Please implement 10KG high pressure gaspipes

As also requested by other forum users in the past, please provide high-pressure gas pipes (10KG or so). Saves power players to lay down 5-30 pipes running in parallel, dragging down players cpu`s and consuming large map space. Thank you.100KG water pipes would also be handy :p

image.thumb.png.c516451cf9148f4b4d22401948edb4e7.pngimage.thumb.png.b1ea2fc622efed3d25b7840eed60fdea.png

My new Hydrogen Left-Turn-Crossing. If Gaspipes would allow 10KG then I would only need one pipe, it really would be enough for me then. The whole pipe stuff is to feed 200x exosuit docks, fast oxygen recharging.

image.thumb.png.f5da00fea6f3d9b763df65c8267f56e8.pngimage.thumb.png.1ba6bef013ae359193e5d9d7b3840540.pngimage.thumb.png.827ae96cef068afd4a30e0dca0fd8f76.png

10 KG gas pipes must be really expensive, to make sense / add to gameplay well. 25x material of standard pipe per segment, but in survival its not really a thing, more sandbox related, or not?
Edit: mh and howto connect those 10kg  pipes, some sort of adapter between different pipes would be needed too, some sort of high pressure valve with integrated pump, needs 2000w, produces 30 Units heat, is some tiles big, to support all connections with seperate automation..
When you use corridors for gas transport with pumps and high pressure vents and tubes for dupe crossings, could work too ^^

In my actual gameplay (survival)  i use petrol only and first time i had to construct an additional supply pipe. In that case a bigger pipe would be nice, but it would change my "buildstyle" and when the input of one line fails, everything what is connected to it does fail.
When my frozen CO² would taw, base would fail quick.
I freeze any excess water / gas and store it (hording), but i play on much smaller scale.
When i see your loooong pipe routes, why not creating buffer rooms (for gas they work well) and route the gas from there, then you can make room for a pipe crossing?
The supply for the exos for example, why transporting all the O² from so far away, when around exos is O²and pumps could be installed there?
When you run 200 dupes only 50 would need exos, rest must be farming ranching / supply.
Access to exos could be controlled by door access, to spread the exo usage of specific unused exos, but to setup door access with 200 dupes must be a pain ^^

Hey Oozinator - Yeah, I like your requirements for the high-pressure pipes and connectors. It's absolutely fine and good to have additional demands and high-tech material requirements for super duper tech. From my point of view, playing ONI the Factorio style, a built buffer/storage room ( Water,Hydrogen,Oil,Petroleum ) practically is often the size of 1 or 2 screens. The tanks are a great addition, typically I will use 20-40 tanks on a map. That's playing on the regular size map or playing with a 4 times larger map ( how the map size was when the game was available ).

Recently I did an extreme test, generating a map of the size X: 512 Y: 8192

The map generation with an i7 7700k @5.4 GHz took around 10 minutes. It was nice to see that the game runs stable at 2 FPS :D seing 3 dupes in a tiny area. So this size map would run really well with CPU`s in 10 to 15 years. Impossible to play on that size now.

Ive now started to play on X: 512 Y: 2048 which is already demanding as the game starts with an initial 10-15 FPS and it only works by effenciently blocking out large map sections with Neutronium. The reason I now started playing on this size is that it feels much more for me like an industrial game in that way, allowing to manufacture and distribute stuff over large map distances, while painting lots of Neutronium to keep the FPS up. IMHO It would be great if players could manufacture Neutronium, lets say with a machine which needs 100KW to run. However, if there would be 10kg gas pipes and 100kg water pipes this will also create mega joy for power players, playing on the default map size or 4 times larger.

A lot of these ideas, ( also being able to spawn lots of volcanoes, geysers, oil supply etc. at map generation and having the option to do Interstellar Resource Trading in the game & the option to build AETN`s ) would benefit "Normal" players which have high ambitions or an industrial playstyle tendency. I would so love to have these things in the game without ever playing in debug again.

Having fire/combustion/explosions/chemical reactions, radioactive radiation, the doctor & firefighter jobs would be all Im asking for on top. Hihi.

Happy ONI everyone :)

@babba

Not that I don't think your idea isn't a nice idea, however..!  With a base as large as what you're doing, I'd imagine you have quite alot of spare power going around.  So, instead of using gas pipes to transport oxygen around the place.. have you tried the idea of producing industrial amounts of LOX and use that for oxygen delivery in liquid pipes?  :D  That would certainly require quite a lot of constant cooling/heating though.  But, now that aquatuners can be cooled with turbines.. at least there's a limitless heatdump you can use for that.

