[Game Update] - 132

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.32 - 10/15/2018 (PlayStation 4)

- End of The Gorge event.
- Added experimental target locking and cycling. Hold Inspect for 1 sec. to lock the current target, then press Inspect+Rotate(L/R) to cycle available targets. Unlock the target with the Cancel button.

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Developer
13 minutes ago, JanH said:

Added experimental target locking and cycling. Hold Inspect for 1 sec. to lock the current target, then press Inspect+Rotate(L/R) to cycle available targets. Unlock the target with the Cancel button.

Hi everyone. I'm trying to improve combat in the game and this is a first step. It's still very experimental at the moment and subject to change. I'd like your feedback, both positive and negative. If you don't like it, try to be constructive with your criticism so that it can be improved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Mano Til said:

when will the twitch skins be available on ps4? When can I buy skins on Playstation?

Twitch skins should be in the next update. Skins DLC is in the process of being approved by Sony/Microsoft and will be available once that is complete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Hi everyone. I'm trying to improve combat in the game and this is a first step. It's still very experimental at the moment and subject to change. I'd like your feedback, both positive and negative. If you don't like it, try to be constructive with your criticism so that it can be improved.

I like to lock on enemy’s but the changing enemy with inspect and L or R really doesn’t feel fluid and sometimes when I just run around and try to inspect stuff it doesn’t rotate the camera. I would leave it or change it because it kind of got a bit on my nerve the few hours I played today.the way you lock onto stuff works really well tho.

Edited by NoscopeFelix

the update only removed content and added a target? And the Skins that said they would come in the next update? Do we run out of content once more? I would really like to understand the difficulty of releasing a skin within an online game! :wilson_dead:

4 hours ago, CharlesB said:

I like it. a lot. we appreciate everything you have doing for us. Thank you.

So... for the awesome improvement, I noticed a bug? with Depth Worms, when they went into the ground you lose the lock, I don't know if it was intentional or not.

When you lock to any Mob and you use the inspection with R1andL1, I was hoping that you only lock to a specific Mob and you stay with him for the whole fight, it's awkward when you in a fight with spiders and you accidentally next lock to a bunny :D or when you lock to an item like spider egg. 

The Inspect and attack, they don't appear at the same time, you always have an attack option before the inspect, you need to be really close to lock to an enemy. it would be great if we are able to lock and attack from the same distance.

Other than that, everything is amazing. and thank you again, Sir Charles.

Edited by mzajy

17 hours ago, CharlesB said:

The lock target button could be moved to L3 (pressing the left stick in) it’s unused and wouldn’t get into the way when you inspect things while wanting to rotate the camera.

1 hour ago, NoscopeFelix said:

The lock target button could be moved to L3 (pressing the left stick in) it’s unused and wouldn’t get into the way when you inspect things while wanting to rotate the camera.

THIS

My only complain is how weird and not intuitive is this button scheme you chose for this feature. 

Keep it simple and i see myself using it in bosses a lot. 

Also, has anybody tried the boomerang while using this lock on this? (if it doesn't interfere with grabbing it). I am not at home anymore, so it would be could if someone could test it. 

• Thanks 1

with all that streamign i am now looking to get the DST drop for our upcoming update on Ps4,  i came to like a lot the mod that show dmg done i nthe game... could be a great option added to the ps4 game, especially if your looking to upgrade combat! 

4 hours ago, dregojax said:

with all that streamign i am now looking to get the DST drop for our upcoming update on Ps4,  i came to like a lot the mod that show dmg done i nthe game... could be a great option added to the ps4 game, especially if your looking to upgrade combat! 

Personally the one mod i'd kill for is the geomod, my ocd really wants that mod.

5 hours ago, dregojax said:

Mods next? who knows? all I know is nothing impossible, fallout 4 have it, why not us? :)

Mods like Geometric Placement, Combined Status, Ice Fling Range Check and the most important one s/ No Thermal Stone Durability :D would be nice to have it on, just like the improved combat.

Edited by mzajy