Drawings and Drivel

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

Wigfrid's wild hair and facepaint seems very fitting to her.  It's interesting to see you draw her too, or any of them not drawn before by you. (Winona, Wig, Wx.)

Thank you! I figured she'd go all out. She's not shy, especially when it comes to the show business. 

Sometimes I do draw those less-seen characters, but they never make it out of the sketchbook. I obviously have my favourites, and some characters just seem to come to paper more easily.

12 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

YOU CANNOT STOP THE K-POP INVASION!

Reveal hidden contents

I just looked up k-pop, and, my god, I'm convinced Gravity Falls was onto something.

GF did a lot of things very well. Man. Love that show.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

I was gonna say something but I forgot ^^;

Love the metal poster!! ^_^ What would they call themselves?

Pretty much anything can be a band name--including "Don't Starve" itself.

That said, there's a lot of other names they could take. "Prestihatitator" in some barely legible metal font could be funny. On a related note, "Maxwell and the Shadow Manipulators". Even just "Fuel". Ooh! "Voxola"! Or something with a W. "Maxwell and the Wayfarers", "Wilderness Circus".

To answer your question, I do not know what they call themselves. Open to suggestions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Thank you! I figured she'd go all out. She's not shy, especially when it comes to the show business. 

Sometimes I do draw those less-seen characters, but they never make it out of the sketchbook. I obviously have my favourites, and some characters just seem to come to paper more easily.

True for Wigfrid there.

I know what you mean. I draw others more often if I think of a scene that involves them, but otherwise - I haven't drawn Maxwell even once.
But I may draw him soon as I  have something planned.

48 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

To answer your question, I do not know what they call themselves. Open to suggestions.

I thought just 'Don't Starve' would be the most obvious and fitting, the Prestihatitator was amusing too though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I haven't drawn Maxwell even once.

Same here. I need to learn hoe to draw Maxwell and Charlie (but mostly Maxwell for my DS comic).

26 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

swim.png

I wish the survivors could go swimming in summer. Then again judging by shipwrecked, no one actually knows how to swim >u<

I wonder if there's a swimming pool mod or something :p

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DragonMage156 said:

I wish the survivors could go swimming in summer.

If you're making a comic, lad, the survivors can do whatever you want. You have the power!

I'm gonna give them treehouses. Because they deserve a roof over their heads. They're worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

swim.png

Strangely adorable, Wilson makes a point. Woodie's reply is pretty adorkable.

Man, I hate the humidity of summer. There's no way to escape it.

Same, I want to wear my vest and tie and I look like I'm in a trailer park right now due to my lazyness with the heat.

3 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I'm gonna give them treehouses. Because they deserve a roof over their heads. They're worth it.

If you want to make Wilson or Maxwell really evil, just have them make Webber and Wendy make it... For "Building character" to quote Calvin's father.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Strangely adorable, Wilson makes a point. Woodie's reply is pretty adorkable.

Wilson is mainly illustrating my reaction upon learning Woodie couldn't swim. He could also just be trying to diffuse his own embarrassment after he strips in the wilderness and Woodie's like "dude, wtf are you doing." 

Same, I want to wear my vest and tie and I look like I'm in a trailer park right now due to my lazyness with the heat.

[weeps for lost dapperness] 

If you want to make Wilson or Maxwell really evil, just have them make Webber and Wendy make it... For "Building character" to quote Calvin's father.

Webber would do it, but you know Wendy's not gonna take that crap. Could make for a funny little script, though. Wendy would probably tear Maxwell to pieces in a way Calvin always tried to. 

7 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Hey, look at this really shallow water that goes up to my ankles! "Boat brakes" HELP I'M DROWNING

Ah, video games. Your character either swims well with a full suit of metal armour, weapons, and a pack full of loot or water=instadeath.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

swim.png

This one is pretty amusing. It's interesting to see some of your interpretations interact with each other.
(I imagine Lucy piping up with "I can teach y- Wait...") 

weeps for lost dappern

Sounds like Maxwell.

12 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Hey, look at this really shallow water that goes up to my ankles! "Boat brakes" HELP I'M DROWNING

Ah, video games. Your character either swims well with a full suit of metal armour, weapons, and a pack full of loot or water=instadeath.

I think, looking at the hands that drag us down when we drown in SW, that Them is pulling us down and therefore we can't swim. If dark things reside in the night, and the underground, and in the darker parts of the mind, why not the ocean too? 

Here's a picture of Maxwell drowning so we can see those evil hands.

Spoiler

TDXvkJT.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gallusvarius said:

It's interesting to see some of your interpretations interact with each other.

Yeah, most of my drawings tend to feature characters standing or sitting around, not really doing anything. That's another thing I need to improve.

Sounds like Maxwell.

Correct. It's just really important to him. On an emotional level.

Here's a picture of Maxwell drowning so we can see those evil hands.

Confession time: I have yet to play Shipwrecked. It's good to know that there is a lore-based reason why water kills instantaneously. It also makes the ocean 10X scarier. It's deep, mysterious, full of dangerous marine life and malignant shadows. What's not to love?

Partially off-topic: I went to look at the cost of Shipwrecked on Steam and it's on sale for $2.75 at the moment, so I can't really say the purchase is unjustifiable with my current financial status. So, uh, yeah. My drowning begins soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ResettePlayer said:

Yeah, most of my drawings tend to feature characters standing or sitting around, not really doing anything. That's another thing I need to improve

Hey, it's fine, I personally appreciate both. 