Obviously, disregard this if you've already tried it, ha!

I'll rez my idea here:

High-throughput parts should not interact with low throughput ones except for special join parts. This should include electric wires - there is never a reason to connect 20kW wires to the 2kW ones.

This has a big advantage of not requiring tons of bridge spaghetti.

2 hours ago, Coolthulhu said:

I'll rez my idea here:

High-throughput parts should not interact with low throughput ones except for special join parts. This should include electric wires - there is never a reason to connect 20kW wires to the 2kW ones.

This has a big advantage of not requiring tons of bridge spaghetti.

Hihihi I like your say with the Spaghetti. In a recent post I pledged for 100,200&500KW wiring - This would satisfy the Factorio faction :p

2 hours ago, The Flying Fox said:

@babba

Not that I don't think your idea isn't a nice idea, however..!  With a base as large as what you're doing, I'd imagine you have quite alot of spare power going around.  So, instead of using gas pipes to transport oxygen around the place.. have you tried the idea of producing industrial amounts of LOX and use that for oxygen delivery in liquid pipes?  :D  That would certainly require quite a lot of constant cooling/heating though.  But, now that aquatuners can be cooled with turbines.. at least there's a limitless heatdump you can use for that.

Obviously, disregard this if you've already tried it, ha!

I have this on my mind every now and then :p Havent done it yet. Too many game updates, too many new fresh map starts. I hope Im on my "Final map now", running the map size X: 512 Y: 2048 well ( game default is 256 Y: 384 ). After a long time of playing the game normal, my latest way of starting a new map is to change the entire map, except the top "space", to Neutronium to maintain high FPS game speed + pouring 500000k liquid Oxygen in my start section, beginning to play with -150 celsius ( debug, non sandbox mode, with no dupe needs, 100-200 dupes ) and adding 500000 steel/plastic. By the time Ive put up machinery its then 20 celsius in my map sections. As map generation seeding is limited, I add 30 water sources, 30 volcanoes and 30 oil sources. Its just to skip thousands of cycles which I used to play "normal", to avoid resource deadends and to enable my Factorio style of playing. At some point I then stop using the debug mode ( except for Neutronium map removal ) and just enjoy playing. I so pray that there would be Interstellar resource trading someday in the game !

I haven not yey launched one rocket and still havent messed with Aquatuners since they patched them to "Awesome" :)

The outcome of the stuff I have built below is - One fluid pipe is sufficient to run 20x Electrolyzers, but to mass transport gas in dedicated pipelines, one needs a zillion gas pipes. IMHO being able to have 10 KG gas in a high-pressure gas pipe, instead of 0.5 KG would be a great help - Other forum users have mentioned requests for higher capacity gas pipes too. Also, it would be good to keep FPS "high" if one starts to get serious with lots of gas pipelining. It would be great to just use one 1 Oxygen Pipe & 1 Hydrogen Pipe ( each at 10KG ).

Sharing a new mass-transportation Electrolyzer design

image.thumb.png.1466a25ef1edb4f7e77ebd5958e165cc.png

Botton left pipes > Oxygen Output or vice versa

Top right pipes > Hydrogen Output or vice versa

Top pipes > Anything else ( Pumped into a storage room or some tanks above )

image.thumb.png.f95d59fc2b6c93a208221842989cc3da.png

Dual Electrolyzer & Dual Airsucker

image.thumb.png.17b41d458ee01d763f3a82d71ecee85a.png

1x Water pump is sufficient to supply +20 running Electrolyzer - So that's good :) Did a test run a bit earlier.

image.thumb.png.92e072e4e3bb94c3620e6408416e8896.png

More power ! The "Oxy/Hydro" room has it own dedicated 20KW power station

image.png.51e606403851d38f415c295a8475c9a1.png

image.thumb.png.277548e83575539e0647b4b1a4edee5a.png

You got to love it when the game switches the material type during pipe drawing, without me noticing, to 100 celsius Isoresin for heat affected pipes...

image.png.ca9e3b95cf3d73da6a42876354da479d.png

More dupes arriving at the construction site, eager to work...

image.thumb.png.4643fb6c7642e4c60ff4ec4e8755f070.pngimage.thumb.png.ee5a484734aea6eb951f9f1e1799352b.png

Diamonds are forever- Tempshiftplating it all up, cooling comes some other time...+ maybe some dotted tempshift connectors in between. 99% of the map are still empty and virgin, lots of space to toy around with other things first... :D

image.thumb.png.939fe2fe98adf26e86e0c353dc2ce388.png

Ghostbusters !

image.png.3d377129e64a11084cd2823b787beaf6.png

While I agree with the premise of a second tier of piping / vents with increased throughout, you may want to consider demonstrating the need with feasible builds that don't include silly numbers of POIs and geysers. I'm guessing devs read your request as catering to your rare playstyle, which makes it easy to dismiss. As with factorio, there's an art to building FPS/UPS efficient systems that do what you want. Especially during early access.

