Klei Accounts

This update on the Klei accounts is exciting! I don't know what Klei is capable of doing with this, but I hope there's the possibility we'll be able to backup our Don't Starve: Pocket Edition save files. It is currently not possible to transfer your saves or unlocked characters onto another device and I know how painful it is to unlock Maxwell and not be able to enjoy the sweet triumph of it, my phone broke and needed to be repaired and as a result my whole game resetted and I lost everything. I hope this is the chance to add some sort of backup to the save files. Now, you may argue that Don't Starve: Pocket Edition isn't played by many people or is even meant to be played for long playthroughs, like it is on the PC with worlds that have surpassed 400+ days, and thus isn't very important, but for those few that play it they may want this addition to their game.

35 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

This update on the Klei accounts is exciting! I don't know what Klei is capable of doing with this, but I hope there's the possibility we'll be able to backup our Don't Starve: Pocket Edition save files. It is currently not possible to transfer your saves or unlocked characters onto another device and I know how painful it is to unlock Maxwell and not be able to enjoy the sweet triumph of it, my phone broke and needed to be repaired and as a result my whole game resetted and I lost everything. I hope this is the chance to add some sort of backup to the save files. Now, you may argue that Don't Starve: Pocket Edition isn't played by many people or is even meant to be played for long playthroughs, like it is on the PC with worlds that have surpassed 400+ days, and thus isn't very important, but for those few that play it they may want this addition to their game.

The pocket edition doesn't back up its contents via iCloud? Weird

30 minutes ago, MasterWolf said:

The pocket edition doesn't back up its contents via iCloud? Weird

I'm using an android device. I'm not big on mobile devices so I don't know if iCloud works with android or if it is only for iPhones, but for android specific I haven't found a way to back up saves, at least not a simple method. I've seen the Titanium backup app but that seems like a difficult process. I like to consider it as a last option.

Archived