Do you think the Longhair Slickster should be changed?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Longhair Slickster should be changed?

• Nah, leave 'em as they are.
    • Change them! They're useless!

12 hours ago, goboking said:
  Hide contents

I'm unfamiliar with DS.  Mind elaborating?

Waaaat?! Blasphemy! :wilson_ecstatic:

The rabbits in Don't Starve are passive critters, they won't attack when attacked, and they also run away when approached. 

Spoiler

They usually scream when a player approaches...

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Waaaat?! Blasphemy! :wilson_ecstatic:

The rabbits in Don't Starve are passive critters, they won't attack when attacked, and they also run away when approached. 

Reveal hidden contents

They usually scream when a player approaches...

Cool.  Thanks.

Longhairs are really useful now because Decor is more crucial than ever before. With Critters-dropoffs and some Ranchery magic, you can easily reach ridicilously high Decor levels when you leave them in your rooms without the need of a Critter-feeder as they breathe the same stuff as Duplicants does so you can put them in Bedrooms and such. 

When ranched, they breathe half as much as A duplicant, however, when you move them into your rooms, you won't groom them, which makes them Glum so they will consume less Oxygen, making them less of a nuisance. 

On 6/21/2018 at 2:15 PM, BlueLance said:

Yeah, but what next? if you have critters doing everything, filling in every need then that's kinda pointless. There should be critters that are pests as well.

I believe you just got really good at the game, when i didn't use coal generators much i considered hatches as annoying pests, and they really bothered me when ever they spawn on areas i didn't manage to cleari my resources from yet. Pufts and Morps were a KOS you disease spreading squishy rats. 

IF they are planning to expand on the debug worlds as the release product then i see no reason why the game should be heavily balanced on the default world, which would end up to be the easy mode. and make it so there is alternative world generation, one which could be heavily make us focused on pets i am all for critters that can do anything. they could even use them in reverse, may be in helicona water slickester spawn more in the frozen world, and you have to breed them for the oil ones since there is none. 

On 8/12/2018 at 9:58 AM, Oozinator said:

Art spam before update.
Art spam after update.
Nothing changed.

Well. Heavi-watt still got awful decor which may throw someone at negative Average Decor in an instant. I usually made industrial areas in bad decor because it only was a petty +10% stress, it recovered with ease in my homes where the -20% negated it. Now that isn't a flawless strategy.

The thing here is that more than +45 decor actually got a purpose now, since Average Decor A Cycle seems to go up faster in ridicilously decorated areas. So Shinebugs and Longhairs got *a* purpose. Art Spam, sure, Art Spam and critters though will make it stay at a good Average Decor more safely.

35 minutes ago, Alfons100 said:

....Now that isn't a flawless strategy....

The thing here is that more than +45 decor actually got a purpose now, since Average Decor A Cycle seems to go up faster in ridicilously decorated areas...

Game is in the current dev status to casual and easy for me and some stuff is for sure a bit complicated, but raising average decor, for sure not..

image.thumb.png.47e49730b49ff9eb777aafa32b84354b.png

Archived