What conditions spawn the Roc?

13 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Please tell. Maybe we can detective Holmes our way to the anwser before some data miner comes in and spoils the entire dlc.

What season/day were you on? Have you found it's Island? Did you defeat both Pugalisk and Quenn Womant?

I hadn’t fought either of those bosses yet and it was during the first lush season. I went into my house and when I came out it was just standing there, having crushed a cork barrel full of coins (pigs, who seemed unfazed by it, grabbed them). My health was low and gas mask about to break, so I went back in. By the time I came out again, it was gone.

25 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

As far as I can tell it's just time-based. Like 10-20~ days and it checks every 4 days or something like that.

EDIT: So 14-24 days for starters.

Hmm.

So it seems that it's either bugged or on more complicated rng cuz I was on day 30+ and didn't meet it.

Unfortunatelly I SPOILED myself cuz I found a video on yt where it shows that it doesn't kill you but rather take you to it's Island.

Deleted my previous post so I could make a better one:

The timer starts by checking every 4 days, so on day 4 it'll determine when the Roc will spawn.

It'll chose a number between 10-20 and then spawn the Roc during the first half of the day. So for the first set anywhere between day 14- 24 the Roc will spawn. Once the Roc has been spawned it will determine another 10-20 interval for it to spawn. 

Just now, Szczuku said:

So it seems that it's either bugged or on more complicated rng cuz I was on day 30+ and didn't meet it.

The Roc might have spawned but you were indoors at the time and it left. There are plenty of reasons for not encountering it. 

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Deleted my previous post so I could make a better one:

The timer starts by checking every 4 days, so on day 4 it'll determine when the Roc will spawn.

It'll chose a number between 10-20 and then spawn the Roc during the first half of the day. So for the first set anywhere between day 14- 24 the Roc will spawn. Once the Roc has been spawned it will determine another 10-20 interval for it to spawn. 

The Roc might have spawned but you were indoors at the time and it left. There are plenty of reasons for not encountering it. 

Well maybe but I think I'd hear it outside. Unless house walls can just nullify giant bird screeches

5 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Well maybe but I think I'd hear it outside. Unless house walls can just nullify giant bird screeches

Ok so, it looks like the code does set a 10-20 day window, but it's only counting down when it's ALLOWED to spawn. Meaning it's ticking down much slower than it looks. Unsure if it's a bug, but it does seem odd.

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Ok so, it looks like the code does set a 10-20 day window, but it's only counting down when it's ALLOWED to spawn. Meaning it's ticking down much slower than it looks. Unsure if it's a bug, but it does seem odd.

Ok so basically the less time you spend in houses, caves and ruins the faster you'll meet Roc

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

Ok so basically the less time you spend in houses, caves and ruins the faster you'll meet Roc

Nah, not even that, as far as I understand it's only allowed to spawn during the first chunk of the day. So the timer's only counting down in the first chunk of the day. Meaning 10-20 days ends up like double or triple that.

Just now, Parusoid said:

What do you mean?

Basically as far as I'm understanding it, if, for example, a day is 10 seconds, but the chunk it's allowed to spawn in is 4 seconds. It's only counting down in that 4 seconds.

So if it spawns in 1 day (10 seconds) it actually turns into 3 days (4 seconds + 4 seconds + 2 seconds). Since the timer isn't counting down during the other 6 seconds of the day.

Does that make any sense?

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Basically as far as I'm understanding it, if, for example, a day is 10 seconds, but the chunk it's allowed to spawn in is 4 seconds. It's only counting down in that 4 seconds.

So if it spawns in 1 day (10 seconds) it actually turns into 3 days (4 seconds + 4 seconds + 2 seconds). Since the timer isn't counting down during the other 6 seconds of the day.

Does that make any sense?

Nope it doesnt, day is 480 second and the one chunk is 30, so one day 'would be' 16 days. And if minimum time for him before spawn is 10 days that would mean he wont appear until day 160 which is not true. Maybe you read the lua wrong

1 hour ago, Parusoid said:

Nope it doesnt, day is 480 second and the one chunk is 30, so one day 'would be' 16 days. And if minimum time for him before spawn is 10 days that would mean he wont appear until day 160 which is not true. Maybe you read the lua wrong

It's not one literal chunk, that was for the example. Roc can only spawn in the day. That's the "chunk".

30 minutes ago, Thieverpedia said:

Fyi, this damn thing probably has Bigfoot strength landing. Full health, full durability football helmet, and it crushed me to death instantly upon landing.

As I said it deals 4000 damage on landing so you need double armours for at least 96% (log suit + football helm) or mostly 99% (tin helm + tin armour) GDR.

Archived