Well I have never played factorio but I would love to have a high pressure gas pipe to vent my extra gasses on the surface right now I have 6 pipes leading to the surface and would have more if i had the space.

I would love to see a high pressure pipe be able to send multiple packets at the same time. so make it like 5 or 10 pipes inside of a 2x wide tube sized pipe. that way I can just have one pipe up top bringing my rocket gasses and waste gasses. course it would need an input output building building that was powered and maybe even dupe operated.

12 hours ago, axxionx12 said:

While I agree with the premise of a second tier of piping / vents with increased throughout, you may want to consider demonstrating the need with feasible builds that don't include silly numbers of POIs and geysers. I'm guessing devs read your request as catering to your rare playstyle, which makes it easy to dismiss. As with factorio, there's an art to building FPS/UPS efficient systems that do what you want. Especially during early access.

Playing without debug on +1000 cycle maps, I had got several times to have 100-200 dupes and had always built 50 to 100 exosuit docks. Exosuit Docks take very long to charge with Oxygen. IMHO bypassing so many cycles by using debug, it still remains the same issue of only having 0.5kg gas in a single pipe. Thank you very much for your feedback. All our options help to make ONI better :)

Having easy choice of defining the amount of volcanoes, geysers etc. before map generation would also make some players really happy.

The idea of afetogbo that an input/output building for high pressure pipes needs to be placed is interesting. That such high pressure gas pipe is 2 tiles wide, that's sounds great IMHO. Some gas players would really love to have high capacity gas piping in the game. 

Happy ONI everyone :)

While I perhaps don't play with debug, mods or sandbox turned on(sweet vanilla flavored survival, YUM!), and don't quite agree with the extremes presented in parts of this thread..

I do however strongly agree there is a need for a higher tier of piquid and gas pipes with a greater capacity somewhere in the lategame part of the tech tree, if only to be able to use late-game resources to slightly de-intensify the spaghetti.

It would also give further purpose to the existance of logic gates and sensors... regulating production according to need and availability of relevant resources across the entire map(in order to safely squeeze every savoury drop of efficiency out of everything), turns out to demand the ability to move a lot more gas and liquid around than currently feasible with regular pipes.

could be useful AND balanced if you implemet it like heavy wires. Ugly, expensive Cannot be laid in tiles, but quite useful for industrial liquid/gas moving. Also they should not be straight compatible with general pipes. Pressure issue.;)

Got Spaghetti in your map ? Share your personal Spaghetti ! We love Copy & Pasta :D

I wish there would be a 3 tile high mega gas pipe...Or the current 1 tile high gas pipe which could take 10kg, instead of 0.5.

Im still working on my basic Oxygen/Hydrogen splitter unit on my final last map ( x10.66 map size, 1 million tiles ).

image.pngimage.thumb.png.64864b656f0d02320627cccfa973cf51.png

image.thumb.png.ebb84f7eef6df246ad6aa376238557fc.png

25% of the map size below, the map is prepared for year 2025-2030 cpu`s. I love playing on this map with 100-400 dupes.

image.thumb.png.a744edd31b1912e38f13f6a76ae86a6c.png

Hellas everyone :p

Sometimes I think it would be better to continue playing ONI as a 10 GHz CPU is out in the year 2028, but I played a bit more now. It's my final map which can be worked on for the next 10 years - As faster cpu`s become available over the next decade. In 5 years it should be possible to run the map with 20% of my maps tiles excavated and utilized ( with only a little automation used in the map and with no critters ).

