V2C

[Game Update] - 260075

Recommended Posts

HeatAndRun    670

Dat Big Event #2... I wonder when it will be...

Is this hotfix "Big Event #2", by any chance??? (just kidding:))

Edited by HeatAndRun
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
illusione    437
30 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

Dat Big Event #2... I wonder when it will be...

Is this hotfix "Big Event #2", by any chance??? (just kidding:))

There might be teasers soon now that this is over..

Edited by webbermain252
now we wait for year of the pig
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Karmattack    773

I mean to be fair you can't buy the skin drops, and I think people set the price of the Steam Marketplace. 

There's no way Klei tried to sell any of these skins for upwards of $300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Korlie    946
44 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

I mean to be fair you can't buy the skin drops, and I think people set the price of the Steam Marketplace. 

There's no way Klei tried to sell any of these skins for upwards of $300.

Yeah that's how the old skins worked. The new skins are sold directly by Klei, for roughly the cost of the actual game (Or more if you consider that the spring and winter skins were 10$ each but only covered half the roster so together they cost 20$) and they are only available for a limited amount of time so you're pressured even more to buy them.

Don't worry though, if you play the game enough to get your four profile cosmetic padded lootboxes a week you might get one that is the event lootbox so you can get less then 200 spools worth of random clothing scraps of the actual event outfits.

 

I'd rather just give them the 20$ if they're having that much trouble with supporting the game that they need to start doing stuff like this to keep updates coming. But at this point an established company starting a kickstarter would look bad so they have to use "official" methods of boosting funds instead. Hopefully it doesn't go any further then this, as the next cash milking tactic on the list is having to pay a subscription to play the game online.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
57 minutes ago, Korlie said:

Hopefully it doesn't go any further then this, as the next cash milking tactic on the list is having to pay a subscription to play the game online.

That would completely kill the game right then and there. No, the next step would be selling lootboxes for real money. At least then it would bleed out slowly instead of dying on the spot. But I highly doubt Klei would even do that. They've already wandered into lootbox territory. Going any farther could cause some serious harm to the game, and their reputation.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    3,140
22 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

use the spoons

There is no spoon.

Once you've realized this, you're free to bend it to your will.

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Going any farther could cause some serious harm to the game, and their reputation.

Agreed.  The game's already a pay-to-play, even if it is a cheaper price than "AAA" game titles out there, so adding in randomized loot boxes you'd pay for cheapens the experience a lot to me.  Even EA backed off of that one after that huge publicity disaster, going back to the tried-and-true cosmetic-only in-game shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    9,083
4 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

There is no spoon.

image.png.6b1449a8fbf45f599fb5758c444965c1.png

Are you sure? Cuz that look like spools to me. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
malthazen    15
2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I'd be satisfied if we could use the spools on normal skins. That way even when getting 10th pleated shirt you'd be a little bit closer to your desired skin.

and then you will destroy dst steam marketplace

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MewUra    82
23 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

There are some who would consider that a good thing.

Here in Brazil, it's a really good thing, the people here don't miss the opportunity to take advantage of the others. The prices are ridiculous of so expensive. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
4 hours ago, MewUra said:

Here in Brazil, it's a really good thing, the people here don't miss the opportunity to take advantage of the others. The prices are ridiculous of so expensive. 

That's a good point. I forget that currency conversions in Steam aren't always the greatest. And last I knew China doesn't even allow the Steam market as a whole anymore. So Chinese players on Steam are screwed as much as console players are in terms of getting skins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Corazon    607
12 hours ago, MewUra said:

Here in Brazil, it's a really good thing, the people here don't miss the opportunity to take advantage of the others. The prices are ridiculous of so expensive. 

Sad, but true... :wilson_cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sosiskaKi    148
19 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

That's a good point. I forget that currency conversions in Steam aren't always the greatest. And last I knew China doesn't even allow the Steam market as a whole anymore. So Chinese players on Steam are screwed as much as console players are in terms of getting skins.

Chinese players have Tencent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinister_Fang    8,135
15 minutes ago, sosiskaKi said:

Chinese players have Tencent.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what all is going on over there, but I have a feeling the ban of the Steam market might have had something to do with Tencent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I.E.L    515
On 18-3-2018 at 8:44 AM, Aeschwutz said:

LEAK_Rose_Firepit.png

LEAK_Rose_Torch.png

These beauties.

This would be nice as the new puzzle skins

Edited by I.E.L
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now