Which Ruin Rush Character is the best? & random opinions of mine... [POLL]

Main Ruin Rush Character  

31 members have voted

1. 1. ruins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/10/18 at 07:00 AM

NOTE: If I said somethings wrong, correct me. Ty for understanding 

I  lately been playing WX78 and Wolfgang back and forth rushing the ruins between my different runs. I don't think any other character are suited for the job beside them. So I picked between WX78 and Wolfgang for this poll. What do the community think is the best at rushing the ruins between Wx78 and Wolfgang. Both respectable ruin rusher. Also thanks for the people who helped out in my in my other previous topic. It really helped me and I don't have problems finding ruins anymore. Getting to the main Topic now.

Which map generation is the best For Ruin Rushing?

There's alway 4 type of map we spawn in when rushing ruins. I'll listed the hardest to the most easy map to rush ruins in with Wolfgang and WX78. If oyu disagree. Leeme know

-world w/ sticks, grass & juicy berries [easy] 

-world w/ stick grass & regular berries [easy]

-world w/ trig trees & grass & juicy berries [medium] 

-world w/ trig trees & grass & regular berries [hard] Wolfgang & WX78 have difficult time for finding enough trig. Meanwhile Wolfgang have hard time getting enough trigs and food.

If your experience enough, these thing are  No hay problema. It's my problems that I deal with when rushing the ruins OOF  

random stuff below

Oh yeah... I also got some few questions. 

-What's the point of rushing the Ruins for Wolfgang? The only thing I see is getting the yellow ish thing that hang around the neck to better fight boss.

-Is Wx78 point of rushing ruins is only for getting the gears? 

Also another thing that finally came sense to my mind is why other character rush ruins in summer.

-avoid summer heat

-have the tools ready and gears 

I still trying to figure out what to do after rushing the ruins lol. I keep losing interest in my world.

WHEN IS THE frick the HALLOW NIGHT EVENT COMING OUT. I'm very desperate for news. T.T

5 minutes ago, SavageLemon said:

Oh yeah... I also got some few questions. 

-What's the point of rushing the Ruins for Wolfgang? The only thing I see is getting the yellow ish thing that hang around the neck to better fight boss.

-Is Wx78 point of rushing ruins is only for getting the gears? 

Also another thing that finally came sense to my mind is why other character rush ruins in summer.

avoid summer heat

have the tools ready and gears 

-I still trying to figure out what to do after rushing the ruins lol. I keep losing interest in my world.

1. The Ruins loot is good

2. Having permanent 400 HP and healing is good

3. Make a zoo , ultimate farms...

5 minutes ago, SavageLemon said:

WHEN IS THE frick the HALLOW NIGHT EVENT COMING OUT. I'm very desperate for news. T.T

frick - sorry these are christian forums , You have been banned.

Propably Wednesday

There was leaked beta tab for Hamlet and It was opened beta going start on : Wednesday this week

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

1. The Ruins loot is good

2. Having permanent 400 HP and healing is good

3. Make a zoo , ultimate farms...

reasonable. Still somewhat confused even though you just gave me the answer.

frick - sorry these are christian forums , You have been banned.

Impussssibbbble. you caught me oof. t I'm sure you have asain eyes to be able to see such words

Propably Wednesday

There was leaked beta tab for Hamlet and It was opened beta going start on : Wednesday this week

Your getting me all hype up here lol. I really darn hope the update comes before my break is over .-.

See, the way I see it is, there are three main challenges to Cave exploration to the Ruins.

1. Food, of course, exploring the ruins is a long job and there isn't a whole lot of food down there for you to find (especially if you don't want to risk fighting in the depths.)

2: Light, the Caves are always pitch-black, meaning that any character with an ability that allows them to alleviate the issue of always being in the dark is going to have an advantage.

3: Combat, there are a lot of dangerous mobs in the caves that can easily murder an unprepared player

So, with all of this in mind, I'd like to suggest Webber as the top-tier Ruins rush character, hear me out:

Food: Webber has an above average stomach size, allowing you to start out with just a bit more fullness before having to eat out of your main supply, that's just a small bonus, but the real benefit here is his ability to eat Monster Meat, which is quite plentiful down in the ruins where spiders spawn en masse.

Light: Webber doesn't have any advantages here, but most of the characters that do are pretty bad in the other categories anyways.

