How do you deal with electrolyzer heat?

4 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

The difference is huge, and as someone who does actually give a crap about the community of this game - i'd rather we be a collective of helpful/encouraging folks, rather than a gaggle of elitist, egotistical, build slamming, e-peen waggling assclowns.

The irony of this statement is bewildering.  You claim to *actually* care, in order to declare that nobody else does.  Then in the same breath, you resort to tearing everyone else down, demonstrating that in fact you couldn't care less about this community or the game, just your own ego.  More over, you don't post on this forum even half as much as some of the others who have shown in this thread, but every time you do it's always in a snarky and condescending manner.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, exactly.  But statements like this one make you look like a raging hypocrite.

On 03/11/2018 at 12:08 PM, anosu said:

How do you deal with electrolyzer heat?

Don't deal with it.
There are other sources of heat that you should deal too.

Initially some whezeworths should be fine.

Later, what i do is to create a "cool delivery system"  - it's very simply: I create a loop of pipes, with one part inside the base and the other part in a cool environment. 
Inside the base i use radiant pipes inside titles (to increase the thermal mass), tempshift plates will help too. The idea is to cool the "floor" or "ceiling", and all gases that pass through it.

The outsite part of the system can be as simple as some radiant pipes submerged into cool water ( if you have a cool slush geyser, the cool water can be used), or, in middle game, an aquaturner in space environment, venting steam to space to delete heat.

You dont need ultra complicated cooling system to cool living areas. 

Just make sure that heat intensive machines are not installed inside the base and heat wont be a problem.

7 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

In every one of my "youtubey-guide-build-info" vid things, I always say "hope this helps, go and improve/tweak/tinker and any questions just shout". What I don't say is "This is how YOU should do it."

The difference is huge, and as someone who does actually give a crap about the community of this game - i'd rather we be a collective of helpful/encouraging folks, rather than a gaggle of elitist, egotistical, build slamming, e-peen waggling assclowns.

I think you are creating a distinction where none exists in order to feel superior.  When someone says "this is how you should do it", nobody hears that and says "yes sir" and starts blindly following orders.  They take it as advice, try to learn from it, adapt it, and improve on it.

6 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

The irony of this statement is bewildering.  You claim to *actually* care, in order to declare that nobody else does.  Then in the same breath, you resort to tearing everyone else down, demonstrating that in fact you couldn't care less about this community or the game, just your own ego.  More over, you don't post on this forum even half as much as some of the others who have shown in this thread, but every time you do it's always in a snarky and condescending manner.

I'm not sure what you're looking for here, exactly.  But statements like this one make you look like a raging hypocrite.

The game community extends beyond these forums Raptor, don't be so blinkered. The fact that you associate post count to merit - Isn't that the very definition of e-peen waggling? I've had my mind absolutely blown repeatedly on these forums by people who have just either joined, or have only a handful of posts - who've then gone ahead and completely changed my thinking towards certain builds with their knowledge. Happens quite often actually. 

The fact that you've attacked me (yet again) and then undermined your own sentiments should probably indicate you're a part of the problem. I'm allowed to have an opinion, and i'm allowed to explain my reasoning - which I've done. If you want to get personal, join a stream - at least then I can use my full vernacular there to tell you *exactly* what you are.

3 hours ago, psusi said:

I think you are creating a distinction where none exists in order to feel superior.  When someone says "this is how you should do it", nobody hears that and says "yes sir" and starts blindly following orders.  They take it as advice, try to learn from it, adapt it, and improve on it.

Really? One of the main types of post we see daily is "Hey guys, my <insert build name> isn't working, please tell me why?" and without doubt it's normally a completely dysfunctional base with a spom slapped in the middle, and every bit of piping pointing in conflicting directions. They hadn't a clue what they were doing - just copy/pasted into their base. I'm not saying this is EVERY player, i'm saying its a lot of new players. If you spend any time on the forums then you surely can't dispute that.

Listen, I genuinely don't care if any of you are hurt or feel you need to be the white knight of hope and virtue for the honour of the forums. This is my opinion, and it's an opinion based on numerous instances of what i'm stating. if you don't like it - show me i'm wrong, don't attack me with your pitchforks and lanterns for highlighting a problem with the masses :D 

Archived