I've completed some more spaghetti on my x10.66 map size. I would be useful if Klei could lay the pipe system calculations on to another cpu core.@Ipsquiggle

As usual, my gameplay is completely inefficient, its about mass scale building fun. I figured that pasting Neutronium on to built pipes helps a lot in terms of FPS, without breaking the functionality of ( insulated ) pipe works underneath. In the past I had only used Neutronium as a tile filler to increase lost FPS, now I always paste Neutronium on top of mass piping. The orange dots are the flow of Petroleum, from the top right to the bottom left:

image.thumb.png.4842e8ec345558efe062e7e53d5b4280.png

The petrol refinery, a dozen dupes in exosuits turning the refinery wheels:

image.thumb.png.9bafbe56f5cbf67459f25b2bd59d9138.png

The petrol refineries - If there is natural gas in gas form, then it gets pumped to the right side to be burned with NG Generators. If its fluid, then it drops down into the basin, for some later somehow use:

image.thumb.png.cd80b8e49a06c6be21d21c2410885e23.png

Zoomed out, the yellow basin is the destination tank where the petroleum drops in to. The petroleum basin powers 30 petro generators:

image.thumb.png.4168e5a04b49ffb27892593585862054.png

Petro basin and some generators

image.thumb.png.12507229409c64a2cff674209126157d.png

Current gas pipes, in the center is a big radiator box which has no use yet:

image.thumb.png.6565a524ccacb20d33046af00849006e.png 

The ( currently unused ) radiator box on the left with connected cooling lines of thermoregulators and the infinite oil supply on the bottom right:

image.thumb.png.458ee4ec3307365d2b44730be52dff41.png

3 hours ago, babba said:

Sometimes I think it would be better to continue playing ONI as a 10 GHz CPU is out in the year 2028

I remember in 2003-2004 friend told me about new CPU with 4GHz frequency, single core ofc, that days we thought in future in 5 years or so we will have 10GHz CPUs, but nope, in future we got 8, 12, 16, 32 cores CPU but with frequency less then 4GHz(per core) and bunch of single-tread applications all over the place. Seems something gone wrong...

Did someone tried to run ONI on old AMD "bulldozer" CPU(that one with 8 cores which can be overclocked to 6GHz, FX8300 something)? Wonder how it performs.

Greetings dear DLS :p

IMHO The Phenom & FX Series was for the bin in terms of gaming, to be honest ( sadly ! ). Those where sad years, I'm glad they are over. If ONI would be fully multicore it would be great for players to buy a used one for usd1-10 nowadays :)

For true multicore games there is an epic large used cpu market if one is on a small budget.

ONI: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

I really hope Klei puts the pipe stuff on another core, laying any kind of pipe takes 3 seconds in my game. For every single direction its "Plonk, 3 seconds freeze". Got lots of gas pipe consumers, not yet much consumers sucking on fluid pipes - So fluid only has a 1 second delay per Plonk.

Of course, if we would have a Mega AETN Pyramid Building, replacing 100 regular AETN`s - That would speed my game up !

image.png.5f779586c74d436b6c084b14a1f36492.png How it could look: The MEGA AETN Pyramid (MAP)

The right one is in MEGA-AETN-Walk-Transportation-Mode ( MAWTM )

--------------------------

MAP 360 degree Aerosol Spray Mechanism, causing instant freeze within 100 tiles.

The red arrow shows the aerosol exit of the spray mechanism.

image.thumb.png.f749c715f5de51c8966f8cefd036a683.png

The MEGA AETN Pyramid (MAP) runs bio and eco with Critter Powder. Just open the lid, pop in some critter granulate, switch to 90 Celsius and select the "Turbine Clean" programme and the joyride starts. быстрее !

image.png.4b24d210e6c943d4c5011f5f6e821de1.png

I'm guessing that you need the 200 fast charge exosuit dock units so that you can build this sucker a bit quicker.  I'm also guessing that once this is built, there will only be a tiny 10x10 square left of map that doesn't have any atmosphere, where the suits will be needed...

High capacity pipes would be awesome, contents could be combined and filtered out where they are needed.

I would really welcome to have pipes carry 10-100 times more capacity, it would save 95% of my pipeworks which pull the FPS down.

Also Happy Festivus everyone :)

New Carbon Dioxide Facility:

image.thumb.png.ca89be1df25a7492001c2484648f62ad.pngimage.thumb.png.f43222e3ff9cb3247d5817a5a4972723.png

Entire liquid & gas pipe`s network:

image.thumb.png.07c496c9015c8a7ef69970f14a504e61.pngimage.thumb.png.bd18c0456edf800b27a9dea2c3070b4c.png

New little Refinery Substation, top left:

image.thumb.png.859877ee1cf3f8830821dfd58c2ea856.pngimage.thumb.png.db2aa15b66581c105ab62f987366c68e.png

10% of map size used ( x10.66 total map size ):

image.thumb.png.6608c5553b983bb6517afefb7b6d1fbc.png

Archived