Anything better than Electrolyzer, for mass Oxygen production ?

image.png.610b1fecb304a097390752a60ae76517.png

Anyone knows a way to generate more Oxygen per space, besides using the Electrolyzer? Im about to get additional pumps connected and want to quadruple the entire setup. I would find it great if there is another powerful way, like a bath-sized Electrolyzer which is powered by Petro...having an input connector for Petroleum, 6 tiles wide and 3 tiles tall or so...

image.thumb.png.42e2bf23c1c6f9e52485ed8a72288642.png

Ive got 4x Electrolyzers per block unit:

image.thumb.png.ab8d3f155193ebc1aa085f8eb59184a7.png

Yes. Remove the 2 pumps and replace them with 2 electrolyzers and replace the 4 electrolyzers with 4 pumps. You'll double your oxygen output. If all of your oxygen is being pumped out that is. If its free flowing into your base and being pumped you may find another ~50% oxygen instead. This is because electrolyzers love to over pressure and don't work when that happens.

Now lets say I am wrong and you are actually clearing away the gas fast enough that they never over pressure but you still need more efficiency. You may need to look into an even bigger set up. I may consider designing or finding a good way to convert polluted water into polluted oxygen. Then you need to cool it all into a liquid and then warm it back up into breathable clean oxygen.

Thank you very much for your feedback dear zzKratoszz. I like this idea from you, thank you -> "...may consider designing or finding a good way to convert polluted water into polluted oxygen. Then you need to cool it all into a liquid and then warm it back up into breathable clean oxygen."

Yes, there is still Oxygen & ( mainly ) Hydrogen bypassing to the sides:

image.thumb.png.6940454c628e51db686588c1b2532d4d.png

...but I haven't yet connected the new top row:

image.thumb.png.6ac5b074c1fab1e891de000903963a5f.png

Oxygen & Hydrogen splitter:

image.thumb.png.1156a20d247228dd58818782c98720d9.png

...Feeding 200 Exosuit bays:

image.thumb.png.4395c4e579907543cfba39d791c52c7b.png

The Hydrogen end-of-line is here - The tanks are not yet connected:

image.thumb.png.94382c5bc19ebc884f4f53406dab0921.png

Happy ONI everyone :)

Rework Mania Construction :D

image.thumb.png.ae9f254fb44e1c69dd5bdb382498bcf6.png

Changing gas pipe layouts, filling every single tile gap - It would be great if pipes could carry more capacity, let's say 10 kilos. It would be great to have 10kg pipes to save power players to lay down 10 or 20 parallel lines. The tanks are cool and handy, but IMHO there also should be high-pressure pipes in the game, able to handle 10 kg.

image.thumb.png.70911de89862890d16cde305e8fb7261.png

image.png.419e9f7127560fcc0ec6b64da692d5a3.png

image.thumb.png.808ffa127975ba0706e70c79f05d2cc1.png

I made ~8t of oxygen per cycle with electrolyzers, but i didn't use air pump, instead i liquefied oxygen and pumped liquid oxygen with liquid pump(10kg per second, 1 liquid pump worth of 20 gas pumps). but i did it for store purpose. And i cheating with cooling - i spawn with debug menu tungsten tiles 100t @ 1kelvin each and use them as coolers. not sure how much cooling power need to liquefy this amount of oxygen in normal way with aqua-tuners, you probably could recycle cold with addition heat exchanger. You can try.

Looked at your amount of pumps, you probably will be in profit if use aquatuners and 2 liquid pumps instead of all this gas pumps. 1 gas pump 240W right? 10 of them = 2 aqua-tuners...

I'll look if i have save file, it was in one of test worlds and before rocketry update.

But to make it work with aquatuners, you'll need supercoolant, diamond heat exchanging walls and a lot of liquid pipes as heat exchanger inside electrolyzing room. And who knows how many aquatuners(can calculate i guess), depends how many electrolyzers you planing to use.

On 24.10.2018 at 3:07 AM, babba said:

You got seem screenshots of your maps cooling stuff ? :confused:

I build new one with all new materials as example:

Scr624.thumb.png.014a99fbd139fc873527d9633d071215.png

turns out that for each 11 electrolyzers need 3 aqua-tuner, 3 air pump(for waste hydrogen) and 1 liquid pump(for liquid oxygen). better perfomance if build for 20-30 electrolyzers. also i build too big heat exchanger, for this 10 electrolyzers it could be 4 times smaller.

Whole setup on screenshot ~5kW, and around 4t of liquid oxygen per cycle.

16 minutes ago, linainverse said:

what's the point of making such a complex and stupid setup? One gaspump is enough for three electrolyzers.

1 gas pump is enough for 0.5 electrolyzer... gas pump pumping 0.5 kg/s, electrolyzer release gases at rate of 1kg per second. 10 electrolysers = 20 gas pump, 20 gas pump = 4.8kW, this setup also 4.8 kW, so it is same in terms of power consumption. Also you can transport 10kg of liquid gas with 1 pipe, it's like in RL liquid natural gas tankers, they doing same: liquifying natural gas so it become dense and transporting in over sea on tanker ship(special type of tanker), cheapest way of transporting it across ocean as i'm aware.

But i build it just for fun, to test concept with new materials added in recent update. New materials is cheat

The must not be a point to build something - Anything goes :) As we are waiting now for 2 months for the next update... Get the tomatoes, popcorn and cannons out for your best ideas and have a rant on epic rotten old game complaints! 

4 hours ago, goboking said:

No, it is not.

3 hours ago, linainverse said:

Yes, it is

You are both right.

If you put electrolizers on the bottom of your base you only need one pump on the top to get rid of the hydrogen. Then one is enough for 4 electrolizers.

If you produce oxygen in a sealed room you need 2 pumps per 1 electrolizer to keep the pressure low enough for 100% oxygen production uptime.

17 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

If you put electrolizers on the bottom of your base you only need one pump on the top to get rid of the hydrogen. Then one is enough for 4 electrolizers.

In theory yes, on practice at the bottom of base you will quickly build up 1.8kg pressure, while on top will be low pressure because gases propagate slow in game, so still electrolyzers will be half of time over-pressured and wont work, they even flickering on/off when you have 1kg of pressure around - in moment it release o2(888g) it will overpressure tile and stop working for 1 tick, then pressure drop and it will turn on again, common issue, it is hard to make it work 100% of time, even with liquefying it still work 80-90% of time.

Honestly not sure which is best option of supplying base with oxygen, in case when base divided on many rooms will be problems with co2 and hydrogen if you put 1 electrolyzer in every room...

Archived