Combat: Here's where Webber really shines: Spiders are a massive nuisance in the caves, especially when exploring the labyrinth, having the ability to not only not be slowed by the web (making the trip through the caves and ruins overall faster) but also completely be able to ignore an entire category of commonly spawning, dangerous enemies is incredibly invaluable, not to mention that dangling depth dwellers and other spiders can be befriended just as well as normal ones, giving Webber an advantage in combat overall if he's willing to sacrifice the food.

Here is my list of the characters with beneficial stats for ruins rushing:

-Wilson: His beard can be used as an insulater during winter without hogging up slots.

-Willow: Her lighter can become easily farmed and used as a light source.

-Wolfgang: If you packed along enough food for the trip, Wolfgang's DPS can brute force your way through the ruins. However, the fact that food is scarce in the caves, and even more so in the ruins doesn't exactly make him the ideal pick for a rushing playstyle.

-Wendy: Abigail demolishes spiders extremely easily. Also, her darkness sanity stat is slightly useful.

-WX-78: You get the most bang for your buck when rushing as WX, because of the gears. Just remember you have a pretty reduced max health, so stay sneaky until you hammer your first clockwork mound. If you have a granny on your side, and she charges you, you also don't have to deal with the darkness.

-Woodie: I'm a lumberjack and that's okay, I work all night and I sleep all day... Lucy can chop mushtrees faster... I guess? Werebeaver is a bit of a gamble, because on the one hand, you get free night vision, and on the other, your sanity drops constantly, and you're going to have to scramble to chomp rocks & trees.

-Maxwell: Dapperness negates all cave insanity, and you even gain some. Shadow Minions are more a burden than a blessing, because they trigger Dangling Depth Dwellers all the time. Also, your frailness is basically a nail in the coffin for you.

-Wigfrid: As long as you can kill bunnymen for meat and kite spiders for health and sanity, Wigfrid is a pretty good pick for rushing. Just remember that meat won't always be so common in the ruins, which puts you at a considerable risk.

-Webber: You are completely safe from spiders, you can eat monster meat scott-free, and you have a lower sanity in an already sanity-crushing cave. And lower max health. Webber is a great choice for the cave portion of rushing, but is less useful for the ruins part, as clockworks are way more frequent than spiders, and mushtrees don't spawn there, meaning the sanity penalty really puts you at a disadvantage.

-Winona: Hi, Phil Swift here for Flex Tape! The super-strong waterproof tape! *smacks Flex Tape on Tam-o-Shanter* That can instantly patch, bond, seal and repair!

Also if you have a Bush Hat, Hammer, a metric frickton of food, and a Lantern, you're pretty much good to go, as the safe and easy "hope your luck is good and try to find ruins in the limited amount of time you have, find the ruins, and hide in your bush whenever you encounter an enemy, slowly nudge your way over to chests, and collect the loot, find clockwork mounds, and hammer them, and live like a god in the ruins, until your food runs out and you attempt to make it back to the surface before dying from some random bunnyman due to a lag spike" strategy.

2 hours ago, Master Jand said:

Woodie: I'm a lumberjack and that's okay, I work all night and I sleep all day... Lucy can chop mushtrees faster... I guess? Werebeaver really sucks in the ruins though, because if you forget to set aside some logs before the meter reaches 25, you're basically screwed.

Why? gnaw some rocks and you're good

8 hours ago, Master Jand said:

It also doesn't provide any meaningful light radius and can only be used when in the hand slot. You'll be spotted by enemies before you can see them, and you'll be unable to attack. With all the insanity auras on top of darkness sanity drain, Bernie seems like more of an advantage then the lighter.

10 hours ago, Rosten said:

1. Food, of course, exploring the ruins is a long job and there isn't a whole lot of food down there for you to find (especially if you don't want to risk fighting in the depths.)

8 hours ago, Master Jand said:

-Wigfrid: As long as you can kill bunnymen for meat and kite spiders for health and sanity, Wigfrid is a pretty good pick for rushing. Just remember that meat won't always be so common in the ruins, which puts you at a considerable risk.

Just craft a crockpot and you're golden. Splumonkeys drop morsels and bananas, and there's lichen everywhere. There's also meat from the depth dwellers too. You got everything you need to survive off of meatballs forever.

Next time please insert all Characters (Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang, Wendy, WX-78, Wickerbottom, Woodie, Wes, Maxwell, Wigfrid, Webber, Winona) into the poll and create a 2nd poll for comparing between WX-78 and Wolfgang. A poll not containing all characters isn't a real poll. WX-78 and Wolfgang might be good at rushing or raiding the ruins but others do also have useful abilities. Some players prefer to talk about their main character, which isn't always Wolfgang or WX.

