Forking through a bridge gets rid of the 2:1 flow reduction on pipe forks

Picture is worth a thousand words?

Usual forking with one branch blocked, the other branch is getting half the flow.

DHedAdx.jpg

If you fork it through a bridge, the flow in s not reduced:

kClvGEV.jpg

Note the fork still alternates the two branches fairly if neither is blocked.

LxLRrQi.jpg

Fun fact: it appears to work fine even for 4-way splits. That's the first time I have one in the game.

rf77PZL.jpg

"If you fork it through a bridge, the flow in s not reduced"

But still, if 10 kg/s arrive you end up with 5 within each branch, no?

(no liquid is created de novo)

So it's moves from 10 / 0 / 10 kg/s  to a regular 5 / 5 / 5, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Kasuha said:

No, check the third picture. It alternates just like standard fork.

Very usefull, i already have some trouble that the flow reduce causing some big trouble, thank to you

1 minute ago, QuantumPion said:

Can this also split inputs? E.g. two gas pumps going into one output duct?

Standard pipe (merging) joints already merge packets just fine so there's no need for special handling. If you want to merge with priority, merge the lower priority pipe through a bridge.

2 hours ago, QuantumPion said:

Follow up question - do you need to use bridges for every split in a pipe system to get full flow? Or just certain situations like farm tiles?

In my opinion, you don't need to use it most of the time. For instance farm tiles only need 20 kg of liquid per cycle, so the reduction only plays some psychological role while the pipe fills up - you'd need to have over 150 farm tiles in your farm to need more than 5 kg/s supply (and then I believe you'd have serious problems with water supply). Supplying oxygen to exosuit docks is the only place where I use it in permanent pipework.

On 01/04/2018 at 5:49 PM, Kasuha said:

Fun fact: it appears to work fine even for 4-way splits. That's the first time I have one in the game.

rf77PZL.jpg

Did some tinkering with this in my last stream and you're right - it's an absolute godsend when it comes to Atmosuits.

Look how happy you made a simple bearded oaf :

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4b68c490ef62a6c6bd23a92de0cf08e6.png

Archived