[Game Update] - 280367

• Developer
  • ArcadeMachine plays unique player one, player two, and co-op anims.
  • Recreation buildings now list their morale effects.
  • Water cooler and espresso machine now list their mass requirements.
  • Roles Screen: Show expectations on unemployed dupes; make dupe tooltips pop from the dupe name as well.
  • Rooms now explicitly mention the effects they have.
  • Storage lockers are now considered full if they have less than 0.5kg of space left. This should prevent dupes from attempting to top off storage lockers with just a few grams.

View full update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any joy on the "oxygen shuffle" ?

Noticed it's been still prevalent in this release.

OXYGEN SHUFFLE in British

(oxy'gen shoofle)

noun
British
The activity of frantically hopping between two nearby places in search of breathable oxygen. 
ex;
Otto was a great dupe until he killed himself doing the oxygen shuffle
Edited by Lifegrow
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Storage lockers are now considered full if they have less than 0.5kg of space left. This should prevent dupes from attempting to top off storage lockers with just a few grams.

Thank you ;)

Hope it means smart storage compactors are considered active following the same rule when just a small amount is missing.

Leveling dupes past job1 is now sub-optimal, because stress.

Growing mealwood is now sub-optimal because stress and heavy load on work

Most stress reducing builds are sub optimal because of insane power requirements.

Almost everything gives you stress.

I'm done with Oni until devs will fix Epressive Update mess. Game is no longer fun, it is now boring and tedious.

Edited by Technoincubus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

Leveling dupes past job1 is now sub-optimal, because stress.

Growing mealwood is now sub-optimal because stress and heavy load on work

Most stress reducing builds are sub optimal because of insane power requirements.

Almost everything gives you stress.

I'm done with Oni until devs will fix Epressive Update mess. Game is no longer fun, it is now boring and tedious.

Mealwood was always meant as early game food.  Many higher food options s require little to no power.  How does great hall with water cooler, bathrooms, and toilet rooms use a lot of power?  How does portraits require power?

Do you know you can disable stress as an option on a new game if it bothers you so much?

Edited by chemie
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chemie said:

Mealwood was always meant as early game food.  Many higher food options s require little to no power.  How does great hall with water cooler, bathrooms, and toilet rooms use a lot of power?  How does portraits require power?

Do you know you can disable stress as an option on a new game if it bothers you so much?

I have 500 hours in the game I know how things work here. And I know when they stop being fun. I'd rather not waste my time and see if devs will fix this mess and game won't be this horrible in the next update.

12 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

I have 500 hours in the game I know how things work here. And I know when they stop being fun. I'd rather not waste my time and see if devs will fix this mess and game won't be this horrible in the next update.

It's a shame you feel that way.  While I understand the sentiment, I really don't think the impact is that bad.  I had misgivings about the upgrade intent even in the 2 week roll out for it.  It doesn't add a lot that I enjoy, but it does create a balancing element that the game needed.  And really... it's not that big a deal.  I setup some schedules so only 2/3 dupes are trying to use the toilet simultaneously, I stopped trying to use mealwood more quickly, and I décor bombed the sleep areas, toilets, massage rooms, and some extra space for the dupes to party in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technoincubus said:

Pal you need to up your game or down the difficulty options and just stop ranting about it. Game is perfectly playable on hardest difficulty settings. If thinking is tedious and you want a casual experience just disable stress. 

1 hour ago, Scorpio King said:

Updated pushed back?

@Lifegrow Tell them to go to breathable area manualy, it does not happen that often and only on early stages of the game.

Not for me, any random po2 packet in the wrong place can cause dupe death...
If dupes prioritize going to areas of o2 greater than say 500g concentration that should fix these issues in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Technoincubus said:

I would have thought anyone with 500 hours in the game would not be concerned about having to migrate from mealwood usage at some point (having lived through periods of game development being only lice, only mushrooms, only bread...)

anyway enjoy the break

Edited by chemie

6 hours ago, Scorpio King said:

Updated pushed back?

@Lifegrow Tell them to go to breathable area manualy, it does not happen that often and only on early stages of the game.

Shouldn't have to buddy - that's not the solution to a busted dupe behaviour.

4 hours ago, Kabrute said:

Not for me, any random po2 packet in the wrong place can cause dupe death...
If dupes prioritize going to areas of o2 greater than say 500g concentration that should fix these issues in my opinion.

Indeed - was talking about it recently on stream after like the billionth occurrence - seems to me that dupes should just check for the nearest "patch" of oxygen, rather than a single tile.

I.e. it'd surely happen far less often if dupes looked for the nearest 3x3 of oxygen with more than 200g for example, rather than the nearest single tilespace. That would remove those moments where a dupe gets caught in an ice biome trying to find that elusive single pocket of O2.

@Cheerio Any thoughts ?

Edit* Prime example on tonights stream... The dupe was 2 tiles away from kilos of oxygen... 

https://clips.twitch.tv/HappyBraveOtterSSSsss

Edited by Lifegrow
  • Like 1