Drawings and Drivel

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Five looks nice, just a bit too modern. The game is in the 1920s-ish setting but do what you want to draw.

Yeah. Five does look nice, I'm only judging them on authentic-y-ness. They all look very well-done.

13 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

Well, here they are. Cast your vote and I'll draw a portrait.

I'm likewise torn... Hmm... 
2 is pretty good, but so is 1 and 5... 1 and 5 have more black than 2, as a general observation, and two has as much black as the original skin did, so that doesn't make it wrong. 
I'll have to go by a process of elimination because I think well of them all...
1 seems less fitting to Woodie than the others, so I guess the vest is the first one to be out. 
Now it's down to 2 and 5.
5 looks more evil than 2. But maybe too much evil isn't the goal with Woodie, he's more like 'Not too evil, just evil enough.'  But is 5 too much evil, or just evil enough? 
I'm having trouble deciding.

I agree 5 looks to be one of the best visually, but does 2 fit Woodie's personality and nature better?... I'm not sure if I see how 5 looks more modern than the others in the sprites, only in the drawings...  

I ended up going to a random-picker-thingy because it was easy, and the random chance has spoken '2.' Though really, maybe if the modern-ness were toned down on 5 it might be the better one. 

Visually, I probably find 1 and 5 the more appealing, regardless of how they fit personality or not. 

Edited by gallusvarius
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, gallusvarius said:

I agree 5 looks to be one of the best visually, but does 2 fit Woodie's personality and nature better?

I totally know what you mean here. 5 looks like the better shadow skin, but is it the better Woodie skin?

I'm not really sure how to make 5 look less modern. Perhaps taking the cuffs off the sleeves, but those were added for evilness' sake. HMM.

Y'know, I was looking at Winona's and Wes' skins and noticed something. Their clothing wasn't dramatically different from their default, but their hair and faces were where the most interesting changes were. Woodie looks like he washed his hair and combed it for once. Which isn't a very big change, but I guess is "true to Woodie" again, huh.

So what I'm sayin' is, I think our attention was on the wrong thing this whole time. The outfit looks a bit too normal, and the hair looks a bit too normal. One of these is fine, but both makes for a lacklustre skin. In Woodie's case, it might have been better to change the hair.

THAT SAID, I'm much too lazy to go through this process again. Besides, I tend to draw shadow Woodie's hair with more curly bits in there anyway. Maybe with a bit more exaggeration in that regard will make it more shadow-y.

You know what? Scratch that. I'm not too lazy to do a little extra drawing. I will do both the modified clothing and the modified hair because I must. This is the Woodie Fan Club, apparently, and there are never enough drawings on an art-based thread.

[rallying cry] --IT IS TIME TO DEFEAT LAZINESS! WHO'S WITH ME?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

Aight, fellas, I can tell you now that you shouldn't pick no.5. 

What if I want to? XD (jk)

Either 1 or 4 because these hairstyles make him look like he means business

5 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

IT IS TIME TO DEFEAT LAZINESS! WHO'S WITH ME?!

EH LALA!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vixenine said:

Either 1 or 4 because these hairstyles make him look like he means business

I like 1 too, buuut (there's always a but, isn't there) he kinda reminds me of The Ancestor from Darkest Dungeon. A bit too evil.

Agh, but those eyebrows!

6 minutes ago, vixenine said:

Good call on giving his hair a makeover though. About time to give his shadow skin that respectable shadow lord look (and to take sexy werebeaver to a whole new level)

No matter his roots, the Shadow King, Lord of Nightmares and Master of Darkness needs to look the role.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

2 is pretty nice. I love the swirly hair. :wilson_smile:

3 would've been perfect for Forge.

4 is ME. :wilson_ecstatic:

I like 2, but it still seems a bit too normal. Might need to tweak it out more.

3 is indeed good for Forge, but then we wouldn't have the Wolverine hair, which is also perfect for Forge. I surprised myself with 3, actually. I thought I wouldn't like a head tattoo, but it might be my favourite. It looks evil, but also outdoorsy, if that makes any sense. It kinda matches with my Shadow Lucy as well.

4. Whoops, you weren't supposed to know that I've been peeking through your bedroom window.

This is what happens when you don't pay attention to what you're drawing.

20180607_085324.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, ResettePlayer said:

3 is indeed good for Forge, but then we wouldn't have the Wolverine hair, which is also perfect for Forge. I surprised myself with 3, actually. I thought I wouldn't like a head tattoo, but it might be my favourite. It looks evil, but also outdoorsy, if that makes any sense. It kinda matches with my Shadow Lucy as well.

He'd look like a Viking XD

https://media.giphy.com/media/9VnSkgpojq1V

Edited by vixenine
  • Like 1

Well, I was trying to draw an expressive face for once in my life, and I wasn't careful to line his eyes up properly or anything. Like I said, I wasn't really paying proper attention. It turned into that humorous abomination.

It was supposed to illustrate his reaction to the Jury-Rigged Portal turning into the Florid Postern. "Great, Just great."

• Like 2

@vixenine Thanks! And it looks like both of us were more inspired by the Forge skin if anything.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Did Wilson join a biker gang?

Close! I'm doing metal skins for several characters--it's been super fun so far.

Came across this amazing image while looking for reference.

mark2-300x300.jpg

He looks so happy.

• Like 3