[Game Update] - 278511

The 'looking behind them' animation when they are on an edge is cute but it really slows down the digging work quite a bit.  Maybe an RNG so they do it less often?  It's easy to end up with two diggers with only one working as the other hops along the top of the marked tiles doing the animation repeatedly then jumping to the next tile as the one under their feet is dug out.

Generally yes, jumping is better than falling.  The issue is with the new animation dropping their productivity to zero when digging in teams as one digs from the 'ground' while any dupe standing on the ordered dig area just animates, jumps, animates, jumps ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, malloc said:

Generally yes, jumping is better than falling.  The issue is with the new animation dropping their productivity to zero when digging in teams as one digs from the 'ground' while any dupe standing on the ordered dig area just animates, jumps, animates, jumps ...

Yes sure, but then change the way you dig. Before animation patch they "hoovered" away unlogically.

I love the fact that you guys are willing to push out a simple quick fix for something like this. Instead of rolling it into a larger patch, sending it off to QA having it bundled into DLC and then be canceled a day before release only to be fixed by a disgruntled former employee that just got laid off and is like, "it would have taken five minutes to patch!"

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bargeral said:

I love the fact that you guys are willing to push out a simple quick fix for something like this. 

Same here. Takes real skill to do that successfully, but so far the coding work as Klei impresses me pretty much. Best way to code is still in a small team of people that really know what they are doing.

13 hours ago, Cheerio said:
  • First version of the schedule editing system is in. This is still under development but you can now give it a try and let us know what you think!

View full update

Good news, I did not read the previous memo!

(meaning, I do not read the dev log, and this announcement did not make it to general discussion thread)

Edited by Argelle
  • Like 1

I quite like having a day-shift and a night-shift. Always somebody on the hamster-wheel ;)

I also like how dupes now express their appreciation of food-quality. Makes feeding them mush-bars twice as much fun!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gurgel said:

I quite like having a day-shift and a night-shift. Always somebody on the hamster-wheel ;)

I also like how dupes now express their appreciation of food-quality. Makes feeding them mush-bars twice as much fun!

What's this shift thing you speak of?  I've killed the sleep schedule, so Dupes only stop working for bathroom breaks and when they hit 0% stamina.  My minions are working harder than ever with the new sleep schedule.  Oh, they hate me, yes they do, but this is what you do with an Oompa-Loompa dupe.  Shove them in a massage chair now again, stare at the screamer painting while you do it, so you know what's coming.  BACK TO WORK!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

What's this shift thing you speak of?  I've killed the sleep schedule, so Dupes only stop working for bathroom breaks and when they hit 0% stamina.  My minions are working harder than ever with the new sleep schedule.  Oh, they hate me, yes they do, but this is what you do with an Oompa-Loompa dupe.  Shove them in a massage chair now again, stare at the screamer painting while you do it, so you know what's coming.  BACK TO WORK!

My dupes refuse to stand up quick, when i give them one block leisure/sleeping time and work shift begins!
They "steal" an extra block freetime..

3 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

My dupes refuse to stand up quick, when i give them one block leisure/sleeping time and work shift begins!
They "steal" an extra block freetime..

My dupes only eat when they're starving because I've removed all leisure time.  I'm basically stress testing the scheduler results and what I can get away with.  What I'm finding is you can be an absolute dictator as long as you plaster enough art at key places... and I'm not even using much of that, either.

Edited by WanderingKid
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

My dupes only eat when they're starving because I've removed all leisure time.  I'm basically stress testing the scheduler results and what I can get away with.  What I'm finding is you can be an absolute dictator as long as you plaster enough art at key places... and I'm not even using much of that, either.

image.thumb.png.61660524cd18e8bbd84596d17e041ebd.png

Here's a suitable idea for a naming convention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, martosss said:

https://www.prisonerresource.com/life-in-prison/inmates-prisoners-convicts-difference/

I dunno, " The term prisoner is neutral since it doesn’t denote a willingness to obey the prison administration’s desires and whims "

feels like prisoner is pretty suitable in this case.

According to the webpage you provided:

Somehow the term inmate is perceived as denoting an obedient dog, and one that is called “Dog,” not its actual name.

That are exactly my dupes! ;)

If they don't obey they go to a dark, closed room with a hamster wheel. They spend there their last days producing power for me.

9 minutes ago, Yucie said:

The fear at this point is that dupes may be able to go on strike or establish a union in a future patch.

Not on my watch!

Edited by Angpaur

1 hour ago, WanderingKid said:

This remind me emergency shift in frostpunk.

17 minutes ago, Yucie said:

The fear at this point is that dupes may be able to go on strike or establish a union in a future patch.

after emergency shift too much they throw me out.

I'm starting to think the stamina system is going to need an adjustment.  I can get a day and a half of labor out of a dupe, he sleeps the bare minimum necessary to 100%, and he's back up and running.  While probably not a huge deal, it is a significant difference on day 1 build orders to be able to get your bathrooms AND bedrooms up in a non-debris filled area before first sleep.

However, I also think there's something going on with the RNG for dupe choices.  I feel like at least two of them, and usually all three, have one of the traits I consider an immediate NOPE.  Heavy Breather, Bottomless Stomach, Anemic, Narcoleptic (though this could be funny with the whole no sleep thing), Unbuildable,  and... errr… something else, but anyway, there seems to be a new weighting system.  This could just be the RNG running me over, but it feels weighted.  I don't see anything in any of the patch notes that would show this, though.

1 hour ago, WanderingKid said:

I'm starting to think the stamina system is going to need an adjustment.  I can get a day and a half of labor out of a dupe, he sleeps the bare minimum necessary to 100%, and he's back up and running.  While probably not a huge deal, it is a significant difference on day 1 build orders to be able to get your bathrooms AND bedrooms up in a non-debris filled area before first sleep.

However, I also think there's something going on with the RNG for dupe choices.  I feel like at least two of them, and usually all three, have one of the traits I consider an immediate NOPE.  Heavy Breather, Bottomless Stomach, Anemic, Narcoleptic (though this could be funny with the whole no sleep thing), Unbuildable,  and... errr… something else, but anyway, there seems to be a new weighting system.  This could just be the RNG running me over, but it feels weighted.  I don't see anything in any of the patch notes that would show this, though.

You missed the flatulent farters ... I'd actually consider narcoleptic a nice thing, though - they sleep and decrease stress, gain stamina, and you can always poke them and wake them if you hear the snoring(unless they've hidden in a dark corner where you can't hear them).