An easy Glossy Drecko Ranch

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

What do you guys think?

That looks pretty solid.  I prefer mine more compact to try to stack more ranches, though, and I still use mealwood.  This is a design I've been tinkering with and I'm still working on putting into play during normal gameplay.  It should feed 7 glossy with 21 plants.  I found I needed a return loop on the shipping for rotten meal lice and eggs.

PWxnGlh.jpg

5rQt9u8.jpg

mN2fNSS.jpg

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Ok @BlueLance and @Kabrute  I have upgraded the design with glass.

It's the full 96 tile room with 24 bristles so each drecko has 3 each.

Also there are 5 places the dreckos can reach the ceiling allowing more time in hydrogen. 

What do you guys think?

5b438f4d419af_glossdrecko2.thumb.png.0fc9c18b163fa7860736b89fde4846cf.png

The 2-water block finding is very interesting.  Dreckos seem to get out a lot.

It's good that you unblocked at least one side.  Your earlier version that blocked pathing on the ceiling where 90% of the hydrogen space is was making me a bit twitchy. 

Even blocking one side looks like it makes whistling time a bit long in some cases, though.

Consider the two glossies in the upper right: They need to path over 60% or 70% of the total room circumference to reach the grooming station.  At the very least, I'd consider switching the places of the shearing and grooming stations, since grooming is done a lot more often so minimizing whistling distance there has a bigger impact.

My own ranch experiments from my current game -- the lower one I've been using for some time, while the upper one was built this weekend:

Spoiler

bAkaddR.jpg?1

Both are a bit overcrowded at the moment due to a population explosion I had while not paying attention, and that's not really where those pufts are supposed to be, either..

4 minutes ago, Vim Razz said:

Even blocking one side looks like it makes whistling time a bit long in some cases, though.

I said there are 5 places the dreckos can reach the ceiling 

They can jump the gap under the loaders

gloss drecko2b.png

Just now, Neotuck said:

I said there are 5 places the dreckos can reach the ceiling 

They can jump the gap under the loaders

That's very good to know, thanks.  I was unaware that they could hop that.

Archived