Solution to bats

2 minutes ago, RazingHel said:

I've found it useful to hide inside buildings when caught off guard by them, since they can't enter buildings this gives you some time to heal up and equip for a fight in relative peace. 

Well yeah but... that doesn't stop them from spawning and some people wont be near a building all the time for a 30 bat battle.

You can reduce the number of bats before they come after you.

How bat waves work is that the bats will slowly gather up in bat caves and wait there until it's time to launch an all-out attack against you. Before this time comes, you'll find them sleeping in their caves. You might not be able to completely kill off a bat wave before it attacks (as some of the caves are in separate islands), but you'll likely be able to reduce their numbers by a good amount if you check the caves at the right time (or frequently enough).

2 hours ago, metallichydra said:

first wave is reduced to 1 now, it seem

I still get two, but maybe there's a random chance it's only one.. The second and latter waves are significantly reduced.

What gets me a little too frequently is that I have little time to get a science machine up to make a log suit and no grass armor is available. If you get the right map layout and/or start exploring in the wrong direction, you're running back to town for guard protection because you didn't find gold on the first couple days.

45 minutes ago, MagicManICT said:

I still get two, but maybe there's a random chance it's only one.. The second and latter waves are significantly reduced.

What gets me a little too frequently is that I have little time to get a science machine up to make a log suit and no grass armor is available. If you get the right map layout and/or start exploring in the wrong direction, you're running back to town for guard protection because you didn't find gold on the first couple days.

i was in city at the time of the bat attack, so maybe a guard attacked it/drew its attention

Now all of the bats won't follow you forever, only 3-7 of them chase you till the end. So if you're not in good condition, just retreat far enough to lure a few of them and deal with. Then after you recover, wipe them step by step.

Hiding behind of guard pigs or other hostile mobs are also a good strategy.

18 minutes ago, bugsmand said:

Wut? Last time i saw them they made noises, both up in the sky as sillhouettes and on the ground.

well, either they updated the game since last time i played, or... i actually dont know, they didnt say a thing last time.
really weird.

the bat waves arent fun compared to hound waves

1 hour ago, metallichydra said:

well, either they updated the game since last time i played, or... i actually dont know, they didnt say a thing last time.
really weird.

the bat waves arent fun compared to hound waves

idk, i feel the bats are a lot more intimidating than hounds, hounds are easy for quite a while. But these bloodsucking furballs with wings hurt like hell, you're screwed if you're not prepared for em. For hounds you just need the toothtraps, but there ain't no fangs in Hamlet (not that i know of), plus, they fly! So i don't even think the traps will trigger em! I'll rather have hounds than these bats. and that's a compliment towards em.

3 hours ago, bugsmand said:

there ain't no fangs in Hamlet

There are. They're just not as common because of no hounds. I know I've collected them from a couple kills, but can't recall what dropped them at the time I'm making this post. (Want to say one of the walking plants.)

Archived