Run out of sand.

I have pass 100 cycles mark and at one moment found out there is no sand. I use to filter air and to filter contaminated water. Also filtered water is using to produce air. From my experience it doesn't spawn far away from the base. I think there should be more sand or a way to produce filters. 

My colony doesn't have any other problems

If you can reach the Surface, there are many billions of tons of Regolith up there, which can be used for almost everything Sand can be used for.  The exception is the Glass Forge, which will only accept Sand.  But there is a (convoluted) pathway from Regolith back to Sand, as well.

Dang.  Don't use your sand on air purifiers.  Don't use air purifiers[early].  The surface has a limitless supply of filtration medium.  I think I have 300tons of sand.  Glass is more important.  But yeah there is a lot more sand all over.

:) I have 132 tones of sand and 9400 tones of regolith.. if you want i can borrow you some.  Free of charge...just give me the email address to know where to send it. 

Just dig beyond your starting base.. you will find plenty, if not rock crusher is the key. Get rid of the granite (450 tones) or sandstone (275 tones) for now... when you reach top surface you will be stressful about the plenty of regolith is there. 

One day, approximetly 106 years from now, ahuy7202 will finish using the 9400 tonnes of regolith....

And then he will look up and see that there is now another 14,874,684,111 tonnes on the surface.

His PC will be so hot that our solar system will become host two stars.

I use a lot of deodorizers (it's the easiest way to get fairly cool oxygen as long as you do something to prevent your dupes from collecting clay) and I often find myself using up all my sand. If you run low before you can easily collect & cool regolith, just crush some rocks.

image.png.ad575761f5aea49e1f6de411953dae4b.png

Those rock crushers are set to continuously crush igneous rock, but they get a shut off signal anytime that smart compactor has 8 tons of sand in it. (you don't really need more than 1 granulator tbh I just get annoyed that it takes so long for them to fill it up)

Next so that you aren't actually wasting time crushing rocks, go looking for sand. Sand deposits look like this and show up in most biomes:

image.png.57ea0168fd30ff07d3d4e6472ad9632f.png

5t per block, so by digging up this one I'd get roughly 60t of sand (after the 50% loss from digging). These pockets of sand are all over the place.

Archived