An easy Glossy Drecko Ranch

3 hours ago, turbonl64 said:

Dupes can reach every plant, but have to crawl in the very narrow space which is build this way to maximize the 96 tiles a ranch allows

Can dupes deliver dirt to the farm tiles from below?  nvm I didn't saw the other posts for some reason

In the images I have 8 Drecko 1 baby and 1 egg. From my practical experience I can sustain 8 Glossy Dreckos with 16 plants that would make 2 plants per Drecko. Maybe some bug?

I switched from mealwood to blossoms because I have no other use to cool water and not a lot of dirt.

On 07/06/2018 at 10:40 PM, XEVEN said:

Polymer press is so much easier IMO.

With my design/farm the dreckos are easier, I start them as early as possible and generate plastic quite early, without the heat or need for complex set ups

I made an attempt at my own euhm "slightly" more complicated Glossy Drecko Ranch:

So basically my reasoning was: how can I maximize the cells with hydrogen while still keeping the mealwood in carbon dioxide. The result is a enormously dupe unfriendly set up. Dupes can reach every plant, but have to crawl in the very narrow space which is build this way to maximize the 96 tiles a ranch allows. It is enough food for 5 glossy drecko's.

3 vents and 3 pressure sensors are to ensure enough carbon dioxide is staying at the bottom. The flow tiles basically don't held any other purpose than to ensure the room stays at 96 tiles. The shearing and grooming stations ended up being in an almost separate side room (again a result of getting the 96 tiles down), with a small crawl space to get the drecko's in.

It works quite well I have to say. I am currently wondering if I could move tiles around to put in auto sweepers and automate the plants. It's tempting though not to do it, given my dupes need their morning cardio :D.

Imo, ur dupes deserve increment their strength after visiting that farm.

20 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

@Kabrute wanted to get an opinion on a glossy drecko ranch I been working on after I found out dreckos won't pass though 2 tile deep water.

Oops I edited this mesage instead of the last one lol. Soz Neo Also i think its only two water tiles, I dont think they have to be two deep, even two wide seems to stop them? I will check when I am home cuz i have two dreckos that crammed themselves into a corner in the wild.

8 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

How to make an infinite sized stable (Will probably be fixed)

I want to keep them tamed,  happy, and producing phosphorite so I doubt that will work

10 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

How to not need to use pnuematic doors (Exploit? I am not sure)

room would get too big lol

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I want to keep them tamed,  happy, and producing phosphorite so I doubt that will work

The grooming station etc all work even outside of a stable, there is no debuff other than the red symbol saying not in a stable.

4 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

room would get too big lol

Use glass tiles instead of pneumatic doors.

I am sure you can make some better and more interesting designs with that instead of doors ;)

6 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

They work through them, hence why i suggested it

Really? I'll have to check that

47 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Oops I edited this mesage instead of the last one lol. Soz Neo Also i think its only two water tiles, I dont think they have to be two deep, even two wide seems to stop them?

I checked and they do need to be 2 deep.  I made one 1 deep and 2 wide, they still crossed

Just now, Neotuck said:

Really? I'll have to check that

Yeah, I have them in my current glossy drecko farm, I was trying to let light through to the bottom and have my buildings on the top, and the sweeper started picking up stuff under it all. Suits me fine, maybe they work in the same way as light. Cuz light used to pass through airflow tiles etc and so did sweeper arms

Just now, BlueLance said:

Yeah, I have them in my current glossy drecko farm, I was trying to let light through to the bottom and have my buildings on the top, and the sweeper started picking up stuff under it all. Suits me fine, maybe they work in the same way as light. Cuz light used to pass through airflow tiles etc and so did sweeper arms

That might get patched

2 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

That might get patched

Yeah i did say its a kind of exploit :p unless they are OPEN windows... I do expect it to get patched though and same goes to the grooming station working even if the room isnt a stable

3 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Less travel time to take care of the same amount of critters.

Multiple rangers.

3 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Less electricity if using automation

AFAIK power usage is per pick up.

4 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

shearing station

Similar as above.

5 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

less places to fill up with food

Not the case with Drecos. Also you don't need to fill up as often.

Any other advantages? 

Archived