While on the subject. I should mention that any building that has an integrated floor, for example solar panel or steam turbine, might get damaged by meteorites but they make up an unbreakable shield none-the-less without needing to make any steel at all.

27 minutes ago, brockmasters said:

may I confirm that bunker titles truly are indestructible by meteors? or will they eventually require repair?

also what happens if I completed wall off the top of my base? do the meteors still come if the debris fills to the tops of the game?

Bunker tiles take no damage. No repairs needed.

In CU the regolith used to build up at the top but it seems that now the asteroids will destroy more of it than they create so you will have some chunks of it randomly on your wall but they won`t build up.

HI R9MX4, 

I've been tinkering with bunker doors in my own time and noticed different opening and closing times to what is stated above. As of the RU, I'm getting around the 38.2 seconds to close, but more like 43 seconds to open. Not sure if you're able to re-read the exact figures but it's what I'm seeing when testing in game. 

4 hours ago, TunderLock said:

HI R9MX4, 

I've been tinkering with bunker doors in my own time and noticed different opening and closing times to what is stated above. As of the RU, I'm getting around the 38.2 seconds to close, but more like 43 seconds to open. Not sure if you're able to re-read the exact figures but it's what I'm seeing when testing in game. 

I believe there currently a bug causing the doors to open and close slower when not on the screen.

1 hour ago, Storm Engineer said:

So space scanners don't like "nearby heavy machinery".

But what exactly is "heavy machinery"?

And does it look under itself or only to the sides and above?

I did some experiments and space scanners don't like solar panels and power transformer, but you can build a steam turbine or a battery without problems (this is the typical energy setup in space)

Yes, scanners look under itself even if you build a glass tile, mesh tile o normal tile

On 6/2/2018 at 5:37 PM, R9MX4 said:

12.thumb.png.07928ff21d66bf0fa7d965a04e21c444.png

Does that mean that I can have 30 tiles between any two scanners? because I often see people have half that.
Also does the red barrier affect the range or can I build as close to the top as I want?  

13 minutes ago, Cipupec2 said:

Does that mean that I can have 30 tiles between any two scanners? because I often see people have half that.
Also does the red barrier affect the range or can I build as close to the top as I want?  

You can have only 16 tiles between each scanner. Because only the scanner counts as heavy machinery and not the range of the scanner. If you understand what I mean.

And yes the red barrier affect the range of the scanner. I encountered the problem just yesterday. You have to put your scanner 15 tiles under the barrier for it to run at 100%.

2 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

You can have only 16 tiles between each scanner. Because only the scanner counts as heavy machinery and not the range of the scanner. If you understand what I mean.

Yeah understand that this is minimum distance between two scanners to avoid the heavy machinery debuff, but I am asking about the maximum possible distance while maintaining full coverage.

7 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

And yes the red barrier affect the range of the scanner. I encountered the problem just yesterday. You have to put your scanner 15 tiles under the barrier for it to run at 100%.

Too bad, that might be the reason why people put them closer apart, so that they can put them higher without affecting the coverage.

30 minutes ago, Cipupec2 said:

Yeah understand that this is minimum distance between two scanners to avoid the heavy machinery debuff, but I am asking about the maximum possible distance while maintaining full coverage.

Maximum distance is the one you want in fact. Full coverage can be achieve with 6 space scanners and even if they are very far away they still contribute to the same coverage. If it is what you asked for. I must admit I'm not sure. So feel free to explain again if I've not answered your question.

No you got it right the first time, I am just sketchy on the details, trying to get a sense of scale before I go into space so I don't waste time on rebuilding too much. Btw on tangent, solar panels sun light, do they se a line of sight cone kinda like bulbs, sweepers and robominers, in other words can stack them or do I have to pave the sky horizontally?

I have just tested various solar panel arrangements. It looks like they all reach full power at mid-day, what changes is how fast they dive back which depends on how many tiles are blocked (up to 2 seemed ok.) Overall it seem that the most efficient setup in terms of power generation per solar panel is the straight line setup, however, because you can fit more solar panels in zigzag if you want to maximize your output this is the way to go.

Archived