[Game Update] - 290705

Jason

9 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

kinda, because they are so annoying to kite when there's more than two, and there's so many in city, and fire was the only solution I had to stop them from grouping.
and now its pretty hard to get log suits as drop from them.

But you're not really supposed to kill them THAT easily. Yeah they're pigs, easy to kite, but these aint normal ones, they should be more clever and more dangerous IF you thought about attacking. Not a target you should go for unless fully prepared. People are making these pigs the prime of getting weapons and armor with ease in the first 5 min. Im glad its changing

Edited by bugsmand
  • Like 8

38 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

But you're not really supposed to kill them THAT easily. Yeah they're pigs, easy to kite, but these aint normal ones, they should be more clever and more dangerous IF you thought about attacking. Not a target you should go for unless fully prepared.

they are kinda impossible to kill with fire now :(

it took me almost half a day killing one with torch, and It didn't even drop log suit

Ohhh boooo hooo you can't kill them easily now.

Oh please, just fight 1 of them. If you end up being chased by 4 guards then that's on you. 

I didn't even think about killing them with a help of torch. I simply killed 1st guard with a machette and then fought everything else with his weapon. That's probably the reason Klei made them stronger, becasue for the main problem with pig city they were pretty easy to kill

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Pig guards more resilient

Thank you for this, it never made sense to me how easy it was the kill the guards and that the rewards for doing so were so great. I mean seriously, armor, weapon, torch, and food all in a couple minutes? 

• Like 1

its not that i think its annoying they made them harder to kill, they where way too easy to kill (they didnt get much harder anyway), but i really enjoyed burning them, but now it take too long time.
anyway, its good thing they made them harder to fight, i just dont like that you cant burn them.

question: does halberd have slightly longer range?
it feel like they have slightly bigger range, but im probably wrong

Edited by metallichydra

2 hours ago, RazingHel said:

Thank you for this, it never made sense to me how easy it was the kill the guards and that the rewards for doing so were so great. I mean seriously, armor, weapon, torch, and food all in a couple minutes? 

it was kinda way too easy to get log suits, i played as wx, and the town slowly filled up with halberds and suits.

5 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

That's because killing ANYTHING with a torch is ineffective as heck.

I don't think so. Burning damage caused by attacking with a torch can penetrate protection provided by armour (I think pig guards have armour so protection also) and deals automatically.

Hope you could remember that when DST was in early open beta, PvP players use torches instead of spears for dealing effective damage and easy crafting (Or just pick Willow). That's why it got nerfed and now you can't kill a bird with a fire dart in DST.

Edited by Zinglon

2 minutes ago, Zinglon said:

I don't think so. Fire damage caused by attacking with a torch can penetrate the protection and deals automatically.

Hope you could remember that when DST was in early open beta, PvP players use torches instead of spears for dealing effective damage and easy crafting (Or just pick Willow). That's why it got nerfed and now you can't kill a bird with a fire dart in DST.

I wasn't around for the early open beta. :wilson_cry:

The only DST beta I was around for was the A New Reign beta.