Is this a bug with the Liquid Pump?

Can you attach the save file to see what is the problem?

Is possible that the bottom reservoir is over pressured and that prevent the liquid to flow. I need the save file to check. Try to make a bigger vent area of the reservoir.

But it`s still working. Even in the screenshot i can see that the water is flowing. The pipe blocked message is something that appears when the pipe is full and the pump can`t fit more water in. Here for some reason it appears without any reason like if the pump wanted to work faster than the pipe can handle. Seems like the message is refreshing too often. That`s the only bug here. The funcionallity is normal.

9 hours ago, xKOZI said:

This happens 10 out of 10 times! VERY frustrating! Very simple pipping but yet still blocked!
The red "Pipe Blocked" flicker in and out only on the liquid pump!

On a simple design like this there's very few things that can cause a blocked pipe.  There's a few possible items.

1) You're playing on 3x speed. Does it happen on normal speed?

2) Is there PH2O and H2O in the same area and what is the reservoir on the pump say is contained within it?

17 hours ago, tzionut said:

Is possible that the bottom reservoir is over pressured and that prevent the liquid to flow. I need the save file to check. Try to make a bigger vent area of the reservoir.

I've tried adding 3 additional vents. Still the same. Water flowing perfectly from output to input of the vents. YET, no water is actually coming out of the vents and the "Pipe Blocked" alert is still flickering twice a second..

17 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

But it`s still working. Even in the screenshot i can see that the water is flowing. The pipe blocked message is something that appears when the pipe is full and the pump can`t fit more water in. Here for some reason it appears without any reason like if the pump wanted to work faster than the pipe can handle. Seems like the message is refreshing too often. That`s the only bug here. The funcionallity is normal.

You're right! It's refreshing a lot. But everything else seems perfectly functional! Super confused. Google didn't help at all. Seems like i'm the only one with this issue.

15 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

On a simple design like this there's very few things that can cause a blocked pipe.  There's a few possible items.

1) You're playing on 3x speed. Does it happen on normal speed?

2) Is there PH2O and H2O in the same area and what is the reservoir on the pump say is contained within it?

Yes it's the same after reloading and at all speeds. It even has this issue with the Mini Pump. BUT if the pipes lead to a sink for example, it works fine! No blockage!

I've attached the save file for everyone to check it out! I feel like it's going to work fine on your copy of the game and not mine. But who know.

EDIT: NVM The sink doesn't work. This is game-breaking.

Lamentable Galaxy.sav

17 hours ago, tzionut said:

The top of the reservoir is open so pressure shouldnt be an issue until the liquid touches it or he somehow has 1000kg of oxygen blocking it, but usually the vent would have an icon letting you know that

1 hour ago, Djoums said:

I just tried your savegame, no flickering and no alert on my end, working as expected :confused:

I'm confused now...

56 minutes ago, tzionut said:

Same to me. The message is there but even in my game, i have the same message

Does it say that your pump is blocked?

1 minute ago, tzionut said:

yes all the pumps say this message but they work just fine

I've added more vents and tried every type of pipes and both the mini pump and the regular. Nothing comes out of any of the vents...

15 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Ok, very odd. I have an idea. Replace one segment with a pipe bridge...

Tried. Still the same.

9 hours ago, Slvrsrfr said:

I'm sorry, I can't help you. But, I just wanted to say what an interesting design. Not seen that yet. But, best of luck getting it to work. That's neat.

No Worries! Thanks anyways for taking the time to check out the thread.

2 hours ago, BlueLance said:

It could be that there is multiple ticks checking to see if there is space, if so then there is 5 ticks IIRC so it makes sense

I can't advance the game at all with this issue. Water is everything.

I can't advance the game at all with this issue. Water is everything.

Why? The pump works just fine, the water flow. The only thing is the message that the pump is blocked. And more. the message is sown only when you select the pump. What prevent you from playing? A simple message? 

5 hours ago, tzionut said:

Why? The pump works just fine, the water flow. The only thing is the message that the pump is blocked. And more. the message is sown only when you select the pump. What prevent you from playing? A simple message? 

Pretty sure the water's also not exiting the pipes?

33 minutes ago, CherryHavoc said:

I'm pretty sure this is unrelated, but what is the Sandbox button on the top left? I don't think my game has that?

I am running my game in debug mode, only so I can use alt + Z for super speed :p

If you create a new world instead of using the default, go to the right tab. There you can adjust how dupes behave a bit and also toggle sandbox mode, you can also set a world Gen seed. 

Archived