-pein hammer and find pig statues. Chisel - free 2 gold.

Also, caves aren't at all bad. Many rooms pose no danger at all.

The game is frankly easier when you adventure.

Pogs won't enter your house spontaniously. It's highely likely they will get in when befriended though, since they go into dungeons and stuff. I'm always killing off my hired guard so he won't pick up money laying on the floor at my house.

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...Notorious

The small cave clefts in Hamlet are quite safe

Normally I do, I mean, at least a little, but...I think the combination of "Warning:  Do not play this unless you're already good at Don't Starve" (WHAT? I thought this was gonna involve shops and stuff?) + the just...CONFUSION EVERYWHERE OMG of the first few screens I saw, + the way I got poisoned so quickly and zapped by lightning like 4 times just walking across a lawn, kinda spooked me.  Or something.  I mean, I swear, I'm good at Reign of Giants, I even PREFER the world with four proper seasons even when they _are_ annoying...I've lived an entire year as a wandering nomad, multiple times!

But maaan...Hamlet just hits that "This is for players who are better than you" vibe for me hard.  It feels like Shipwrecked (which I suck at) mixed with Adventure Mode (which I suck at) + short seasons and apparently the bad ones are even WORSE than hurricanes and volcanoes?  God damn!

I just know that I am NOT gonna be ready for hay fever season once it kicks in.  Then again, I was never ready for hurricane season in Shipwrecked.  Spent so much time getting stuff for a chiminea to keep my fire safe from wind and rain...I forgot to get protective items for ME and went insane from the rain.  And Charlie doesn't care WHAT your fire is in!  : P  (And the terrorbeaks kinda killed me.)

Oh and then there's the time I was okay sanity-wise but didn't have enough gold to make a lightning rod in time.  At least I got to see a palmguard get very rudely awakened and then do the "I'm-on-fire" Charleston.  XD

Apparently I can handle juuuust the amount of stuff that's in the earlier expansions, but the second you add ONE OTHER PROBLEM like wind, poison, or sickness...

...Notorious

Archived