Klei Accounts

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

So still nothing... sad

Tbh, I'm not surprised at all. This leak looked much more accidental than the last ones and so its date could be false too. Also, why would Klei release something on Wednesday?

I think the best is just to wait for more info on that - we'll get them sooner or later ;) 

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Tbh, I'm not surprised at all. This leak looked much more accidental than the last ones and so its date could be false too. Also, why would Klei release something on Wednesday?

I think the best is just to wait for more info on that - we'll get them sooner or later ;) 

but nome was commenting on it and confirming a few things, so its kinda out of place OR the beta launched, but klei tied the beta to owning the DS game on their website, which aint the case for a lot of people

It's totally possible that there is a beta, but not an open beta. I don't think the criteria is about "owning the game on the website", but the closed beta usually needs a small amount of player to be manageable, because if there are too many people you are flooded by feedback, similar bug reports, enthusiastic comments or negative ones and it's hard for people to remember that they are testing the game, not playing it.

If i'm not wrong, there were a moment in OnI testing when there were too many players, making it difficult to extract the useful informations and maintain a bond with the community, making the process more difficult and also taking too much time.

So maybe it's why there is nothing about it, because we weren't supposed to know, and because they don't want us to overhype about something we will not have access to. And of course because ton of players asking for an access will make the work harded for them.

It's also totally possible that is it a bug, that there is no beta, closed or open, or that there will be an open beta. But in this situation, i prefere to choose the way that is the less harmful, and it's not hoping or hyping for a beta, so i will not be disappointed, and they will not have to manage players' expectations as well as the work they are doing (because even without a beta, they are still working on it).

10 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

but nome was commenting on it and confirming a few things, so its kinda out of place OR the beta launched, but klei tied the beta to owning the DS game on their website, which aint the case for a lot of people

Nome also commented vaguely on the speculation thread where people tried to find a puzzle in the E3 Hamlet trailer, and in the end, nothing came out of it. If anything, I think it is more of a confirmation something's up if Klei doesn't acknowledge a leak at all, like they did with Winona's speech files or the Quackering Ram sounds shown during a stream.

Edit: Or the Quagmire file leaks.

Edit 2: Well, I'm very happy to be wrong!

8 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Idk where or what did nome comment more, but on the page where we saw the leaked Hamlet beta he said that "nothing to see, move along". So he might confirm other things elsewhere, but not any beta for Hamlet.

15 minutes ago, Mueck said:

If anything, I think it is more of a confirmation something's up if Klei doesn't acknowledge a leak at all, like they did with Winona's speech files or the Quackering Ram sounds shown during a stream.

I think you're right here, this was also the case with the Victorian skins. That was a huge leak, patched in one or two hours (not in a few minutes like the Hamlet beta) and Klei was silent about it as the grave.

7 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

I had no problem with the first set of drops but this new set isnt going so well. after watching over two hours and reloging like 3 times i got the first drop and thats it... idk what to do now

I'm having problems too. It was working fine yesterday (I was able to get all the drops for my steam account, and one for my Xbox), but today I just can't get another drop.

EDIT:

I went to my Twitch account's Settings>Connections> Klei Entertainment "Disconnect"

Then I linked my twitch account again in  https://accounts.klei.com, and I was just able to get another drop now.

• Developer
1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

KU_jPqNX5AK 

I did relink my twitch. Hope it helps anyway :)

I can see that you've earned all the items. So you should just have to log in again to DST. If that fails to work, then you might want to try deleting your Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\inventory_cache_prod file. If that all fails, then you'll need to send us your client_log.txt after you log in and fail to receive any items.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Twitch didn't say i got the last one. Thanks for the help and ill make sure to check in game from now on haha

Unfortunately the twitch inventory and notifications aren't fully linked to our items database, so it's possible for you to get an item, but the notification to twitch fail. There are some ways for us to ensure the notifications are delivered, but they won't scale up well do deal with very large streams. If this continues to be a persistent problem then we may need to re-evaluate the implementation. When in doubt, log in to DST and you'll talk to our database directly.

Archived