What's the trick for plumbers to plumb?

15 minutes ago, chemie said:

Multiple dupes fully trained with plumbing.  Neutral priorities across the board.  "9" plumb task assigned.  Nothing happens (liquid or gas pipes)

Game reboot help. Sometimes

I think there is a bug with the plumbing tasks. When you choose the plumbing tool and select priority 9, the resulting job will still be of priority 5 (can be checked and altered by selecting the pipe/vent.

So this might be the first problem (mistakenly assumed priority due to bug).

But even with priority 9 dupes tend to neglect those tasks (might be due to distance). I usually had to change the priority of the tidy task (might be toggle though) to a higher order for my dupes to reliably empty the pipes.

I can confirm priority was 9.  I manually changed from priority menu when nothing was happening.  Flow was stopped.  Open pipe in one case.  Closed in another.  No joy.  I can try bumping tidy but honestly the whole priority thing drives me crazy and this is from someone who leaves almost all dupes at default to avoid this mess to begin with

There is a Hidden Priority in the game (EVEN WITH ADVANCED PRIORITIES CHECKED) in which the Empty Task for a Pipe is considered to be lower priority over ALL other Tidy Tasks. To get your pipes to empty cancel all Tidy tasks of any priority, and make sure you have clean floors as sweeping to Storage Bins can also take priority.

Emptying Pipes does not respect Sub Priority (1-9)

My plumbers have tidy as highest priority with no others competing for the task, so only tidy jobs is competing for the dupes attention and you seldom have a lot of tidy jobs.

BTW: Plumbers can empty gas pipes too, you can't do anything with the bottles though except emptying them into the air as would have happened on deconstruct anyway. No way of moving the bottles as no container can hold them.

Archived