Any way to get steam without magma?

2 hours ago, Technoincubus said:

So far everyone were telling me the same - "want steam? get to magma and pump water". Tepidizer turning off, aquatuner is unreliable. Is there any way to get stable steam generation wthout magma?

Volcano

Just now, CDoroFF said:

Does not work anymore. Clean water no more gets repolluted and just overpressure vent. The way to spend 40° is required

Any way to get steam without magma? -1
How to turn water into polluted water? +1

1 hour ago, CDoroFF said:

Does not work anymore. Clean water no more gets repolluted and just overpressure vent. The way to spend 40° is required

I saw a post where this guy put some polluted dirt in front of the vent inside his p-water tank. The clean water got turned to polluted ... I haven't tested it out myself so I can't say if it's true

Edit. Lol. I looked for the thread and found it.. it was yours! :D you are the guy!

Does this means the polluted dirt does not pollute water?

6 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

I saw a post where this guy put some polluted dirt in front of the vent inside his p-water tank. The clean water got turned to polluted ... I haven't tested it out myself so I can't say if it's true

Edit. Lol. I looked for the thread and found it.. it was yours! :D you are the guy!

Does this means the polluted dirt does not pollute water?

Exactly. It had worked just single evening.

AFAIK the only way to get (reliable) machine heat above 120 is gold amalgam aquatuner. If you pre-heat the feed water using tepidizer you get 85 degrees, only need 35 more degrees for a boil, a single aqua-tuner cooling PWater could boil off ~3500 g/sec (4000 on paper but you have to raise a little bit over 120 to get the boil-off).

Using the sieve makes a lot more sense, and you can use the tepidizer on Pwater to kill germs before sending it into sieve.

1 hour ago, medicdude said:

... a single aqua-tuner cooling PWater could boil off ~3500 g/sec (4000 on paper but you have to raise a little bit over 120 to get the boil-off).

Saturnus put together his old 10 kg/s boiler before Automation.  If it were to be updated to a more current build using Tempshift Plates, Metal Tiles, Refined Metal in general, and Radiant Pipes (none of which existed then) it might even be more efficient.

Yeah if you could build a heat exchanger you might be able to get a little more efficiency by post-cooling the steam/water, but it wouldn't get you much more because steam/water has much lower thermal capacity than Pwater. You need an enormous amount of heat input to keep the system going, tepidizer works great as a pre-heater.

Archived