5 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Next time please insert all Characters (Wilson, Willow, Wolfgang, Wendy, WX-78, Wickerbottom, Woodie, Wes, Maxwell, Wigfrid, Webber, Winona) into the poll and create a 2nd poll for comparing between WX-78 and Wolfgang. A poll not containing all characters isn't a real poll. WX-78 and Wolfgang might be good at rushing or raiding the ruins but others do also have useful abilities. Some players prefer to talk about their main character, which isn't always Wolfgang or WX.

I’ll be sure to do so next time. I wasn’t really planning on figuring out all the character that rushes the ruins so I didn’t included them when I was making this topic. I thought it was only WX78 or WolfGang that can rush ruins easily early on. If not prove me . I don’t see any other character. Even if they can. I don’t see them as “effective.”

17 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

Yes, why isn't webber in the poll, since he is so much better then WX at rushing ruins?

Webber ruin rush? I’m confused XD how?

16 hours ago, Master Jand said:

Here is my list of the characters with beneficial stats for ruins rushing:

-Wilson: His beard can be used as an insulater during winter without hogging up slots.

-Wolfgang: If you packed along enough food for the trip, Wolfgang's DPS can brute force your way through the ruins. However, the fact that food is scarce in the caves, and even more so in the ruins doesn't exactly make him the ideal pick for a rushing playstyle.

-Wendy: Abigail demolishes spiders extremely easily. Also, her darkness sanity stat is slightly useful.

-WX-78: You get the most bang for your buck when rushing as WX, because of the gears. Just remember you have a pretty reduced max health, so stay sneaky until you hammer your first clockwork mound. If you have a granny on your side, and she charges you, you also don't have to deal with the darkness.

-Woodie: I'm a lumberjack and that's okay, I work all night and I sleep all day... Lucy can chop mushtrees faster... I guess? Werebeaver is a bit of a gamble, because on the one hand, you get free night vision, and on the other, your sanity drops constantly, and you're going to have to scramble to chomp rocks & trees.

-Maxwell: Dapperness negates all cave insanity, and you even gain some. Shadow Minions are more a burden than a blessing, because they trigger Dangling Depth Dwellers all the time. Also, your frailness is basically a nail in the coffin for you.

-Webber: You are completely safe from spiders, you can eat monster meat scott-free, and you have a lower sanity in an already sanity-crushing cave. And lower max health. Webber is a great choice for the cave portion of rushing, but is less useful for the ruins part, as clockworks are way more frequent than spiders, and mushtrees don't spawn there, meaning the sanity penalty really puts you at a disadvantage.

-Winona: Hi, Phil Swift here for Flex Tape! The super-strong waterproof tape! *smacks Flex Tape on Tam-o-Shanter* That can instantly patch, bond, seal and repair!

Also if you have a Bush Hat, Hammer, a metric frickton of food, and a Lantern, you're pretty much good to go, as the safe and easy "hope your luck is good and try to find ruins in the limited amount of time you have, find the ruins, and hide in your bush whenever you encounter an enemy, slowly nudge your way over to chests, and collect the loot, find clockwork mounds, and hammer them, and live like a god in the ruins, until your food runs out and you attempt to make it back to the surface before dying from some random bunnyman due to a lag spike" strategy.

When rushing the ruins with WX. Is it best to go kill the clockworks right away or go kill the ancient garden first? Because useually for example. When I enter the main ruins. I don’t alway have healing on me so I go right away to kill the clockworks and ect that gives me gear. But then the thing is. My ham bar is alway 8/10-5/10 healing ability left ... 

for wolfgang , it’s a simple answer. He just bang up everything that moves lol. I Do admit i enjoy WX78 more when rushing ruins. Also I got a question.

QUESTION: when coming out the ruins. WX useually alway have max hp and ect. Is it possible to simply kill the dragon fly right away? I mean WX can easily tank it now with such amount of HP and green mushroom as healing and the flute 

* trying nervously to not let eddy rick hear what I just said* 

2 hours ago, SavageLemon said:

the ruins. WX useually alway have max hp and ect. Is it possible to simply kill the dragon fly right away? I mean WX can easily tank it now with such amount of HP and green mushroom as healing and the flute 

are we playing the same game?

image.png.f2c453a5894de22336331c23f3add0c9.pngimage.png.f95a116f2d47c8854c0b9e86680106a2.pngimage.png.eed6b7c9bc8af0c56c709331f0387f57.png

4 hours ago, SavageLemon said:

QUESTION: when coming out the ruins. WX useually alway have max hp and ect. Is it possible to simply kill the dragon fly right away? I mean WX can easily tank it now with such amount of HP and green mushroom as healing and the flute 

It may sound a little strange, but DFly isn't hard at all in a multiplayer setting.

