Algae distiller even worth having?

It`s useful when you get trapped into using deoxydizers for too long. It takes a while to mine all the slime from the map so you can have those things running for a long time as long as you move away from dusk caps as food and have a need for algae. Might be kinda useful for pacu farms. Also don`t forget the polluted water. Sometimes it`s better as a water source than an algae porducer.

Those things aren`t sustainable forever though. You should get some running mid game if needed and later move to more sustainable systems.

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

polluted oxy vent with puffs. Endless slime for life.

That's not enough to run even a single distiller continuously. And a single distiller is not enough to feed a single pacu without the small portion trick.

If you want actual, working methods of mass farming slime, you need CPU-wrecking hordes of morbs and an overcrowded puft farm without grooming.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

It`s useful when you get trapped into using deoxydizers for too long. It takes a while to mine all the slime from the map so you can have those things running for a long time as long as you move away from dusk caps as food and have a need for algae. Might be kinda useful for pacu farms. Also don`t forget the polluted water. Sometimes it`s better as a water source than an algae porducer.

If we are considering water is primarily used to make food and a bristle blossom needs 50kg, whereas 10,7 kg slime is needed For same calories from dusk caps.

Then we can consider The distiller a water destroying plant.

If you on The other hand Feed your pacu.. then it needs 140kg algae/cycle meaning 210kg of slime / cycle. If the pacus are for lime then this can be viable short term, but not for Food.

The numbers are just way too unbalanced, 480kg of slime is way too much from what can be farmed from pufts and for such a small amount of algae, I even started killing morbs and just use the slime for mushroom farm, cause ain't worth frying cpu

I keep alluding to this, but you can get tons of oxygen just by letting slime gas off. It's a supply of oxygen built-in to your base that will last well beyond cycle 2000.

The only legitimate reason I can think of to distill slime is for some water and/or dirt. And if you're resorting to distillers for either of those, you probably just need to print fewer dupes :b

well. the major problem is the whole slimes pufts and morp problem.  because they don't generate enough slimes you end up having to increase your farming count on the pufts and morps and thus end up creating a major game lag.

I think if they balanced the pufts and morphs output a bit more, we can reduce the critter count.

3 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

I think if they balanced the pufts and morphs output a bit more, we can reduce the critter count.

For me the biggest problem with morbs is the amount of micro it takes to spawn enough of them.

But then I'd be more likely to just deodorize the morb farts directly instead of using pufts in the first place.

Again I can only see using pufts to create water, not algae. If you want oxygen you'll just plop down some deodorizers and skip the pufts.

14 minutes ago, avc15 said:

For me the biggest problem with morbs is the amount of micro it takes to spawn enough of them.

But then I'd be more likely to just deodorize the morb farts directly instead of using pufts in the first place.

Again I can only see using pufts to create water, not algae. If you want oxygen you'll just plop down some deodorizers and skip the pufts.

Probably the best choice, with regolith can run deodorizers forever for free oxygen

Yea, pufts don't seem to produce nearly enough slime for the distiller, and pacus seem to eat a stupid amount of algae.

8 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

polluted oxy vent with puffs. Endless slime for life.

My Polluted oxygen vent is at 932 F :(

Archived