Is it possible to go beyond Sammy?

Alarsin

So, Sammy and his wagon block you from getting to another marshy area north of spawn. And it is a pretty big chunk of land, it would be just weird to have it there for no reason. Is there any way to get there?

That's something I'd like to know as well. Although most players wouldn't care about it, the ones aiming for the leader board would probably be taunted to no end by Sammy and all those precious logs behind him.

It's a good thing merms can't be attacked in this game or else Sammy would have to look into life insurance.

Is the wagon flammable? If yes, then you can theoretically make a line of logs from the campfire in the pig village to the wagon; the fire would eventually get to Sammy and burn his wagon. 

Maybe you can somehow interact with the urns and statues in the sugarwoods park?

maybe you could chase a scared beefalo into it..? Put a seeded bird trap in it? Definitely seems like there's a path past there though.... Isn't there a way to zoom out and see the full map like somebody did in the Forge?

Edit: perhaps there's some food hinted in his dialogue we can give him to get past him?

31 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Is the wagon flammable? If yes, then you can theoretically make a line of logs from the campfire in the pig village to the wagon; the fire would eventually get to Sammy and burn his wagon. 

Maybe you can somehow interact with the urns and statues in the sugarwoods park?

First thing I tried when someone showed me the death by fire thing. Can't kill beef with it either or make charcoal from the trees. I also tried the slaughter tool on Sammy but he just doesn't want to let us back there. I like to imagine there's a cartoonish pile of gold behind him somewhere from all the seed sales.

sadness is a warm feeling.jpg

4 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

Death by fire? Never heard of that, how do you even do that in the Gorge?

There's a campfire next to the Elder Boar. If you get it on max fuel and put something flammable close to it, it will ignite, just like in the normal game. Stand in the fire and you'll die eventually from fire damage.

So, i zoomed all the way out to check what was beyond there, and shockingly, it's...

Spoiler

Nothing but trees.

nothingmuch.thumb.png.7dba8b93de77d7fc0d0e74dc69965010.png

So it's pretty much what Tumalu said, just there to for detail mostly. Could also be that they had something planned but just scrapped it, I dunno.

46 minutes ago, bubben16 said:

So, i zoomed all the way out to check what was beyond there, and shockingly, it's...

Hide contents

Nothing but trees.

nothingmuch.thumb.png.7dba8b93de77d7fc0d0e74dc69965010.png

So it's pretty much what Tumalu said, just there to for detail mostly. Could also be that they had something planned but just scrapped it, I dunno.

Aw, I had more things I wanted to try. Oh well back to putting rocks in all the cooking equipment.

On 6/18/2018 at 1:50 PM, bubben16 said:

Same applies to the Forge. Lot of blocky elements in the distance but nothing of importance.

On 6/18/2018 at 4:21 PM, Alarsin said:

So, Sammy and his wagon block you from getting to another marshy area north of spawn. And it is a pretty big chunk of land, it would be just weird to have it there for no reason. Is there any way to get there?

That's the area You are not supposed to see, hypothetically there's the rest of the very big world (Maybe including some ruins of very big city), but because we are not supposed to go to there, it doesn't exist in-game, but I'm sure that story includes it.

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Same applies to the Forge. Lot of blocky elements in the distance but nothing of importance.

And, like for the forge, there's a rest of a big world that "story world" includes it.

Archived