[Lore question]Maxwell and pigs

18 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

They gathered with the begining of DST. Now they're on the same island.

Yeah. I pretty much just said that. I was saying that before the events of DST they weren't on the same exact island. They wouldn't need a portal if everyone was already on the same island.

8 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Hamlet will also probably have no impact on the Ds/t lore. Come to think of it the only reason why RoG is considerated canon is because it's basically what ds should have been in the first place

To follow along with that I don't think Klei really considers Shipwrecked to be canon, at least they've given no indication of it. It's probably more of a "other universe" kinda deal and I'd guess Hamlet will probably be the same way.

Who knows, maybe they'll throw in some new stuff to the lore, but considering how nicely RoG already takes care of it I'd deem it extremely unlikely.

finally, SW seems to belong to the lore. I watched the SW trailer on youtube and in the last second of the movie, we can see the volcano and in  the lava  burst an evil smiling face that looks like Maxwell's one. Or maybe i didn't see well.

1 hour ago, Nino123 said:

finally, SW seems to belong to the lore. I watched the SW trailer on youtube and in the last second of the movie, we can see the volcano and in  the lava  burst an evil smiling face that looks like Maxwell's one. Or maybe i didn't see well.

Huh, I never noticed that little detail before. That strongly hints at SW taking place during Maxwell's reign.

14 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Huh, I never noticed that little detail before. That strongly hints at SW taking place during Maxwell's reign.

Thou see now? Twas I whom knew that shipwrecked is somehow canon. I have a third ear that lets me hear the truth. You're all playing chess while I'm playing checkers

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Thou see now? Twas I whom knew that shipwrecked is somehow canon. I have a third ear that lets me hear the truth. You're all playing chess while I'm playing checkers

Doesn't change the fact that SW still has a few inconsistencies when it comes to lore. But I suppose that could just be a side effect related to it being a collaboration with another developer.

Of course Shipwrecked is canon. It happens when Wilson goes crazy in the dead of winter and builds a mechanical toy boat ride, then imagines himself as a grizzled sea captain with a wooden leg surviving on a warm, tropical island, as he mindlessly rocks atop the silly thing.

Archived