[MODS] Cairath's Mod Corner

13 hours ago, melquiades said:

Suggestion:

Can you make a terrarium that consumes CO2, water and some (very little) fertilizer exposed to light that could grow algae?

I still can't comprehend why terrariums "consume" algae.

How hard would it be to do this? 

SO sweet! Thanks a lot!

@Caraith Sorry to bother you, but Drywall Hides Pipes is also hiding paintings.

First time i used it it was working but only after i deconstructed and build drywalls again, now that i reloaded the game i got this:

5b6f1049ebc87_Capturadepantalla(3).thumb.png.6b5ec925896ba9777ed3998b3a99c692.png

I like the simplistic way it looks, but i can bet that wasn't intended xD

@melquiades I had someone report it to me, but due to a very wonky nature of the bug (it acts differently every time you reload the game -- and I personally have only had problems with plants) I opted in for creating a separate wall object that hides pipes (but can mess up art) and leave the original drywall without change, so that you can use the normal drywall and only use the modified ones where you have pipes to hide. The separate objects (wall&tempshift plate) are in the mod with a very graceful name DrywallAndTempshiftHidePipesSeparateObjects

I'll update the readme to clarify that

And if something doesn't work/breaks, feel free to bother me :p

Edited by Cairath

It's possible that I published the correct dll but messed up the code by accident after building it (there was one line missing), I could have sworn it worked in the morning but didn't in the evening (I rebuilt the dll with the wrong code..) It was early morning so everything could have happened :p

Better safe than sorry, don't want people to crash on load :p

Optional as in non-mandatory (like normal terrariums, it'll use co2 if it's around but will work without it)

I've done little to no changes except for adding algae output, stats as follows

e20304ad5e.png + won't work if there is no light

If you come up with something more sensible let me know and I can tweak it for you

Making it so it is mass neutral, and making it similar to a plant where it gets its mass from CO2 and water, i came up with this:

if you want to make it so it produces 15g/s algae:

44 g/s CO2 + 18 g/s H2O + 2 g/s fertilizer = 15 g/s biomass + 47 g/s O2

The water gets consumed in the process and transformed to oxygen, so there is no polluted water. The CO2 would be transformed to algae with fertilizer and the water's hydrogen.

Maybe it could produce less algae per second but keeping those proportions.

It could also not produce algae per second but instead how about having to harvest it?

Doesn't algae technically use something (mass/energy) to grow?

The 5kg chunks drop was requested by someone else, but I like your idea. Today I have lots of rl things that need taking care of, but I can tweak the mod tomorrow

10 minutes ago, Cairath said:

Doesn't algae technically use something (mass/energy) to grow?

The 5kg chunks drop was requested by someone else, but I like your idea. Today I have lots of rl things that need taking care of, but I can tweak the mod tomorrow

Yes exactly, it uses the mass from the CO2 and the hydrogen of water, the leftover oxygen from water gets expelled.

I don't mind it dropping it in chunks, i am quite happy already from being able to grow algae =D

Edit: Welp i screwed that calculation up xD

ill fix it in a bit

Revised stats would be something like this:

13.75 g/s CO2 + 5.625 g/s H2O + 0.625 g/s fertilizer = 15 g/s algae + 5 g/s O2

Tried to make it equimolar.

Edited by melquiades

54 minutes ago, melquiades said:

Yes exactly, it uses the mass from the CO2 and the hydrogen of water, the leftover oxygen from water gets expelled.

I don't mind it dropping it in chunks, i am quite happy already from being able to grow algae =D

Edit: Welp i screwed that calculation up xD

ill fix it in a bit

Revised stats would be something like this:

13.75 g/s CO2 + 5.625 g/s H2O + 0.625 g/s fertilizer = 15 g/s algae + 5 g/s O2

Tried to make it equimolar.

I have thought about having the water and a bit of algae apart of the building requirements and removing them from what need to produce. like in real life. thoughts?

maybe add a little bit of power to say that it collects the newly grown algae

Edited by Seeker89

In the meantime, a few days ago I've uploaded a decor lights pack made from unused assets in the game: 4 lights -salt lamp, lava lamp (the lava moves!), fixed ceiling lamp from POIs and a wall lamp. Only the first two give decor, but don't question my naming choices :p  Light offsets are ~0.5 tile off, I'll be fixing them sometime soon/today   fixed

Spoiler

762786bd3f.png

Edited by Cairath

@Cairath hey now that i see those lamps (they are really good looking!) i thought that, regular light can't be used for growing, so, how about making a new kind of lamp, a "sun lamp" for growing the algae?, it would consume quite a lot more power and would output quite a lot more luxes. It would make growing algae a bit more difficult though, something you would do mid-late game.

I leave to you to do the magic for the building to detect the lux levels xD

@melquiades I rebalanced the grower using your numbers. As to sun lamps, I don't want to get into that level, at least not while bristles can be grown using normal light. The grower won't "die" without CO2 but production will be halted. Algae will be dropped in 5kg chunks

Just like any other filter. Input, output, secondary filtered output in the middle (as noted the second output icon does not show). None of the outputs can be backed up for the filter to work. more details here: