[MODS] Cairath's Mod Corner

Hi there!, Are you still open for suggestions?

Cause i would really love to see insulated rail conveyors!.

I had my colony freeze and i had no idea why... and it turned out it was the sleet wheat seeds traveling from my farm to the storage room.

I would also like to ship igneous rock debris from the one side of the map to the other without cooking the colony, and without the need of dupes to carry them (so they don't drop the scorching hot pieces right in the middle of liquid locks and making a mess).

And i am also convinced that less temp exchange calculations improve performace, it worked on my old colony of the base game in which i plastered insulation everywhere i could, on some massive liquid and gas pipes i had all over the map.

Lights Out Darkness revisited is crashing?

MissingMethodException: !4 StateMachine`4/Parameter`1.Set(!4,!1)
at BucketUpdater`1[DataType].Update (DataType data, System.Single dt) [0x00000] in <1b5c2ff4f53d4a48b7159ed84d905978>:0
at UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1[DataType].Update (System.Single dt) [0x00090] in <1b5c2ff4f53d4a48b7159ed84d905978>:0
at StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.AdvanceOneSubTick (System.Single dt) [0x0002d] in <1b5c2ff4f53d4a48b7159ed84d905978>:0
at StateMachineUpdater.AdvanceOneSimSubTick () [0x00025] in <1b5c2ff4f53d4a48b7159ed84d905978>:0
at Game.SimEveryTick (System.Single dt) [0x0006c] in <cb20703507b14eea8088dbc44abf7f85>:0
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Game.Game.Update_Patch1(Game)

Hi

I have a CTD with the "wireless automation" mod enabled. Here are the details:

Mod version: 2022.10.10.0
Mod Updater: Used, no effect.
Local download: Yes, still CTD
Mod Conflict: All other mods disabled, still CTD
Game version: Spaced Out! DLC
Game build: U49-575720-SD
Steam game file integrity check: Yes, performed steam game file integrity check, all files verified.

Note: The mod was working earlier today so there was probably an update which caused the CTD

Player.log ONI Splash Screen Error log.txt

12 hours ago, James8795 said:

Hello the Tool Not included's Server is missing, down or broken i hope you can get it working again. also hope this is ok to type here.

It's gone for good.

The project was archived on GitHub a while back, indicating the developer lost interest. Now, there's a rumor circulating that the developer missed a payment to the host, resulting in the deletion of everything. The developer was reluctant to share the database and program code before this incident and there are claims that there are no backups. Whether this is true or just a tactic to deter people from requesting the data remains uncertain.

In light of this, I've started a new thread with the idea of establishing a replacement service.

What I'm primarily lacking is a method or mod to generate a substantial number of savegames for data harvesting purposes.

Edited by Commander Steps
Formatting

Indeed, Heroku's recent move is questionable in my opinion.

However, had she been more willing to share the database (also considered the substantial contributions from the community), such an incident might have been avoided.

All we can do now is derive lessons from this situation. I am currently developing a replacement service for the seed browser.

While it may not boast the same polished and advanced features as ToolsNotIncluded, as I am not a web developer and lack expertise in CSS styling, it will be entirely open source with automated database dumps accessible to everyone.

I firmly believe in the principles of open source in general. In this specific instance, I believe a community-built database should be accessible to the community.

• Like 1

Great news! Thanks for letting me know!

Now, there's no need to develop a replacement service, especially considering it would have been less refined and, of course, would have started from scratch in terms of data collection.

I'm considering transforming what I've already created into an ONI save game viewer similar to Duplicity and wrapping up this chapter. It has been a valuable learning experience.

Edit: Done.
stefan-oltmann.de/oni-seed-browser contains a note and directs users to stefan-oltmann.de/oni-save-parser. That's all for now. If TNI indeed returns, there's no immediate action required. However, if it doesn't, we can revisit the matter at that time. With the input SGT_Imalas gave me and the mod he made parsing save files might not have been the best approach anyway.

Does the Wallpaper from the Wallpaper mod act like a tempshift plate?  Ergo, help distribute temperature around more?

And if so, I'm guessing that building it out of metal would help even more?

On 1/8/2024 at 9:37 PM, Etrit1 said:

Does the Wallpaper from the Wallpaper mod act like a tempshift plate?  Ergo, help distribute temperature around more?

No, it does not.  It doesn't appear to transfer heat at all, actually. 

I have wallpaper that I built hundreds of cycles ago that is the same temperature now as it was when I built it.   It's actually the most annoying thing about the mod, because it screws up the temperature overlay.  Once you build wallpaper, the temperature shown for the area on the overlay is whatever temperature the material used for the wallpaper was at the time you built it.

Even if it did have temperature transfer, wallpaper has such a low mass it would still not be useful for that purpose (wallpaper is 5 kg, vs. the 800 kg of a tempshift plate.)  That's the reasons why tempshift plates cost so much material.  Mass is very important for temperature transfer and dispersal.

50 minutes ago, Jaggid Edje said:

It doesn't appear to transfer heat at all, actually. 

I just wanted to circle back to correct myself.  Wallpaper does transfer heat...it's Abyssalite wallpaper that I've built that causes the temperature overlay issue.  So that's the Abysallite properties causing it to be the same temp for hundreds of cycles, not the wallpaper.

Regardless though, as I also said, it's only 5 kg of mass, so it has no useful functionality for temperature transfer or dispersal.  Still, it is one of my favorite mods.  It is freaking awesome being able to 'paint' your backwall with something cheap and quick to build that has a wide range of color options.  I use it all over the place.  Even slime makes a nice wall covering, if you want a green room.  (No offgassing occurs).

HI there, i like your algae grower mod quite a bit, it is a efficient way of producing algae without relaying on puffs that feels mostly fair and balanced, it is greatly appreciated. The only thing i was a bit sad about was the fact it looks exactly the same as the algae terrarium, but i do understand it takes a lot of effort to make new assets and that is why i am willing to help, if you let me. 

Atatched bellow is are two little artworks i made for a possible new desing, which can be changed and eventually animated.

Spoiler

algaegrower(on)_20240406203355.png.272000a95e0b8328e552f0394e6eb0c5.pngalgaegrower(off)_20240406231835.png.26530c77fa6634bee1de3bfcad0daf66.png

• Like 1