Hey. I pulled this topic out bec i remember back then wigfrid came out she can eat only meat and no vegies. So people been askin lot times to Klei add new character whos vegan. And when i saw this Event comming and goatmen in there it would be amazing to have a new character who Goatman and cant eat meat bec hes goat. Only vegies he eats. So he can eat some stuff that playiers cant eat like grass, twigs. Even hats or some stuff like goats usually do xD . So it would be amazing for Klai make this new character for game.

But i dont know what kinda of traits hed give for gaming like other characters have. What ya think? 

Just now, Plebgod said:

make him a trash can being able to eat all the low durability item,especially all the useless items you would get from the gifts related to the christmas tree and klaus

Goatman: "hold 1% golden showel. What do? Eats it*" hunger from 5 to 105

1 hour ago, Plebgod said:

make him a trash can being able to eat all the low durability item,especially all the useless items you would get from the gifts related to the christmas tree and klaus

B3929841-B71C-4F7B-A4E3-19F4C44F1323.thumb.jpeg.43fb5e3eacede56b5e8a48fbfe700900.jpeg

Danny Devito is that you?

1 hour ago, NorthicaN said:

And when i saw this Event comming and goatmen in there it would be amazing to have a new character who Goatman and cant eat meat bec hes goat. Only vegies he eats.

These two sentences cracked me up for some reason. Cool idea, but you know who are also vegetarians??? Merms! I’ve been into swamp bases recently, which has given me a new appreciation for merms. Yes, they are pointlessly territorial (nobody cares about their rundown houses, when the pigs’ houses are so fancy), and sometimes I have to fence in my neighbors to keep them from getting too shirty with me about it, but they don’t have whatever that weird phobia is that the pigs have where you can’t stand near them unless you bribe them with meat. A merm character is the obvious next place to go.

7 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

These two sentences cracked me up for some reason. Cool idea, but you know who are also vegetarians??? Merms! I’ve been into swamp bases recently, which has given me a new appreciation for merms. Yes, they are pointlessly territorial (nobody cares about their rundown houses, when the pigs’ houses are so fancy), and sometimes I have to fence in my neighbors to keep them from getting too shirty with me about it, but they don’t have whatever that weird phobia is that the pigs have where you can’t stand near them unless you bribe them with meat. A merm character is the obvious next place to go.

Maybe these corrupted merm we always knew were actually goats?xD i was actually thinking bec when i saw trailer the merm were friendly still there so i think it took sometime until their brains corupted. It looks like clear now why the merm are vegans. xD

It’s true that a few characters in the animation seem to have scales, but that doesn’t mean that the plague is for sure going to be turning creatures into merms. The goat man hiding his hand could be a merm in a goat man costume. I know Shipwrecked isn’t exactly canon, but the merms there have really nice houses, nicer than the pigs’ houses in the base game. Meanwhile, volt goats got nothing, and are just beasts living in the wild. I would like a character who could befriend merms by feeding them a mushroom or something. Pigs of course would automatically hate this character, because merms and pigs really have it in for each other for some reason. But bunnymen would not, because they don’t have a problem with merms. It’s just pigs. I’d like to know the history behind that, tbh

2 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

It’s true that a few characters in the animation seem to have scales, but that doesn’t mean that the plague is for sure going to be turning creatures into merms. The goat man hiding his hand could be a merm in a goat man costume. I know Shipwrecked isn’t exactly canon, but the merms there have really nice houses, nicer than the pigs’ houses in the base game. Meanwhile, volt goats got nothing, and are just beasts living in the wild. I would like a character who could befriend merms by feeding them a mushroom or something. Pigs of course would automatically hate this character, because merms and pigs really have it in for each other for some reason. But bunnymen would not, because they don’t have a problem with merms. It’s just pigs. I’d like to know the history behind that, tbh

Intresting yea. When i was looking back the trailer i saw the creature gave key to wilson was all this time a Swamp pig and his hads were scaly too like starting to turn into merm. So in my belief these merms in current world could be any other creature. Like Maxwell said when he got into the world these merms were already there before him and pigs came later with pig king out of no where.

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

I'd love a trash eater for a character. Get rid of my rot, bee stingers, and all the other items that I can't burn.

That'd actually be kinda useful--can we at least have that as a pet feature?  Although technically you can burn rot.  After I've used all the rot I need for booster shots to save away for a deathy day and fertilized whatever needs fertilizing with it, I tend to feed the rest of it into my fling-o-matic.  Sure, it doesn't fuel it much, but when you have a whole LOT of the stuff...

Stingers, however...yeah they tend to pile up.  :\

EDIT:  Also I've tried playing as a vegetarian character (Winnie) seen others play her and...it does NOT go well in winter.  We were literally down to "I found a birchnut that was still lying around...if you cook it it won't be _too_ rotten..."  (She's awesome for farming but only in the seasons where farming EXISTS!)

...Notorious

26 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

EDIT:  Also I've tried playing as a vegetarian character (Winnie) seen others play her and...it does NOT go well in winter.  We were literally down to "I found a birchnut that was still lying around...if you cook it it won't be _too_ rotten..."  (She's awesome for farming but only in the seasons where farming EXISTS!)

...Notorious

This is likey why they reworked Winnie into Wigfrid. 

34 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

EDIT:  Also I've tried playing a vegetarian character (Winnie) seen others play her and...it does NOT go well in winter.  We were literally down to "I found a birchnut that was still lying around...if you cook it it won't be _too_ rotten..."  (She's awesome for farming but only in the seasons where farming EXISTS!)

...Notorious

But ya know when i said goat man it dosnt mean he/she can eat only vegans goats known for eating anything they can find so it can work out, though if they add more food in the game, like goat man is like trash eater, eats stingers, and any other stuff and even items what are lower than 10%. And would be amazing like you have showel cost 2 gold 4 twigs eats it get back 1 gold nugget and twigs give hunger like +20 one twig +5 hunger. But any meat food he cant eat

Yeah I wasn't actually saying that a goatman WOULD necessarily be a true vegetarian?  Just that it doesn't play well when you do try that. : P  Also earlier in the thread somebody was talking about the goatperson being vegan, so...kinda responded to that.  Heh.

I'd rather go with the idea of the goatperson who can eat bee stingers and 1% weapons, really...

(Although that's also why I got the "Auto-Re-equip Weapon" mod.  Have a full spear AND the one that's already worn out in your inventory, and tada! you can safely use the 5% one up without being left weaponless for a second in mid-battle.  Of course, on console that won't help...)

...Notorious

12 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Yeah I wasn't actually saying that a goatman WOULD necessarily be a true vegetarian?  Just that it doesn't play well when you do try that. : P  Also earlier in the thread somebody was talking about the goatperson being vegan, so...kinda responded to that.  Heh.

I'd rather go with the idea of the goatperson who can eat bee stingers and 1% weapons, really...

...Notorious

It would be cool if they put a garden that only goatman can build like winter garden has like glass box around and machinery next like stuff you need for it is like 6 guano, 1 gears and 2 these yellow elictricy things forgot how its called. Like it would be cool that the vegan character has his own survival crafts for winter

if you wanna get rid of all 1% equipment you can plant a lureplant near your base and just give the eyeplants your trash.

eyeplants don't grow on crafted turfs (and some other turfs) so if your base is covered with wood planks for example they won't grow there, so what you can do is leave one space in your base unturfed for them to grow on, and like that the eyeplant can be used for garbage disposal.

but be careful cuz they might hit you.

Archived