Slime Conveyor System (pls help)

What I have here is a fully automated slime system, from the puft stable, through decontamination, and off to my mushroom farm.  Unfortunately, there are some issues in the decontamination room that I can't figure out.  I'm having two problems, first is the auto-sweeper refuses to fill the smart storage past about 4/5ths of whatever I set it to, the second problem is the auto-sweeper won't pull slime from the receptacle sometimes, and it seems to be tied to the priority system.  At times the receptacle works if both it and the loader are set to the same priority.  As far as automation goes, filter is set to 200, buffer is set to 60, and that part at least seems to work properly as far as I can tell through the conveyor issues.  I have other simple conveyor systems, set up to feed my hatches and store my plastic, that have no issues, so I think it has something to do with a loader and a receptacle in range of the same sweeper.  I thought I saw a thread of a similar nature before, but I can't find it.

5ad29aa5992e5_Screenshot(128).thumb.png.7b2b22446d00634b3126c2eb7b153be5.png5ad29abdb4cf4_Screenshot(131).thumb.png.243599413f4f27b23b78eb97bf590856.png5ad29ac4b6c32_Screenshot(132).thumb.png.972778f9c83c04f580f64010a2a6cfd3.png5ad29ab5c5bdc_Screenshot(130).thumb.png.905ce5a5018f9f581dd87d679cc56536.png5ad29aae21d79_Screenshot(129).thumb.png.e2304caf999f1efb245119230997d881.png

lock the door(or just uncheck the "Left" arrow) and set compactor to 1 higher than receptacle and see if that doesn't fix your problem.  as an alternative set compactor to 2 and receptacle to 1 assuming your not using 1 or 2 for all of your compactors. 

I have a screenshot of the priorities posted, receptacle is the lowest at 4, then the smart compactor at 5, normal compactor at 6, and loader at 7.  The idea was that the loader would be filled first, and the smart compactor last, so the compactor signaled when the room was full, and the loader would drain all other storage in the room.  I have my other compactors elsewhere set at 5, 6 and 7, would that have any effect on this?  Also, I do have the floor door set to restrict all dupes from entering.

save, quit to desktop, reload. If that still fails share save, someone will likely know what to do

also, go ahead and post a bug report, that system should be working afaik based on what you are showing and assuming dupes are locked out of sweeper arms space then that compactor should be full right now o.o

Well, reloading the save appears to help for a time, but eventually the sweeper AI seems to break again.  Fortunately, that's not a big problem in my current setup, as the bottleneck for my system is how fast my mushrooms consume slime, which is the best bottleneck to have, and it's hard for the AI to break if it only needs to move a bit of slime every so often.  For completeness, here's the save and pics of the farm.  Once I got it running, my dupes actually started idling, never realized just how much time feeding those things took up.

Cesspool.sav

5ad2fc8672dd1_Screenshot(134).thumb.png.85f9c21ebe07a50eb2705afba580d8c3.png5ad2fc8eaa81d_Screenshot(135).thumb.png.ef715f0522bae366d17104177827523b.png

I may have a little patch for you, stick this in the line headed to the sweeper that likes to break down on you and set it to be turned off for a few seconds each day and see if this doesn't fix your problem.  Since save load fixes it, there is def a bug, maybe automation tripping it will let you skip the save/load to reset it :)

image.thumb.png.c5669f45bfec390c33900529983d2608.png

Hmm, I'll give the power shutoff thing a try.  I'm assuming Klei is well aware of this issue, as it seems pretty hard to miss, so I don't think I should post anything in the bug tracker section.

7 hours ago, CantBreathe said:

may I ask, how do you have 50t of algae?

Thank you

Algae distillers. Useful to get PW and algae as byproducts (which you can use to feed hatches or make O2 when you're low on water)

On 4/15/2018 at 1:34 PM, TOOK14 said:

Hmm, I'll give the power shutoff thing a try.  I'm assuming Klei is well aware of this issue, as it seems pretty hard to miss, so I don't think I should post anything in the bug tracker section.

I tried to deconstruct and rebuild the arm on a hung system to no avail. Save, reload is the only work around.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:07 PM, CantBreathe said:

may I ask, how do you have 50t of algae?

Thank you

I don't use deoxydizers long term, I use 4 electrolysers in a setup I picked up from a youtuber called brothgar, with some personal touches. 

5adb506e16f31_Screenshot(136).thumb.png.ab1e717167ff5004eb3c5945acc74e1f.png

I'm quite happy with it, ends up refunding most of the power it uses via hydrogen, while outputting enough O2 to keep the center of my base over 1kg, and fill up suits for 16 dupes.  I actually build up huge pressures of O2 where the 4 pumps are, so I effectively have a reserve should I run out of water, which is also why I put the access doors outside, so I don't get popped eardrums should I ever need to work in there. 

On another note, the power shutoff didn't work, I think it might actually be a map wide bug, and I just didn't notice it on the other conveyors before.  In any case, reloading the save works, but is the only thing that works, which gets annoying as saves take a long time to load once you get big enough, even with a SSD.

Archived