2 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Confession time: I have yet to play Shipwrecked.

Ohhh maaan - I hope you love it as much as I do.
Honestly for me, SW is where I started. I didn't really embrace this game until SW. I think I just appreciate the theme and such there more, the wildlife, ect. It looks like home a little, I live near the ocean in a subtropical area. We even have cane plants or 'bamboo.' Real bamboo doesn't look like it does in SW, not the real bamboo forests of Asia. But the cane plants around here are a relative of bamboo and practically identical to what's found in SW. 

Long story short, SW is basically my local environment, in island-form and with a lot less civilization.

I didn't really get into the normal game seriously until I played it more in DST, and from there tried the normal version solo so that I could help me and my friend survive better. 

On a more related note, I think the werebeaver can 'swim?' When you 'drown,' you wash up on the nearest island, I think, as if you were wearing the lifejacket item. I could be wrong about that detail, though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

Ohhh maaan - I hope you love it as much as I do.

I've been intending to get it for a while now. I have the soundtrack (bought that ages ago), which is good listening, and the gameplay itself looks fun. I'm looking forward to it, anyway. 

8 minutes ago, gallusvarius said:

SW is basically my local environment, in island-form and with a lot less civilization.

So you'd say that it's well researched and designed? I love it when there is an element of accuracy in a game. I would not be able to tell if it looks like real tropics or not, but knowing that it is well researched makes me respect the art direction much more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ResettePlayer said:

So you'd say that it's well researched and designed? I love it when there is an element of accuracy in a game. I would not be able to tell if it looks like real tropics or not, but knowing that it is well researched makes me respect the art direction much more.

Well, I wouldn't know if they researched or had mere coincedence in fashioning it, but I appreciate it a lot.
The animals themselves are things like 'Tiger-sharks' and 'Water-beefalo' and 'Crocodogs,' the usual awkward mixes and such, 'Crabbits,' so they're less accurate to here than the setting and plants, of course... But in their ways, still. We, before humans settled in, did have quite the alligator population. We still have fairly large blue land crabs.

When you go crazy, crabbits grow beard hair just like normal DS rabbits. 
Here, in their breading season I guess, these crabs - the males - have this weird brown fuzz on their faces. Crab beards. 
(Now I just need to harvest enough of it and I can make a meat effigy - Kidding.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

I don't want to interrupt the thread but this reminds me of things I would draw. Nice work bud.:wilson_goodjob:

Hey, better interrupt us here than in the weekly stream thread. I'm glad you liked it enough to go through the effort of bringing it over here!

• Thanks 1

One sure way to make Wilson's day better is to compliment his hair. It takes a lot of effort to maintain, and he certainly appreciates any appreciation.

He invented his own gel, out there in the wilderness.

20180618_175928.jpg

There is Woodie art incoming, this here is just to make sure I've uploaded something within the last few days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

He killed twenty spiders to make gland-based pomades.

I guess no one has told Webber yet. Oof. That kid is in for some emotional scarring.

Also, did Wes seek assistance from the Hair Lord, or did the Hair Lord see Wes' somewhat scruffy look and go "That man... that man needs me."? Good execution on the meme, by the way. Nice touch with the trumpet voice. I wasn't aware that Wilson was such an effective salesman.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

All you art needs now is a shoujo anime pink cloudy background and sparkles

GET THIS WEEB TRASH OUT OF MY THREAD! /s

You think I'll succumb to this meme temptation, Minespatch? But I do feel a small amount of shame for not thinking about the sparkles first.

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2018 at 8:27 AM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. Wilson is mainly illustrating my reaction upon learning Woodie couldn't swim. He could also just be trying to diffuse his own embarrassment after he strips in the wilderness and Woodie's like "dude, wtf are you doing." 
  2. [weeps for lost dapperness] 
  3. Webber would do it, but you know Wendy's not gonna take that crap. Could make for a funny little script, though. Wendy would probably tear Maxwell to pieces in a way Calvin always tried to.
  1. My father did a Wilson today asking how the Forge darts worked.
  2. 57bb7875380d3_forcedintoashirt.png.af251e73a55a0312e5c8e78dee021529.pngPRetty much this.Also like this:57970a93c1869_ScreenShot2016-07-24at10.42.07PM.png.067d197d70cf798c343a2602c480a984.png
  3. Sounds like Wendy.:wilson_ecstatic:
1 hour ago, ResettePlayer said:
  1. I guess no one has told Webber yet. Oof. That kid is in for some emotional scarring.
  2. Also, did Wes seek assistance from the Hair Lord, or did the Hair Lord see Wes' somewhat scruffy look and go "That man... that man needs me."? Good execution on the meme, by the way. Nice touch with the trumpet voice. I wasn't aware that Wilson was such an effective salesman.
  3. GET THIS WEEB TRASH OUT OF MY THREAD! /s
  4. You think I'll succumb to this meme temptation, Minespatch? But I do feel a small amount of shame for not thinking about the sparkles first.
  1. I've seen fanart of Webber eating his spiders.57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png
  2. I have no idea, you have to ask the dev KrisRf. I just took what she wrote and played with my own art.
  3. 5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.pngYou know you love it~
  4. image.thumb.png.20571e9830db5f13f7c1bd1cad6909e0.pngHere you go.57e489f1ea8db_Arieleeeyyyy1_0.png.0eb5246b7f005bad586cb59a92178fa5.png
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5