It's relatively easy to kill DFly with a decent amount of confident players bascially just spamming F, all with at least 2 battle helms. You really don't need to rush ruins as WX as long as your fellow players have common interest to take down DFly.

But yes, if you rush ruins as WX, get dat T H E L U C I T E, and gears, and use crock pot to make health food, soloing DFly is not that hard either.

1 hour ago, Rosten said:

are we playing the same game?

image.png.f2c453a5894de22336331c23f3add0c9.pngimage.png.f95a116f2d47c8854c0b9e86680106a2.pngimage.png.eed6b7c9bc8af0c56c709331f0387f57.png

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant killing the dragon fly right after coming out of the ruins. The healing is cover by the blue mushroom, than the flute . Also the player should already have bunch of pig helmet and thelucite armor. I will post a picture as an example. The reason I bought up this topic is because in general. I NEVER fought dragon fly. I’m alway 2 scared

A56541A4-5D37-4E5D-B0D3-61763A9D1084.jpeg

Also something ironic happen when bring up this topic. It happened today.

A07E6056-DB91-4C58-891C-521FDC6890FE.jpeg

Most benefit?
= WX. Gears. But I wouldn't say he's a good cave character without periodic charges from a Wicker; he's just here to collect everything, boop the Ancient Guardian on the nose till it rolls over, and get out. Healing from gears collected on your way through the ruins makes him a good Guardian killer.
...definitely benefits the most from a Fuelweaver Ruins reset, so it's in his interest to quickly kill the Guardian and get as much Ruins loot as possible.

Easiest?
= Wigfrid. Free armor in caves, extra built in armor (25% damage removed from however much you would take as well as armor reduction), free healing and sanity. Can negate cooked monster meat penalties with combat perk. To me, she's the best option when you want to ignore the surface and rush straight down. And Wig is a hella efficient Guardian killer if you find a Bat Bat in one of the labyrinth chests; and they spawn at a decent rate.
She's also good if you want to do a later-game 'rush'; That 25% reduction with Night Armor is ridic.
- Webber is up there too. Spider immunity and friendship makes so much of this a breeze; find a mushroom forest, and the sanity issue is forgotten.

Best to rush into Ruins settlement?
= Wendy...or rather, Abigail. Infinite food and fuel by occasionally aggroing her into Splumonkeys. Those basic supplies come as a result of just walking around, so you can focus on turtling up in a base near/in the ruins and expanding your dominion outward. She also has lowered cave sanity drain; convenient for the whole run.
- Wigfrid actually used to be my main pick for this. Combat perk and a nearby spider nest or other enemy source means your sanity is irrelevant. Also easy to get your hp back up to max whenever you come home from a trip.
- Maxwell gets honorable mention here; his ability to plow through biomes quickly collecting everything in sight is always useful for a strong start. Cave sanity drain nullification is good too. Once you've got armor and a blue Shroom forest located, his health isn't too much of a downside...assuming you're fighting strategically and not trying to face-tank.

...Wolfgang's a good boss killer. He doesn't seem particularly useful for a ruins rush; though the items certainly benefit him.
Speed boost, but he loses hunger and sanity faster, the two things that a speed boost would normally benefit; ruins enemies can all be dodged at normal speed, so no real gain there.
Attack boost...he doesn't have the gain from gears like WX, so if your rushing, you'd just run past the majority of enemies anyway.
The one thing he'd do better than the rest would be speed-killing the Guardian.
So...I'd say that Wolf wouldn't be good for a Ruins rush.
But he would be good for a Guardian rush. Faster than Wig for this specific purpose because he can eat Blue mush for healing...assuming you find a blue shroom forest and armor supplies really quickly. You either decimate the pig village (fine if you're actually solo, if you do this in a multiplayer world I'll hate you 5ever), or spend time chopping a forest.

I dunno, I never got the Wolfgang hype. To me there are much better solo/nomad/rush characters.
Wolf seems to perform best on a team. Everyone else gather resources/rush/whatever, Wolfgang benefits from this, in turn he can protect against waves and annihilate bosses using the equipment, healing items, and food supplied.

Archived